Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

NitroSpazzz posted:

:negative: white letters in

As god intended!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Luckily our temps haven’t been too low lately but we’ve been running the wood stove in the basement just to take the chill out. We keep the thermostat at 65 but we get plenty of essentially free firewood just from all these damned ash trees that keep falling on the properties.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So the verdict is yes, I can crawl in and out of the Miata with a race seat and hardtop. But it ain't graceful. At least the lowered seat and hardtop give me more helmet room.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My displacements range from 660cc to 3.4 liters and the absolute worst economy of the lot is the AWD 2.5 turbo Volvo, which gets 23-ish on the low end in my time with it.

My daily is the FiST and my worst tank ever in that was 34mpg.

I couldn’t handle driving a sub-20mpg vehicle daily just for the image of driving an SUV or truck, especially since I’m alone in the car 99% of the time. Not calling anyone out in this thread, more the general American public.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah my Scion gets 22 city and only 23 hwy cuz I'm doing 75mph most of the time lol, plus it's shaped like a box so that doesn't help much at speed either

That seems crazy. I get 35mpg in my Fiesta ST at the same speeds. How is the Scion so inefficient?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Safety Dance posted:

That's just a Ford Ranger, isn't it?

I believe that one was its own truck.

Not that it mattered much when they platform-shared anyway because parts weren’t necessarily interchangeable. We found this out in like tyool 2000 when my wife’s Probe needed a new o2 sensor; the ford part was $200. I bought the equivalent MX6 part for like $50 and it was 4-wire instead of 3-wire.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My kid ordered a cat-back exhaust for his RX8 to replace the super loving janky unit on there now and it came with the downpipe as well, totally unexpectedly. Wasn’t mentioned in the sales listing. The current downpipe could definitely stand to be replaced as it’s been welded and patched in the past so we will count that as a win.
Saved him $200 in the bargain.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Darchangel posted:

Durr, 2.2 kg/lb, not the other way around. :bang:

No, you’re backwards now; it’s 2.2 lb per kilogram, and 1lb is equal to roughly 454 grams.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 5, 2024

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Spent a couple of hours building this little guy today.

I really need a display shelf of some sort for these things.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Saw my first cyber truck today. It really is ugly.

i really did see one and the wall was better looking

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Baby got Brap - T Pain and Hert
Tokyo Drift - Teriyaki Boyz
My Car Goes Pshh Pshh - MCM Team Evo

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I got to drive an 850csi 6-speed about 20 years ago at the tire shop. We were putting all four new tires on it and I haven’t even seen one in person since. Plenty of 840’s and 850’s in auto but that one manual stayed with me.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

While looking up what the normal coolant temp for my 996 should be, I discovered that since it’s a ‘99 I can actually access a “secret” option and see the current/actual coolant temp in °C instead of guessing what the needle reads just by pressing a couple of hvac buttons.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I just realized more about the 911’s secret menu. It can display 32 different parameters and you can scroll through them. Not bad for a 25 year old car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Yeah I think I died in 2010. I’m baseline angry, never mind the levels of ire induced by a stuck bolt or dropping a tiny screw inside the dashboard. Or, god forbid, a socket falling in the engine bay and not hitting the ground below.

Hell I might be death himself based on anger alone.