Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I still get calls from Stanley Kubrick's ghost in the middle of the night. He asks the most random poo poo and I keep telling him I'm not Stephen King, but he never listens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It would be cool if the afterlife existed, but only for Stanley Kubrick

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Peccadillo posted:

I vaguely remember reading that Lars Von Trier isn't so much abrasive but is nonetheless insufferable because he is depressed in an annoying way. Like the DP on Antichrist did most of the heavy lifting because Trier had to retire to his trailer to weep all the time

That's weird, I thought Gainsbourg said Antichrist was the smoothest, most fun movie production she'd ever worked on.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pirate Jet posted:

I am mostly surprised everyone seems to have forgotten about Bjork accusing Trier of sexual harassment and abuse. https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/bjork-sexual-harassment-lars-von-trier-denial-1201888174/

I can believe it!

Gripweed posted:

That's weird, I thought Gainsbourg said Antichrist was the smoothest, most fun movie production she'd ever worked on.

French.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Splint Chesthair posted:

Was it “Bog?” Because that happened to me with Bog.

I looked it up in my viewing history, it was Dark Was the Night.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

If any of you who have seen Gústi the Strong vs The Merman are on Letterboxd know now that you can log it on Letterboxd since it's officially come out now
https://boxd.it/LS3w

And/or on IMDb https://m.imdb.com/title/tt31710231/?language=fr-fr

Feel free to leave as honest off a review as you can. I appreciate any view.

Here's a super secret screener just in case.
[https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=rHskJ8xc19WysT-s&v=AQu4jN05IH4&feature=youtu.be

holy poo poo what a goddamn pro click.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've noticed at least two movie scripts now that call Adam Driver's character handsome. I don't think adam driver is handsome

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

I've noticed at least two movie scripts now that call Adam Driver's character handsome. I don't think adam driver is handsome

He's certainly unconventional looking but many people who are into guys find him very handsome so :shrug:

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I feel like if a one centimeter horizontal slice could be magically removed from the middle of his head he would become significantly more attractive.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Gústi rocks!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jay Rust posted:

Are straight women into him? They can have strange taste.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I can believe it!

French.

Gainsburg is so fuckin' weird and game

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Gripweed posted:

Are straight women into him? They can have strange taste.

Also bad taste.

There was a foreign doctor working with us and all the guys were like 'Yup. If I swing that way even an inch more I'd race you to ask him out' and 'I'm already married but... come on look at this guy!' By all I mean every one of us.

None of our women colleagues agreed. None.of them found him physically attractive. None. From his hair looking like he spends too much time on it to him being too bulky (he wasn't) they all had specific reasons why they personally weren't attracted and why they wouldn't label him as good looking in general.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A few years back straight women insisted that Sandra Oh was the most beautiful woman alive.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They're all hot, they're film stars.

This thread is getting very goony.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Driver is no giamatti, I'll say that much

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah these are hot people who happen to be a bit outside of the conventional molds. There's always been room for that in Hollywood. Do y'all think Steve McQueen wasn't hot, too?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

McQueen had charisma

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah these are hot people who happen to be a bit outside of the conventional molds. There's always been room for that in Hollywood. Do y'all think Steve McQueen wasn't hot, too?

was Steve McQueen unconventionally hot by the standards of his heyday, though, or is this just a retroactive judgment?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

McQueen had charisma

You mean he was rizzed up frfr no cap

E: urgh gently caress how do I delete

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

feedmyleg posted:

Do you think Steve McQueen wasn’t conventionally hot?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Peak era for sorta weird looking people in Hollywood was the 70s.

Now is the age of nearly identical hotties.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Do you think Steve McQueen wasn’t conventionally hot?

He's often at the center of this sort of conversation.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

I think it's very possible for an actor or musician to be a sex symbol without being hot/cute/handsome/pretty. Conventionally or othertherwise.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

my original point was like, in frances ha and the last duellist, there are lines that are "[adam driver's character] is really quite dashing", and i'm just like, really? How can you say that when grizzled goatee matt damon is right there?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is The Last Duel any good?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Hollismason posted:

Yeah it’s a pretty solid Rashomon story.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's probably my favourite ridley scott movie of the past twenty years, if that helps

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Double-checking caused me to find this out

quote:

Gladiator 2 is an upcoming epic historical drama film directed by Ridley Scott

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's time to update :nolan: to :sirnolan:

Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas to receive a knighthood and damehood

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Tenet 2 but this time with reverse moving knights of the round table.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

I think the nobility is bollocks but knights aren't nobles in the UK so it's fine.

Plus I'd be pretty afraid of Nolan or Thomas in full plate riding towards me on a horse with a sword in their hand.

I'd be afraid of anyone in full plate riding towards me on a horse with a sword in their hand but the matter stands.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Se should bring back armies being almost entirely composed of nobles and their entourage.

The New Model Army and a centralised professional army made up of commoners with arms and uniforms supplied by the state instead of each soldier bringing their own poo poo was a disaster for humanity.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, I was worried the multiple viewpoints would try to somehow both -sides the rape, but it's actually just different sides of "Men are predatory scum within a strict patriarchy" which is good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FreudianSlippers posted:

Se should bring back armies being almost entirely composed of nobles and their entourage.

The New Model Army and a centralised professional army made up of commoners with arms and uniforms supplied by the state instead of each soldier bringing their own poo poo was a disaster for humanity.

Just the other day in another thread I was saying that knighthood should come with the requirement to train and equip a company of men under arms.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
John Oliver was offered an OBE (which isn't the same thing, but kinda close) and he turned it down because of how much he hates the concept of a monarchy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
There is no general comic book movie thread in CD anymore, is there? I am rewatching X-Men: Days of Future Past and miss a place to talk about stuff like that.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Wikipedia has a list of people who have turned down honours from the British state. Naturally it starts with Cromwell and moves down.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I know there's an implicit "respectively" there but it sounds like they're both getting both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

There is no general comic book movie thread in CD anymore, is there? I am rewatching X-Men: Days of Future Past and miss a place to talk about stuff like that.

I killed it because it became super stagnated. Everyone posting there hated every new comic book movie (fair) and it was getting even more circular in how much it argued the same topics. Just became unfun to read.

Sorry