Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021
Ordered 900 BrexitBucks of pc parts, my first this century. Elite dangerous kicks rear end even on my 2012-mac-running-windows, can't wait to see it without 1fps intervals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

The Door Frame posted:

How's that brain cancer cellphone conspiracy working out?

Seven!

tinned owl
Oct 5, 2021

kastein posted:

Don't even get me loving started on that. There are like a dozen thread standards and fitting types I have to deal with. Let's see...
NPT commonly used on vacuum barbs, etc
NPS (straight instead of tapered threads) is used on many GM transmission cooler lines
Imperial ORB
metric ORB
JIS flare
Imperial flare
Metric flare
AN flare
AN flare with Schrader valve
DIN ISO bubble flare
Quick connect
BSPP
BSPT
Multiple sizes and types of banjo bolt and fitting

naturally I never ever have the correct size or adapter on hand.

I'm am enginamneer (though far less hands on than Kastein) and I've never heard of the ORB ones, I'll go look them up and ponder them later