Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Happy New Year folks. I expect the perpetual project to continue on, but maybe the pace will increase a bit. For those of you who had crappy '23s I hope the new year is better. For those that ended '23 on a high note, I hope your good fortune continues. Maybe I'll try to contribute a bit more to the conversation in AI, but I kinda doubt it'll happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

mariooncrack posted:

If you're prescribed paxlovid, make sure you pick up some candy with it. The metallic taste in your mouth is awful.

gently caress yeah it is. I murdered a bag of life savers mints when I got hit with it.

I think the most interesting part of COVID was the incredibly weird and vivid dreams I had the first night that had me concerned that I may have actually been losing my mind.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hot drat that Prestone looks delicious.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

NitroSpazzz posted:

Well finally got new tires on the 4Runner after having to reschedule the appointment several time. Get there (Discount Tire) and find out they had been sent four tires in three sizes... So they upgraded from Falken Wildpeak A/T3W to BFG KO2 which seems good enough and they fit the "look tough" wife requirement. Turns out we got them just in time for a nice winter storm warning, 3-6 inches is a lot for this area and largely shuts down everything. We'll get to put them to the test Tuesday morning driving Wife into work.

Guess I'll spend today "cold proofing" the house as much as possible so we can hopefully get through this cold snap without issues.

But now the important question: white letters?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Advent Horizon posted:

We got another 14” overnight; I think we officially broke the record for snowiest January.

Though the 62.8” in three days was what really messed everything up.

Stay safe Bobcat ghost.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

slidebite posted:

Didn't cross my mind that Carl Weathers would be passing anytime soon.

drat. That is a bummer and a half.

I just got done replacing all of the stupid-rear end dimmers that were in my basement. It'd be one thing if they were good ones, but they're the awful ones that are built to fit in a regular switch plate so it's a skinnier toggle with the tiny little slider next to it. I just spent the last however long replacing TEN of them with regular switches. No, previous owner, the lights in the little storage area with the water shutoff don't need to be dimmed. Neither does the light above the shower in the bathroom. Neither do any other of these drat lights. Plus side is that now I know which lights are on which breakers. PO did a real boner of a job with the breaker labeling. I need to get some new labels and redo them so they make sense.

Next step is figuring out all the outlets. :negative:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

wesleywillis posted:

I'm going to take a wild guess that retaining compound is some sort of glue like poo poo that keeps a bolt from rattling off while still leaving it able to be turned with only a minimal effort? As opposed to thread locker that might require a torch?

Right? Wrong?

To my knowledge it's the opposite. Retaining compound is for poo poo that is not supposed to come apart. Period. I've got some green stuff from Loctite - don't recall the number - and it kind of scares me. I haven't used it yet and don't know of anything specific that would require it, but I got some should the need arise.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cage posted:

I got pulled over twice now because the police say my silly plate brings up a jeep compass and not a mercury grand marquis. Tried calling the DMV got talking with Wayne and when he was gonna tell me what to do the call dropped. I tried calling back and after 15 minutes on hold the call just went bye bye again. :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :mad:

edit: typo i play too much cod

Sounds like Officer Brain Genius is misreading/mistyping your plates. Maybe call up the local cop shop and suggest they all get eye exams.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Safety Dance posted:

I had a poorly translated instruction manual tell me to use a 1/5" drill bit once. That's an imperial size I never knew existed.

If I saw anything call for 1/5" I'd assume I slipped into an alternate dimension or was dreaming.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ether Frenzy posted:

What happened is Reaganism and Thatcherism ended social programs for mental illness and drug addiction. Those carefully curated videos of a 2 block radius of drug users in inner city areas you'd have to literally go out of your way to find and travel to in order to make stupid videos are the result of the childish thinking those philosophies are built on, which results in the "social decay" that is actually the end stage of drug addiction.

Providing help for these people years before they reach this stage would be easier, cheaper, and better for everyone in society - but then the desired level of state-sanctioned cruelty would not be achieved and conservative politicians would have no platform to run on.

gently caress Dubai, I'm a straight white guy and I'll never go. The idea that a totalitarian state "functions" better as a city than a city in the democratic West is laughable.

This is a good-rear end post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ether Frenzy posted:

I am happy you're happy with the insurance company's telling of the story but in 100.01% of cases where someone operates their vehicle into a parked vehicle they don't even bother asking "I understand you were 46 when 9/11 happened. Much has changed since then. Did the stationary object... surprise you?"

It was a funny angle.