Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

X-Ray Pecs posted:

What sucks is the rich suburb across the state line has blu-rays and I think even video games to rent, but my city proper’s library doesn’t have hi-def movies except through Kanopy or Hoopla. I love my library and I support them, but c’mon y’all, throw me a bone.

Count yourself lucky you get access to Kanopy, a lot of libraries don’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Flying Zamboni posted:

John Goodman in Barton Fink.

John Goodman in any coen bros joint

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There overall does seem to be a theme that the genetic perfection of humanity is pretty anticlimactic. There's no Star Trek supermen or psychics, just people with slightly less chronic health issues maybe.

There is that twelve fingered pianist tho

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Indeed, but I think the point is it's a cute gimmick no one seems particularly impressed by, especially in a society that's become even less tolerant of physical difference.

Yeah I was being glib, I think it’s actually one of the more disturbing implications in the movie. Dude unwillingly engineered for a very specific task like a racehorse or battery chicken

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

He ain’t exactly gregarious in drive

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

[attempting to interact with a child like a normal person] want a toothpick?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I think I’ve seen every Mica Levi-scored film in theaters, planning to see Zone of Interest this weekend

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

They’re the only reason I watched Zola

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It was fine, I more meant Levi was what got me in the door

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

this panning split diopter shot in Come and See (1985) floored me, anyone know how they did it? presumably just mounted the split lens and panned over to it right? never seen anything like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjIiApN6cfg&t=7512s
starting at 2:05:12

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

A lot of these found footage complaints are avoided in Troll hunter (2010)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Anyone watching Sexy Beast (2024) the Paramount+ prequel series to Jonathan Glazer’s Sexy Beast (2000)?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The “sick stick” part of minority report was good and funny but the part immediately after where a jetpack grills some burgers was a bit over the top

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Watching The Green Knight

This movie is insanely beautiful already

it’s absolutely gorgeous. My favorite Christmas-time movie

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

He's so short

Just rewatched War of the Worlds (2005) and the least believable thing in there is Tom squaring off against Tim Robbins

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The first Bay-produced turtles movie is good if only by virtue of the Gob bluth gag in the middle

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Mickey 17 should probably come out in the next year or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

He was gonna be in the next Bong Joon-ho joint but that seems to have evaporated

It got an official release date two days ago. January 31, 2025