Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Can a Newcastle fan explain if they have an up and coming Almiron replacement in the squad that would make it worth selling him for a relatively small sum?

Antony is for sale if they need a mostly ineffective left footed winger who plays on the right and runs around a bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Harvey Barnes might be about to return from injury I don't know but I bet you forgot we signed him

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

vyelkin posted:

Benzema also wants to flee Saudi Arabia and apparently his likely destination is his boyhood club Lyon where maybe he can save them from relegation

I hope this isn't true because last week Lyon bought 2 players from KAA Gent (Malick Fofana and Gift Orban), leaving our first team with like 16 players (some players are off to the Africa or Asia cup).
It would be extra annoying if they left just to not play somewhere else.
Anyway, I'd welcome Benzema at KAA Gent.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/womenstransfer/status/1749762363266367944

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
West Ham getting Kalvin Phillips 18 months after they actually wanted him

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1749802109397320090?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
@turkish airlines will be delighted, I guess

e: will be interesting to see if he's still sharp after limited playing time. Think it's a good move for him ahead of the euros but don't know whether 'run at anyone in possession at full speed, win the ball, pass it sideways, repeat for 90 mins' style will work outside of a team set up to accommodate that as bielsa's Leeds were

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 23, 2024

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Seems like a good move for west ham if he can show anything like his previous form, especially with them knocking on the door of the European places

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Anything is better than his current form of amorphous blob

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Seems like a good move for west ham if he can show anything like his previous form, especially with them knocking on the door of the European places

Alvarez seems prone to minor knocks and suspensions. So someone who can replace Soucek in the starting 11 and then drop deep when Alvarez is unavailable seems like a sensible signing

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

lol that Fabrizio Romano has found a way to monetize his dumb tweets

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Man City have signed an Argentine teenager who won't actually join the club for another year:

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1750488725186924747

also, here's Pep talking about Kalvin Phillips:

quote:

“Hopefully he can play the minutes he deserves and I couldn’t give to him. I wish him [well]. I’ve said many times, he’s an exceptional human being and a football player, otherwise he wouldn’t be in the national team. Hopefully he can prove what he really is. Of course, if I give him 10-15 games in a row he would be good, but I didn’t give them to him and I feel so responsible for that.

“But, at the same time, I am honest with myself. I have players at my disposal, a squad, and I have to decide what we are looking for. All I can say is I am so grateful for his behaviour on and off the pitch and hopefully he can find minutes, and next season we will see what happens.”

lol at being like "oh yeah if I played him he would be good but I just don't"

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Watch rodri get injured now

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

lol at being like "oh yeah if I played him he would be good but I just don't"
Seems kinda classy tbh. We’ve seen coaches treat unwanted players with far less dignity. Pep has no need to placate his sixth-choice midfielder. It’s nice that he can talk nicely.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

there is no word in the Catalan language for "he's a good lad who means well"

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham...pZmboGRxYhrPVko

the Kalvin Phillips loan to west ham is bold. meanwhile, Pep is bald.

Seems like a good and fairly logical signing for us, so he will probably barely play and/or be poo poo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Good luck Kalvin, a good lad what means well.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Coco the Monkey to Rangers confirmed

https://x.com/rangersfc/status/1751870292484649206?s=46&t=Xg-IlfjUkfBMt41Exed3NQ

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

can't wait to see Coco the Monkey do that weird tribute/pledge to the queen er, king

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Loving Cup full of Coco Pops getting passed around in front of a portrait of the King

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I thought he was a T-bone kinda guy.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
oh this sucks a lot, poor guy

https://twitter.com/jacobsben/status/1752076917363150948?s=46

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

nusa? no sir

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

very boring transfer window

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
There has been a distinct lack of juice. FFP killjoys destroying our most sacred traditions

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
still holding out for some deadline day shenanigans

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

a dead transfer window. football is dead

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Very smart, now when all the fans make monkey noises they can claim it's a tribute to the mascot.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I was hyped for this lad, didn't realise he was so crocked.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

Very smart, now when all the fans make monkey noises they can claim it's a tribute to the mascot.

Spanish clubs scrambling to get the same deal as we speak

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Wild that Spurs, of all teams, have been doing all the selling and buying this window

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

the sex ghost posted:

There has been a distinct lack of juice. FFP killjoys destroying our most sacred traditions

Feel like pure poo poo just want incredibly shady deals like west ham buying tevez and mascherano back.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Nobody's even circling in a helicopter, it's PC gone mad

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Feel like pure poo poo just want incredibly shady deals like west ham buying tevez and mascherano back.

Would give my left arm for a ludicrously complicated deal involving third party payments to a player's dad who is also his agent

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Wild that Spurs, of all teams, have been doing all the selling and buying this window

FFP is working finally.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Their coffers are swelled from all the Bayern Bucks, the Kane Krone

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1752339763527307584?t=amqU0TFXVdhHDiDpntzecw&s=19

Should be a pretty good profit for us for a player who was only here 6 months. Top goalscorer in the League Cup.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

A 7 page transfer window thread.

Game's gone.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Charly Alvarez couldn't get into the Southampton starting 11 so has decided to join Juventus on loan instead.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Dudley posted:

A 7 page transfer window thread.

Game's gone.

game would be a lot better if players kept not getting transfered like in this window tbf

ban all transfers if you grow up playing in maidenhead's academy you gotta play there for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
apparently spurs are trying to gazump barca on Lucas Bergvall who i am told is Hot poo poo, Like For Real, and he's just left barcelona without saying yes so that might be really funny to follow tomorrow