Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I liked The Rundown a lot but it's pretty much the exact opposite of "interesting things."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785466288652853540

alas

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That’s a heckuva watchlist.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress AI forever

Pay artists. And if you’re gonna do Hellboy again, just pay GdT too at this point, he seems to be the only one that actually gets it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think I like the rock more than I like vin diesel

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I think I like the rock more than I like vin diesel

Pitch Black is better than anything The Rocks ever made

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pitch black is like 20% vin at most

Journey 2 the fantastic island is 50% the rock

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Vargo posted:

This forum has come a long way from the days of "i liked it, the rock rules"

wait, I always thought that was a reference to Michael Bay's 1996 film The Rock

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

DeimosRising posted:

definitely check out the sequels, especially the second one

Man, I don't even know how to interpret the stage play aspects of the second female prisoner movie, what fun. A bunch of very surprising scenes for sure

I absolutely loved the fantastical lighting of even the normal scenes, to go along with all the surreal stuff. Theres just so many great scenes, I found a bunch of excellent gifs right here
https://meikokaji.net/film/scorpion-jailhouse41/gallery-gifs.html

I don't want to embed, but
https://meikokaji.net/images/film/scorpion-jailhouse41/gifs/jailhouse41-gif2.gif

Possibly the greatest wipe in history?

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 1, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress AI forever

Pay artists. And if you’re gonna do Hellboy again, just pay GdT too at this point, he seems to be the only one that actually gets it

I was thinking it wasn't so bad since he was sending these dumb designs to actual artists to make real. I wondered who this was from the quote, picking random AI bullshit designs and sending them off to artists to make. It's the loving president of the production company. gently caress this guy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He also said they had actually made and filmed a practical creature and it "didn't look right."

I bet what didn't look right was the bottom line when he realized that practical fx artists are unionized.

E: Also Mignola did not know and is not happy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Actually the team on The Simpsons did something similar a little while ago for background character designs, here's how it turned out:

Pretty seamless, huh?

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Baron von Eevl posted:

Actually the team on The Simpsons did something similar a little while ago for background character designs, here's how it turned out:

Pretty seamless, huh?

Nailed it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

McCloud posted:

If you want a wrestler turned actor that's actually good, Bautista is right there.

An actual good actor

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Pretty seamless, huh?

What's the series of 70's or 80's drawing books that had a you make these kind of characters? Each book was a different color

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

Pitch black is like 20% vin at most

Man that is just not accurate. Vin made Pitch Black, and vice versa

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Sorta feel like Fast and Furious made Vin Diesel.

His stage name is Vin Diesel after all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How quickly you all forget The Iron Giant

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

How quickly you all forget The Iron Giant

What movie is he in that has 10 sequels again?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The MCU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Boiler Room was pretty cool

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Pitch Black has a perfectly calibrated amount of Vin Diesel. Any more would be excessive.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Schwarzwald posted:

Pitch Black has a perfectly calibrated amount of Vin Diesel. Any more would be excessive.

Not quite agreeing. You put that amount of Vin Diesel into any other movie than Pitch Black, you get Bloodshoot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1785528931543826592

Apparently the article claiming Hellboy is using AI might itself have been AI written and wrong

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
We're like 10% of the way through the process of AI completely ruining the Internet and society more broadly. By the time it gets to 100% you won't be able to trust anything written, any image, any video, any audio recording... not sure I'm convinced the original article was written by AI though. Seems to just be speculation on that guy's part.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TychoCelchuuu posted:

We're like 10% of the way through the process of AI completely ruining the Internet and society more broadly. By the time it gets to 100% you won't be able to trust anything written, any image, any video, any audio recording... not sure I'm convinced the original article was written by AI though. Seems to just be speculation on that guy's part.

