Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
................! I had no idea that actually existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

If you want a file server that isnt Windows then TrueNAS really is about the best roll your own. Samba has it's problems but TrueNAS has a neat interface that will overcome them.

There are ways to do a Windows file server without a retail or VMS key for tru ease, not saying them here for obv reasons.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

randomidiot posted:

He's sucked $8k out of me so far (original estimate was 3k), but I've been told in absolutely no uncertain terms to not discuss anything regarding my personal life ever again on SA. All I know is I'm going to jail for anywhere from 3 days to 5 years with no access to insulin, all because I got loving run over by a loving car (early Mercedes ML with paper tags). Been homeless for drat near 6 months, just didn't mention it until the other day. I guess that's E/N and FORBIDDEN.

You were offered a direct outlet to be with goons after an incident that I felt like you were in a lot trouble and needed help. I requested you to protect yourself and stop with the constant IRL posting because of that incident. You held to that for a while but you are clearly not going to any more and that .... very much disappoints me given I went in to bat for you to come back.

I have spent months and a lot of stress trying to look after you and Rhyno and trying to finding a solution that worked. Rhyno I'm glad to say is looking very much on the mend and I hope to see him back. I hope you also eventually also turn a corner genuinely but AI isnt not the place for this to continue.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Another Covid vaxx booster done. Wonder how poo poo I'll feel tomorrow? Last one was a combo with flu Vax and that hit hard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Galler posted:

My vaccine reactions have never been more than a slightly sore arm...up until Octoberish last year when I got both the covid and flu vaccine. I woke up about 1am feeling incredibly cold and could barely stumble my way to the closet for another blanket. Spent a couple hours violently, full body, shivering and felt not great the next day. Still a vastly better experience than the time I actually got the flu and probably better than getting covid but I've yet to have that so idk.

Coivd booster trip report - stiff arm, horrible metal taste in the mouth, feeling a bit tired. Otherwise, no issues.9/10,will get boosted again

I guess the covid / flu combo booster is just plainly going to hit a lot harder because your immune system is trying to deal with two seperate things at once? Anyway going ot just get the flu booster later as a solo.

Also agreed, while I didnt like the covid/ful shot the actual flu sucks sooooo much worse. Also I had a long recovery time much like long covid - and NOW they loving tell us that yes, the flu actually CAN give you lingering problems. Geee thanks for that now, why didnt the doctors know that 5 years ago, is it because it's only now long viral issues are front and centre and it's being paid attention to?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Yeah the look pretty neat, I wanna say they came on peoples radar because I think a lot of existing LS performance internal stuff crosses over? Pistons/rods etc? I could be wrong on that though.

I think it''s more "cheap as gently caress turbo I6" that even Barra from a junkyard taxi can't match.

The Atlas can't match the Barra or 2JZ for the big power but I would be fairly confident that gaining good hp out of one will be shitloads cheaper... and if the block costs next to nothing you can boost and not care if it holes the block going too far.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4044356

Post your kitty in dis thread on Friday and you may receive something! And not a kitty sixxer, altho if you want that too can be arranged :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

This track is insane. From the Skyline down to Forrest Elbow it is insane that people race down this at speed and not bounce off the concrete walls. Also crazy how many houses there are on this track, it must be a pain trying to go anywhere when either the 12 hour or 1000 is on

Surprisingly not that much of a problem - I've stayed with friends just before The Cutting and there is a network of paths / dirt roads the public isnt allowed to access around the back of the properties. You have resident passes / car stickers so you dont get held up getting in or out. The event organisers try to not piss the residents off, some of whom have been there decades and I think a couple of families even owned their property before the track was a thing (Of course the residents arent the orginal generation but they have lived there their entire lives)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The only good use for Imperial sockets is when you round off a metric nut you can hammer a size too small imperial onto it to use a large breaker bar.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

*sigh*

Of course some idiot on the factory floor who was edgy decided to use a johnny drop table username as a joke

And of course this loving multi million buck factory machine was vulnerable to it and is currently being rebooted and re-calibrated at silly expense and time -_-

I would say you would not believe how bad industrial machinery are with security and data sanitization but.... well...... I think you all know how bad it can be with systems that are supposed to be secure and thence wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Coredump posted:

I THINK I have a socket that's in some increment of 64ths. Should get a full set just for the cursed factor.

A full set of Witworth for the extra cursed

Or for the full blooded what the gently caress, *metric* Witworth like BMC used on engines between 1930 and 1955 which is Witworth Imperial sized but used on metric head sizes

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

The purpose of modern technology is to make simple things complicated.

Touch screen toasters

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The godawful takes about the bridge collapse being the fault of woke DEI just leave me gobsmacked how goddamn stupid anyone has to be to say that

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

Fred Rogers, probably.

The world never deserved Mr Rogers but we were blessed by him anyway

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Night Danger Moose posted:

They photo radar for 68 in a 60 in KPH? :psyduck:

Australia is hosed in the head with photo speed enforcement. And it does gently caress all for actual road safety of course

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Currently seeing just how far you can get out of the battery of an unrestricted Specialized Creo

63 kms, burned 36% battery so far. Might be able to go a lot further than expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

MrOnBicycle posted:

My wife laughed at me / hates me for roughly guessing the ID on the cars on a house plan drawing of a garage:

80's 911 and a BMW e31 is my guess.

What are your guesses?

I would love to have a 850i manual one day, so gorgeous