Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lolling at the idea of timo werner sleeping outside the training ground in little tent to be early for his medical like someone queuing for wrestlemania tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
all over Dutch media today: ajax are very serious about signing jordan henderson lol

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Please let us sign a defender, I can't take much more of 4 full backs time

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

nawilo_420 posted:

all over Dutch media today: ajax are very serious about signing jordan henderson lol

Was stuff in the paper today linking him with bayern and leverkusen. Bundesliga clubs falling over themselves to pay 700k a week for a guy who isn't even one of harry kanes mates

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
It's gonna take more than ajax to remove that stain.
That's the best I can do, I'm sorry.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jose posted:

i had a mate do a 6 month contract there years ago where he was on a mere £60k a month, so still made ton's more than the locals and he said he was bored out of his mind by the end because you're banned from so much poo poo

Ya you are spot on, we have clients in Saudi Arabia. Been there and stayed in the best places but there is not much to do. Food is great, people very friendly but activity wise you are kinda limited. They are doing many reforms and law changes to accomodate more foreigners. But from what I remember the foreigners are mainly wealthy foreigners coming for tax exemptions but even then most of them go to UAE which has way better quality of life and more things to do.

I would think for younger guys it's probably really boring but someone like Hendo who has a family you probably sitting at home and he probably has all facilities in his hotel or if he is in a villa.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1744799309399306509

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
knew there was a reason everything's felt weird

https://twitter.com/cdeccleshare/status/1744797364383060464?s=61

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Global warming has woken the transfer admin team up earlier in the window than usual

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Some Romano level shopping there

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
We’re apparently using Clement’s baldy Belge head as a beacon to summon Benelux failsons

https://x.com/record_sport/status/1744853538776248458?s=46&t=Xg-IlfjUkfBMt41Exed3NQ

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1745000053477924937?s=46&t=VuZEojNN9vuhhrE5z0Hafg

Dragusin to Spurs, with Spence going on loan to Genoa, is done deal.

Also Bayern still want Eric Dier lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I genuinely never thought I would see this.

https://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1744993869022794164

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

€4m to get your star striker a friend, why not?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm sure he'll be fine in a farmer's league

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It would be funny if they left Spurs only for Leverkusen to win the league this year

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Dragusin to Spurs, with Spence going on loan to Genoa, is done deal.

Mods

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

'deal agreed' is a long way from 'deal complete', agreed

Until spurs have confirmed it with a 20 minute reveal video on their X formerly twitter account anything could happen

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Dragusin to spurs, nu ma nu ma nu ma yay

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Bolding based on a Fabrizio Romano tweet is a shameful bold

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

probably got tricked by the lovely shop too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Coutinho is the latest Messi mate to be rumored to be going to Miami.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Shrapnig posted:

Coutinho is the latest Messi mate to be rumored to be going to Miami.

isnt there a salary cap in the mls?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

tristeham posted:

there is

and miami was previosuly busted for violating it once before

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Malick Fofana from AA Gent to Olympique Lyon is a done deal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C17WY2MsPvp/?igsh=NHJicGt1ZnVuaXE4

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1745049665261731951

Pretty sure that's a photoshop since that's the current Bortmund kit

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

tristeham posted:

yes but there's a bunch exceptions including each team being able to sign 3 designated players which they can be paid infinite money with a small hit against the cap. Plus a bunch of other dumb byzantine bullshit. The salary cap last year was 5.2 millon, every single team had a payroll above 10mil. The league is also extremely happy to bend or change rules as needed for LA/Miami/NY to sign names they think fans give a poo poo about

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Ceterum autem censeo MLS esse delendam

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i apologise for excitedly jumping the shark as i'd seen that he'd picked spurs over bayern and was on a plane about it. on reflection however i am sure there is still time for chelsea to hijack it on his way to the medical

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

G-Hawk posted:

yes but there's a bunch exceptions including each team being able to sign 3 designated players which they can be paid infinite money with a small hit against the cap. Plus a bunch of other dumb byzantine bullshit. The salary cap last year was 5.2 millon, every single team had a payroll above 10mil. The league is also extremely happy to bend or change rules as needed for LA/Miami/NY to sign names they think fans give a poo poo about

It's very fun to see Messi getting paid like 40mil a year and Kamal Miller getting like 375K for the year

the wage disparity is huge in the MLS and it's so loving funny to me. Peak america.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1745049665261731951

Pretty sure that's a photoshop since that's the current Bortmund kit

general suggestion out of the club is that it's very much a 'shop window' loan, hence the lack of buy option

if he's actually good there they'll try to move him for more than bortmund want to pay, if he whines and mopes about because they've scheduled training first thing in the afternoon then hell there's always turkey

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Slotducks posted:

It's very fun to see Messi getting paid like 40mil a year and Kamal Miller getting like 375K for the year

the wage disparity is huge in the MLS and it's so loving funny to me. Peak america.

insigne made 15mil last year. Bernardeschi 6mil. The rest of the team 10mil combined. They were the 2nd highest spender in MLS (To Miami). Also, the worst team in MLS.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

G-Hawk posted:

insigne made 15mil last year. Bernardeschi 6mil. The rest of the team 10mil combined. They were the 2nd highest spender in MLS (To Miami). Also, the worst team in MLS.

when you put all your eggs in an italian basket, you get una grande frittata di merda.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

una grande frittata di merda.

Lol

For real though Bernardeschi’s job is to look at himself in the mirror and Insigne has already mentally gained 50 kilos and bought several gigantic gold chains. Between them they probably make up a solid 30% of the cigarette sales in Canada.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MLS is a pyramid scheme, let us not forget that

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Shrapnig posted:

MLS football is a pyramid scheme, let us not forget that

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
can we discuss real leagues please. What's going on in Saudi

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
lol

https://twitter.com/blackyellow/status/1745421725632733586?s=46&t=3MN91oJhL7tCeLgkvFUZ_g

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jesus Christ

What an embarrassing press release for a club to make.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'm cringing so hard my body has turned itself inside out with an explosion like a nuclear bomb