Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Post your completed deals and baseless speculation here for the January Transfer Window aka The Real Christmas aka time to panic buy

Some notable possible transfers that I didn't nick off the sky sports website:

-Ivan Toney is back off his gambling ban this month and apparently Arsenal and Chelsea want him for £100m. Which is a lot

- Kalvin Phillips is trapped at the Etihad and needs games to keep his England place for the Euros (he doesn't, Southgate will pick him forever)

- Aaron Ramsdale has been replaced by a worse keeper and so is digging a tunnel out of arsenal

Remember: do not bold until that player is sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think Klopp could take a gamble on a cheeky Kalvin

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

who are the winger needy prem clubs? i wonder if one of them will try to get samuel chukwueze away from milan

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Every player in the Saudi league coming to Newcastle on a free transfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_xqb416S7o

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
van de Beek to Eintracht Frankfurt is a done deal

https://twitter.com/Eintracht/status/1741784029559484536

Hugo Lloris to LAFC is a done deal

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1741172441034977592

spurs also look to be snapping up that dragusin lad from genoa in what might be their earliest january signing ever

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
liverpool could use a utility player to play across the defense and in defensive midfield. maybe this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qp9yvBeqFc

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
If West Ham manage to actually get Hugo Ekitike this time, we’ll finally have some decent attacking depth

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Chelsea looking at Lautaro Martinez as a slightly cheaper Oshimen option that is available to play in January. Inter in a lot of financial problems so might be forced to sell.

Edit: Maatson looks like he might be on the way to Dortmund as well.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 1, 2024

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I wouldn’t mind seeing what Antonee “Jedi” Robinson could do at Liverpool

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Tajon Buchanan from Bruges to Inter seems done. He was way too good for MLS when he played for the local side but I don’t know how well he did in Belgium.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Posted about it in the SPFL thread but the £35m wonder kid Fabio Silva whose transfer was definitely not a dodgy bribe to Jorge Mendes has come up to Rangers on loan for the rest of the season.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Very much hoping the arse do some business this window. Relying on nketiah and Nelson to come on and score vital goals is not a winning tactic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

If West Ham manage to actually get Hugo Ekitike this time, we’ll finally have some decent attacking depth

doesn't he have massive attitude problems?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Liverpool have recalled left back Owen Beck from Dundee, probably because of their current injuries there. Always impressed me when I saw him against Celtic, hope to see him have a good future even though that will almost certainly be away from Liverpool.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Few signings I think that could happen.

Prem related
-Sancho joins Dortmund or another Bundesliga team on half year loan.
-Chalobah leaves Chelsea to maybe Roma or Real Madrid
-Varane or Casemiro to Saudi Arabia.
-Ivan Toney signs for Arsenal for really high fee in January or reduced fee but Brentford gets to keep him till Summer to avoid any relegation issue.
-Arsenal will sell one of Reiss Nelson, Emile Rowe Smith or Nkeith if they sign Toney, perhaps even swap one of them to Brentford for cash + swap.
-Liverpool sign another cheap but reliable player from Bundesliga like Endo/Gravenberch
-Chelsea want Osimhen but won't pay the January premium since he is at AFCON anyway.
-If Chelsea have a horrible January they might get desparate and sign Toney, Guirhessy or Solanke on deadline day.
-Man City don't sign anyone, perhaps loan out or sell Kalvin Philips(most likely to Newcastle).
-United do one big signing with the start of new ownership. Would have said something like Kimmich but Bayern have a million injuries so unless they get Palinha they won't sell. Maybe one of the Arsenal players(Emile Smith, Reiss Nelson or Nketiah).
-A premier league team signs Guirhassy.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1742166655470358982

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Nat Phillips has returned to Liverpool from Celtic after a horrendous loan spell here. He was worse than Shane Duffy and that's saying a lot.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
just in time for our match in 2 weeks. i like the idea of ange asking him what secrets he can share and reguilon just being like "idk dude just walk through the midfield lmao"

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1742176016204792023

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Genuinely forgot he was there

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Genuinely forgot he was there

He started like 7 games in a row so you must not have been paying attention.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I was not

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wish I could say the same :sigh:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He was injured for most of it and useless for the rest.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
lol

https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1742224223861424425?s=20

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Probably best for everyone involved. Though I think that particular journalist has a penchant for making up random poo poo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Right footed Antony going back to bang 'em in in a farmer's league

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Having flashbacks of the Zaha to United and then back to palace on loan saga. That club has to stop ruining young players

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Having flashbacks of the Zaha to United and then back to palace on loan saga. That club has to stop ruining players

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Young English player to Dortmund...the new Bellingham right there imo, except in an even higher concentration since it's the second time around

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
young players need to learn to stop going to man utd and chelsea

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

EC10 posted:

young players need to learn to stop going to man utd and chelsea

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Ulio posted:

Few signings I think that could happen.

-If Chelsea have a horrible January they might get desparate and sign Toney, Guirhessy or Solanke on deadline day.
only one of those is a former chelsea player, so that's definitely who they'll spunk 80m on in 4 weeks time

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Thanks Ants posted:

Young English player to Dortmund...the new Bellingham right there imo, except in an even higher concentration since it's the second time around
It’s hip to be Bellingham squared.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Saw that Pooshited are possibly in for Timo Werner, which will definitely help their goal scoring problem

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jeremy Sarmiento has gone to Ipswich on loan, sides above Leeds in the table shouldn't be allowed to sign more players from higher divisions and I'm writing to the EFL right now

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

sticksy posted:

Saw that Pooshited are possibly in for Timo Werner, which will definitely help their goal scoring problem

tbf Timo would not be the first player who was bad at Chelsea but excellent elsewhere

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

sticksy posted:

I'd rather they chase Sesko and Vlahovic for the ultimate "we've got Haaland at home" front three

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
man this guy really did not live up to anything at villareal

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1742607036892762528?s=20

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm hearing artetta deliberately threw the last two games so the club would have to go big in january. With Mbappe potentially walking for free in summer PSG are considering a straight swap for nketiah
- Source: Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm hearing artetta deliberately threw the last two games so the club would have to go big in january. With Mbappe potentially walking for free in summer PSG are considering a straight swap for nketiah
- Source: Me

I'm hearing you have a pube head