Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a name for the subgenre of drama that's like, "person (usually a guy) is very passionate about a thing, is very good at it, and can't help but hurt themselves and their loved ones in pursuing it"

Terminator franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gale Anne Hurd recently debunked the OJ terminator casting as well, but confirmed Lance Henriksen was in the running to play the robot man.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a name for the subgenre of drama that's like, "person (usually a guy) is very passionate about a thing, is very good at it, and can't help but hurt themselves and their loved ones in pursuing it"

Dadrama

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ruddiger posted:

Gale Anne Hurd recently debunked the OJ terminator casting as well, but confirmed Lance Henriksen was in the running to play the robot man.

It is inherently logical that the murder robot should look closer to an average dude, but Cameron knows he's making a fictional movie and thought "let's go with the huge dude that exudes charisma." The version were Arnold plays Kyle Reese I don't think we get a sequel.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Jay Rust posted:

Mann Movies

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

"bad"

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
what does supermechagodzilla think about Down and Dirty Duck

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sorry everyone

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

starbarry clock posted:

that movie is way too advanced for that guy tbh

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

starbarry clock posted:

Checkinb this out

e: oh boy

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Roth posted:

Sorry everyone

What for

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bringing Starbarry Clock here

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
im just excited to see supermechagodzillas interpretation of one of my favorite films of all time

its on archive if anybody itt wants to watch it and let me know what they think

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I don’t think I’ve ever seen SMG express that much feeling, positive or negative, about any movie

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Jay Rust posted:

Whenever I watch Paul Schrader-esque stuff my girlfriend says I'm watching "angry little man movies". I guess she originally started cause it contrasts to the "big beefcake movies" I also watch.

That's adjacent to what you're looking for but not quite there, plus its not really an official name but I like stories of obsession so hopefully you figure out what you're looking for.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thank you. I hope you find what you’re searching for too.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Schrader movies are man with a journal movies. Ferrari likes are a bit different.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Roth posted:

Bringing Starbarry Clock here

We love our characters here in cd, don't we folks

That reminds me, free dickeye

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dickeye sleeps in Avalon and will awake when CineD needs them.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Good

Oats and molasses get outta here with your treats

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I do not respect the troops but a homemade Anzac bikkie is perfect. My dad's girlfriend made my dead nan's recipe and it made me feel better after she bit the dust. Odd staples

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgspkxfkS4k

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I remember when I was in school we were supposed to honour Anzac Day by remembering that those soldiers died for nothing and we should think about that whenever some rear end in a top hat starts beating the war drums again.

Fast forward to now and I see idiots like conservative commentators saying poo poo like "The Anzacs died to protect our freedoms!" without irony and I want to ask them what they think World War 1 was about and how Australian troops getting stomped in Turkey saved our freedoms, but I know there isn't actual thought there.

I blame John Howard for this, but then again, you can blame him for a lot of things.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

My family has a healthy chuckle about that show. All public servant nerds

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

That’s hilarious

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, biopics

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1783482969778225200

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I caught Female Prisoner Scorpion last night and was blown away by the camera choices and movement throughout. I had no idea how exploitative it was going to be and was really surprised at how much talent went into making a movie about that kind of subject matter. Wow.

It probably helped I watched it one day after Poor Things, which I really disliked because of that movies choice of lenses. Ugh.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Man's also got a consecutive sentence to serve in CA, I'm not too worried

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yeah from what I understand there’s a whole conga line of jurisdictions lining up to put Harvey’s rear end in jail, he’s probably not walking free any time soon

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Checkinb this out

e: oh boy

Well, final verdict?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
DOWN AND DIRTY DUCK is a double take kinda movie, I just can't believe FRITZ THE CAT was that big a hit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bakshi saved American animation with that film

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Bakshi saved American animation with that film

actually that was Wizards

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

was it worth saving?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
American animation is so funny, I went to see SPY x FAMILY Code: White last week, and the trailers did not know the market for a Shonen Jump movie. It was all CGI kids movie trailers (and more appropriately Borderlands I guess) for a movie where a dude gets his throat slit open and blood sprays all over a wall in the intro sequence.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Dude's still the front of an Armenian Conveyor Belt in jail, it's fine.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-Ray Pecs posted:

American animation is so funny, I went to see SPY x FAMILY Code: White last week, and the trailers did not know the market for a Shonen Jump movie. It was all CGI kids movie trailers (and more appropriately Borderlands I guess) for a movie where a dude gets his throat slit open and blood sprays all over a wall in the intro sequence.

Animation is Cinema guys only know Shonen anime and Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/Spider-Verse anyway it's fine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Strapping them to a chair like Clockwork Orange and making them watch Inu-Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the good animated movies are Watership Down and Mad God