Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gio Reyna to the Tricky Trees on loan is apparently done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

We could talk about transfer news in Proper Football leagues, like the return of club record goalscorer Christian Doidge to Forest Green Rovers after five years in Scotland.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Shrapnig posted:

Gio Reyna to the Tricky Trees on loan is apparently done.

This is a real coin toss -- he's very talented but can often go missing in games. There have been some interpersonal issues with the national team that suggest some attitude issues as well. Hopefully a relegation fight in the premier league will get the best out of him (prediction: it won't)
source: have watched him play against Trinidad & Tobago a dozen times.

[edit] tobego tobago

J Hume fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 1, 2024

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
isnt gio reyna the one that gets his mum to come in and yell at people when he doesnt get his way?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

isnt gio reyna the one that gets his mum to come in and yell at people when he doesnt get his way?

Manchester City Legend Claudio Reyna isn't innocent either

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

J Hume posted:

This is a real coin toss -- he's very talented but can often go missing in games. There have been some interpersonal issues with the national team that suggest some attitude issues as well. Hopefully a relegation fight in the premier league will get the best out of him (prediction: it won't)
source: have watched him play against Trinidad & Tobago a dozen times.

[edit] tobego tobago

i have to imagine the attitude probs are kinda significant too, he plays so much less than someone of his technical quality probably "should" and ik part of that was injuries but still

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Eau de MacGowan posted:

there are several players like that

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Boring window. One interesting transfer is Ivorian (homeless) international star Richard Kone, who has transfered from non league Athetic Newham FC to Wycombe Wanderers, after scoring over 80 goals in the last two seasons.

It's pretty cool that he's come from living on the streets to being an EFL pro, but what makes his story more interesting is that he previously talked about being gay (which is why his parents originally kicked him out), but he is now settled with his girlfriend and child, and nobody - quite rightfully - is prepared to talk about it.

He's already scored a winning goal for us, against the mighty West Ham u21s.

More here

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

tristeham posted:

there are several players like that

Weston mckennie's dad whining on twitter on an hourly basis because leeds fans were calling his son poo poo

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Did he consider stopping being poo poo?

EDIT : I love the idea that the guy who scored 0 (zero) goals for Leeds has a "Signature goal celebration".

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Wolves sign Noha Lemina from PSG.

If that name sounds familiar, it's probably because he's the younger brother of current Wolves player Mario Lemina.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1752787367620944079?t=dzgRkgHq9WJFU7tcuhFwUg&s=19

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

the sex ghost posted:

Weston mckennie's dad whining on twitter on an hourly basis because leeds fans were calling his son poo poo

tbf this year he was tweeting lineup recommendations to Allegri in September and was proven right after they were implemented

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1753050604493066699?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

These photoshops are getting worse

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1753068542621257795?s=46&t=Xg-IlfjUkfBMt41Exed3NQ

Goths invading Rome mk II

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Toneys staying at Brentford until summer forever

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Jethro posted:

Wolves sign Noha Lemina from PSG.

If that name sounds familiar, it's probably because he's the younger brother of current Wolves player Mario Lemina.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1752787367620944079?t=dzgRkgHq9WJFU7tcuhFwUg&s=19

Peanuts to pay to keep Mario around. Wolves learning from the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Not sure Matz "Sex" Sels is an upgrade on either Turner or the Greek, maybe they should try signing an actual good keeper instead??

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shrapnig posted:

Manchester City Legend Claudio Reyna isn't innocent either

Gregggggg Berhalter sucks, Claudio did nothing wrong

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1753110903007179108?t=sTp_zX-BA7qkX9gINE1BJw

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Some teams I don't care about have bought some players I haven't heard of

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Cannot believe the woke mob have ruined our transfer deadline day

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Goth sack of Rome part 2 is cancelled apparently, Kent decided he'd rather be getting paid to do nothing than play for Lazio lol.

Imagine someone had said to you after the 2020/21 season that within three years Kent would be playing for the Fenerbahçe reserves and Morelos would be playing in the second tier of Brazilian football having left for a combined transfer fee of £0.

Meanwhile Celtic have seen our obvious need to sign a goalkeeper, left back and striker at a minimum and have signed: A Norwich bench player on loan with no option to buy. If we lose the league this year it's entirely deserved really.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Her Dryer posted:

Goth sack of Rome part 2 is cancelled apparently, Kent decided he'd rather be getting paid to do nothing than play for Lazio lol.

Imagine someone had said to you after the 2020/21 season that within three years Kent would be playing for the Fenerbahçe reserves and Morelos would be playing in the second tier of Brazilian football having left for a combined transfer fee of £0.

Always have Dortmund away…:unsmith:

Think it’s also the kicker for a bit more professionalism in selling and the reason Wilson’s now at Forest.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

are forest a money laundering operation, how many fuckin players have they signed last few years

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Josh Wilson-Esbrand from City to Cardiff on loan is a Done Deal.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/status/1753146897362035054

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It’s been a weird window. Up is down, left is right, Chelsea haven’t thrown £100 million at a Brighton player and Spurs got some sensible business done early on.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

mila kunis posted:

are forest a money laundering operation

does the pope poo poo in the woods

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
lollllllllll

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1753172380011081965?s=46&t=4s4u2k7CEFvFhqJp2vDjdQ

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
no surprise, would rather receive inspiring speeches from dad at the lane Tottenham Hotspur Stadium than listening to some catalan fraud while the club accountant calls you up every night begging for you to defer your wages until they can afford the latest inventory of authentic Barca ballshavings to sell for $200 to gullible plastics

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JLingz from the bin to FC Seoul

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Insurrectionist posted:

no surprise, would rather receive inspiring speeches from dad at the lane Tottenham Hotspur Stadium than listening to some catalan fraud while the club accountant calls you up every night begging for you to defer your wages until they can afford the latest inventory of authentic Barca ballshavings to sell for $200 to gullible plastics

The $200 price is the pre-order discounted price for registered members of recognized FCB Supporters' Club chapters. For everyone else, they will be $279 and subject to limited availability. Just wanted to clear things up!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

wow looks like that Insane Supernatural Pull the Spanish Giants supposedly have was actually based on getting paid a poo poo load of money and the moment they can't do that the players go elswhere

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

The classic move: Djurgardening leave

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
west ham lol

quote:

A statement released by the French club said: "Olympique Lyonnais were delighted to welcome Said Benrahma to Lyon this Thursday to finalize his transfer from West Ham. The two clubs had signed a temporary transfer agreement, and Olympique Lyonnais had obtained approval from the DNCG to allow the transfer to take place smoothly and transparently.

"However, at the start of the evening, while Olympique Lyonnais had entered all the administrative data on the dedicated FIFA platform (FIFA TMS), West Ham had never launched the slightest technical procedure on its part, despite the repeated reminders from the OL and continuous mutual telephone communication.

"In the absence of this reciprocal action on the part of the English club and following this incomprehensible behaviour, raising questions, the international transfer certificate could not be requested before closing time.

"Olympique Lyonnais deeply regrets this situation and this decision, demonstrating a profound lack of respect on the part of West Ham towards the institution and the player.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Edit - nothing to see here

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 2, 2024

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

How does a free transfer fall through?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

How does a free transfer fall through?

I mis-read something lol

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Benrahma has now joined Lyon, their official site does still have both stories

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Wazzerphuk posted:

Benrahma has now joined Lyon, their official site does still have both stories

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
Voting for this thread to be merged with the schadenfreude thread.