Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
RSV is going around too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
If you're prescribed paxlovid, make sure you pick up some candy with it. The metallic taste in your mouth is awful.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Not Wolverine posted:

How does the quality of Adventure Force compare to Hot wheels or matchbox cars? Similarly, do you collect matchbox cars too? I didn't see any in your haul.

Are those Linux reference books up to date? Are they really more useful than like just using Google? I use a Linux PC as my daily driver and I know enough to keep the system from breaking, I would like to learn more, but I don't own any reference books and I'm not sure they would still be the best way to learn more. Like a looong time ago my step dad purchased a boxed set for Mandrake Linux, it had a dozen CDs and a thick book, and this was relevant and useful at the time because we were still on dialup.

Try building Linux from Scratch?

https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Not Wolverine posted:

Does installing Arch count? :haw: I read the LFS guide a long time ago, and it does seem kinda fascinating. I'm more hoping for a guide for how to make something useful, like a home file server, which I have already done with Ubuntu + Samba. I should have taken the easy way with FreeNAS but thus far it's stable and my files are backed up (scattered across a dozen old hard drives in cold storage).

So....like a plex server with Radarr or Sonarr? If so, trash guides might be a good start:

https://trash-guides.info/

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NoWake posted:

A few weeks after I'd moved into a new house, someone walking past left a shopping cart in my yard. I went over to the store and let them know, left my # and told the manager if they decided they wanted it back, it'd be ready on my porch. *I* didn't take it, and I'm not exactly excited about the prospect of walking it back empty if it's going to happen all the time.

A month passed and nobody came to take it off my porch. It's a nice cart. Sturdy, rolls smooth. But what in the world am I going to do with it?

Oh, now I know.

What kind of engine is that?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

also drive two hours to get to a decent hospital

my wife and I have considered it over and over and this is always the sticking point, you don't actually have to die of a minor heart attack in this day and age, but maybe you do if you live somewhere that remote

If the heart attack doesn’t kill ya, the hospital bill might

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, that's what he said.

Oh, sure, you bet. Definitely prefer spending $thousands and hours of effort to spending $100.
I'd put a rotary in it before I spend time dealing with the 4AGE tax, never mind dealing with the small detail that 90% of 4AGEs are FWD and need a bunch of jankery to fit into a RWD chassis.
Hell, I'd put a GM 2.8L in there first. Or a 3.6. Or a Ford 3.9. Or a KA24. Whatever's newer, common, and in the junkyard, really.
Actually, an HO 2.8 would be kinda neat in something that light. I do have that friend with a bunch of Fieros...

edit: the 4AC made all of 80-something HP when new. This one is... far from new. 120HP from anything remotely modern and EFI would make it much more entertaining.
And yeah, really, I take your point. Spending money on the 4AC is a fool's errand.

NO. NOT KEEPING. RX-7 needs me!

Throw a rotary in the ae86

And then an 4age into the rx7! :smuggo:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dr. Lunchables posted:

That’s fuckin dumb as hell

Yeah but it brought the shareholders value.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

It is time for you to get Helldivers 2, friends.

One part Starship Troopers, one part Terminator, a heaping tablespoon of of Star Wars vehicles and then add another few ounces of Space WWI and muddle with half of a Space Vietnam. Awesome music, awesome one-liners, fully entertaining with your gaming buddies.

It sounds like fun but there's no single player.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Been thinking about maybe getting V6 Camry, 2012-2014 SE or 2015-2017 XSE "sport" models with low miles.

Would probably have to travel to get one they are like the hen's teeth of Camrys lol

FWIW I had a 2012 XLE Camry. It was a comfortable commuter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

How the gently caress did I know?

Is there anyone famous from back then who wasnt: racist, anti-gay or didn't have sex with girls under the age of 18?

Dolly Parton?