Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

BuckyDoneGun posted:

After 4 years dodging it, the spicey flu finally caught up to me. Goddamn this aint great.

I caught covid for the second winter in a row, on the 31st, back at work but stille feel 20% like rear end. I'm not loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Can a Canuck or American help a brotha out?

Canada office is moving, and I've been tasked with making sure our servers can reside in this room. Can someone tell me what they think this is:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
You guys are beyond awesome, thanks all around!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So I clicked on something, no idea what, and suddenly I was on the last page of AI and found the following thread from nearly a decade ago which provided some entertainment: Who drives the rarest car in AI?.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Turbo Fondant posted:

I was at an old employer's shop shooting the poo poo with the old boss a couple months back and I confirmed that my career's most desperate hail Mary hack fix has now done over 900000 km and is still working fine.

It has thus far outlasted the original unmolested component by 300000km.

Aw man you can't mention that without telling the whole story.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
If you go to the mall in Dubai (which you do, because there's fuckall else to do in that God forsaken furnace) and you wish to reserve a table in the food court, you simply leave your car keys there while you go grab your grub.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
You gotta truck it just across state lines so you can live out your moonshinin' fantasies.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I threw mine out last time I moved, and it was probably sitting at around 15 years and half full at the time.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Oof. 850 chat sent me shopping for one. Couple of nice ones, including one very close to me, and an even nicer 840 if I wanted to avoid the V12 money pit, but "you might also like" showed me one of my other highly prized BMW dreams:

'94 540i 6-speed, 150k km, clean as a whistle. "1 of 3 Avus Blue E34 540i/6 - RHD of the 249 HE52 ever made and only one with Light Silvergrey leather" asking NZ$28k. All the M5 speed, none of the M5 bills.

Some real nice 635CSi's too.

I'll never be a fan of grey leather, but god drat that's a nice vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My BMW had something similar, but it was a seventeen button press dance and it had to be done at every start.

EU and Federally mandated nerd mode requirements can't come soon enough.