Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Oh hi chat thread! Long time, no see, liking the new look. Happy New Year y'all!

I made the mistake of trying to go to Mt Hood Meadows on the first weekend with big snow, after a really slow start to the season with poo poo weather. Here is a quick recap:

- Got a Thule Motion XT Alpine roof box to put the skis in. Brilliant idea, right? Well, gently caress you Thule. The lock is so poorly sealed that it iced all the way through, so after a drive up the mountain we didn't even get to ski.
- As I was trying to unlock the roof box, a chucklefuck in an Expedition let his door SLAM into my door, leaving a crease and some scratches.
- Another smoothbrain thought the "CHAINS OR TRACTION TIRES REQUIRED" signs were just for show, and slid his Explorer into the back of me, very much loving my bumper up and leaving me pretty sore today

Why did I, someone who can be fanatically obsessive about keeping nice cars nice, order a brand new expensive vehicle in a special color to use as a daily driver? That is probably the biggest fuckup. If I'd bought a boring color straight off the lot it would serve exactly the same purpose and I'd probably be way less upset than I am now.

2024 so far: I am angry at other people because I made dumb decisions and should have known better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

YouTube can kiss my rear end for making this a short instead of a video, but I was looking for content on YouTube to passively show off this 32:9 monitor and one of the options was a gameplay video of Stray. My wife captured this adorable video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjr3sfAEneM

fake edit: SA parsed it into a video link! Yay! And also still gently caress you YouTube

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Finally ordered a jet kit for the Weber 32/36 DGEV on the AE86, since I was already ordering a phenolic spacer to hopefully help with the dieseling presumably cause by it being directly coupled to the exhaust manifold (non-crossflow engine, and the factory manifolds are literally joined, for quick warm up/atomization?)
I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's so damned rich it gets worse gas mileage than my V8 living room on wheels (Crown Vic.)

I guess I get to learn to read plugs, or buy a wideband O2?

I've been reading your posts for years now, how goes the selling of that thing? :)