Complete epistemological breakdown. It’s so cool. We will be back to knowing nothing beyond what we’ve experienced with our own senses, but we will have no context for any of those experiences because the concept of anything larger than the individual no longer exists. With nothing to reflect ourselves back but the infinite amorphous churn of algorithmically generated nonsense, even the self will cease to be!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Gripweed posted:

In the ever-evolving landscape of human knowledge, there arises a fascinating prospect: the complete breakdown of our epistemological framework. It is a concept both daunting and exhilarating, for it promises to strip away the layers of understanding we have built over millennia, leaving us standing on the precipice of pure experiential existence.

Imagine a world where knowledge is confined solely to what we can perceive through our own senses. Gone are the vast libraries of accumulated wisdom, the intricate tapestries of culture and history. Instead, we are left with only the raw data of our personal encounters with the world around us.

But even this austere existence is not without its complications. In a reality devoid of any larger context, our experiences become disjointed and fragmented. Without the framework of society, language, and shared understanding to guide us, we are adrift in a sea of isolated moments, each devoid of meaning or significance.

And yet, perhaps the most unsettling aspect of this epistemological void is the disappearance of the self. In a world where nothing exists beyond the individual, there is no mirror in which to reflect upon ourselves. We become mere shadows, ephemeral beings adrift in the infinite expanse of our own consciousness.

But amidst this existential chaos, there is a strange beauty to be found. Freed from the constraints of conventional knowledge, we are forced to confront the fundamental nature of our existence. In the absence of external validation, we are compelled to find meaning within ourselves, to forge our own understanding of the world around us.

And so, as we stand on the brink of this epistemological abyss, let us embrace the uncertainty that lies before us. For in the darkness of the unknown, there is the potential for a profound and transformative enlightenment. It is a journey into the depths of our own consciousness, where the boundaries between self and world dissolve, and we are left alone with the raw essence of our existence.

Wait... what?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1785528931543826592

Apparently the article claiming Hellboy is using AI might itself have been AI written and wrong

This is some great damage control but also "everything's practical" doesn't mean that a dipshit producer didn't use midjourney to crank out a hundred variations of "skeleton angel, giant tits, fangs" and send that off to be ignored by the design team. The quote was basically "I thought some of the designs were bad so I made my own with AI and sent them off" which is entirely believable and also 100% something that could have ended up having no impact on the actual film at all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PriorMarcus posted:

Wait... what?

I love that the AI was like “and that’s a good thing”

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Gripweed posted:

I love that the AI was like “and that’s a good thing”

Haha! That was my main take away too.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Really I mean look at this rear end in a top hat and tell me that isn't exactly what he'd do and brag about at an industry event.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

idk just looks like a dude in a suit with shades to me.

It's been mildly affirming to see that the only one's salivating for ai creative stuff seems to be managers and tech bros. General reaction to most of it seems to be disgust, and that's great.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 1, 2024

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I accidentally posted that I have cancer in another thread that I meant to post here but it's a normal loser cancer they see all the time that loses. I have ten broken ribs bitch, a tumor ain't got poo poo

What's the goodest tumor related movie

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 1, 2024

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grendels Dad posted:

Not quite agreeing. You put that amount of Vin Diesel into any other movie than Pitch Black, you get Bloodshoot.

Granted, but part of calibration is making certain that every other parameter is correct as well.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Really I mean look at this rear end in a top hat and tell me that isn't exactly what he'd do and brag about at an industry event.

He just looks like some dude?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Akira. Or Basket Case. I wanted to say How to Get Ahead in Advertising but I remembered that's a boil.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Peccadillo posted:

I accidentally posted that I have cancer in another thread that I meant to post here but it's a normal loser cancer they see all the time that loses. I have ten broken ribs bitch, a tumor ain't got poo poo

Sheeeit. Sorry to hear that.

50/50?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

therattle posted:

Sheeeit. Sorry to hear that.

50/50?

No it's fine probably not like a cancer having movie like a tumerous movie like a Blob or the Stuff

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

Videodrome.

You got this, homie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Junk Head features possibly cancerous foodstuff.