Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It's about pride, it's about power,
we stay tardy, delay the hours
Be late to work, the budgets sour
and take what's ours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

I knew South Africa had it's share of social problems but I didn't know mutants were one of them.

Then again, I’m from SA.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

First they complain when he's a full working day's amount of time late and then they get upset when he tries to make up for the lost time by peeing in bottles on the set! Some people are impossible to please!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New Bad Boys looks real bad
I'm starting to think Fall Guy looks good

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 30, 2024

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They really blew their load early calling the third one Bad Boys for Life and not the fourth one.

Because for sounds like 4 you see

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
B4d Boys For Life II : Armando's Revenge. The detectives take down a thinly-fictionalised version of P Diddy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FreudianSlippers posted:

They really blew their load early calling the third one Bad Boys for Life and not the fourth one.

Because for sounds like 4 you see

Bad Boys For Answer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bad Boys 4 Golden

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bad boys 4: good boys??

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FreudianSlippers posted:

I knew South Africa had it's share of social problems but I didn't know mutants were one of them.

One of them owns Twitter now.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
These corporate biopics are getting ridiculous - The Rock is starring in one for a popular digital movie camera now?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That would be even less dumb than the actual movie synopsis

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’m not particularly invested in The Rock, but I’d take this with a grain of rock salt. Remember when they tried to cancel Henry Cavil from his time on the Witcher set and it amounted to him taking the character extremely seriously and talking about video games?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Man, first Henry Cavill, now The Rock. Who else will this “they” target next?!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
"They" are the tabloids and TMZ style celebosphere. Not really hard to figure that out, it's been around for decades.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The source of this is from Umberto Gonzales, who made his career being a mouthpiece for higher up WB suits and pushing whatever agenda they're having this week. I wouldn't take it too seriously

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Hey speaking of WB

Was Quiet On Set a hit piece against Paramount for rejecting their merger bid

I’m wondering if the timeline matches up because it would be weird for WB to be producing this series while in talks to merge

(Not doubting any of the claims)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
is your redtext true btw

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Some goons joked in good fun about me being a landlord because I was renting out a room

Some tourist from another subforum came along and thought I was a landlord landlord and started jumping all over it

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
WB vs. The Rock is like that time when Scarlett Johansson sued Disney over some poo poo where you can barely care but at least both sides deserve each other and it's not his huge undignified mudslinging contest a la Depp/Heard.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

When it comes to disputes with giant corporations vs people, I always root for the people, especially if that corporation is Warner Bros or Disney

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I do not like the rock or want to see him in movies.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I do not want to see The Dwayne in movies but I would like to see his continuing post-Black Adam midlife crisis

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

The Rock seems like such a loser.

He is. Has been for quite some time. His fans could only deny so much of it, everyone else could only take so much of it, the veil fully came off for me with the Fast franchise stories about his personality

When you're too insane for DC, you and your fans gotta look inward. None of them did. Frankly I don't think any of them are capable of it anymore. They're in their own little bubble world now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I will say, I think he was the weakest link in the main cast of Pain and Gain, but he was still alright in it. If the man had played to his strengths and kept making bodybuilding comedies he would be alright in my book. It is funny seeing Bautista and Cena go on to have increasingly interesting careers while The Rock fumbles every opportunity given to him.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The Rock sucks nowadays but I am cautiously optimistic about his movie with Benny Safdie.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Chris James 2 posted:

He is. Has been for quite some time. His fans could only deny so much of it, everyone else could only take so much of it, the veil fully came off for me with the Fast franchise stories about his personality

When you're too insane for DC, you and your fans gotta look inward. None of them did. Frankly I don't think any of them are capable of it anymore. They're in their own little bubble world now

Yeah, The Rock is someone that started huffing his own farts and letting his popularity get to his head and believed that he was solely responsible for his popularity.

I've seen people compare him to Arnold and citing that the difference is that Arnold surrounded himself by talented people and somewhat humbly leaned on them to do the good work to make him a star.

The Rock, instead, sees himself as the creative genius and everyone better listen to him and he just surrounds himself with a bunch of yes-men.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

you're saying the rock smelled too much of what the rock was cooking?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, Arnold worked with some of the greatest people of all time. His most famous movies are directed by James Cameron, he did a comedy where he's starring opposite Danny Devito, and he had an incredible ability to not take himself seriously. The Rock has stipulations in his movie contracts about how often he gets punched on camera.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/themichaelcaine/status/1785440753985953797?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pain n gain was the rocks last interesting role

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Baron von Eevl posted:

This forum has come a long way from the days of "i liked it, the rock rules"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well, Southland Tales was 18 years ago now

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

McCloud posted:

The source of this is from Umberto Gonzales, who made his career being a mouthpiece for higher up WB suits and pushing whatever agenda they're having this week. I wouldn't take it too seriously

It does seem to cover a LOT of his projects from a variety of sources so I dunno. Doesn't sound like a one off. But maybe I must biased towards totally being able to see him act like that.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

On one hand, he's an insufferable dork and I hope the bubble of pretending he's an actor worth casting bursts.

On the other hand, blowing a bunch of Netflix's money on nothing is always funny.

It's Amazon not Netflix but still the rule applies

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Escobarbarian posted:

Well, Southland Tales was 18 years ago now

I am not a Southland Tales liker, but I do think is his best role - because it's so different from anything he does now and he's a loving weirdo in it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If you want a wrestler turned actor that's actually good, Bautista is right there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sure but the rock has no excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Like he legit could do it. Southland tales, pain and gain, rundown, hell even jumanji shows he can do interesting things