Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dungeons and Dragons also has a lot of really fun practical effects if you're that kind of freak like I am. Let's put tall people in weird creature suits again.

Oh, Jarnathan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If you liked the D&D movie I cannot recommend Game Night (the directors' previous film) enough. The D&D movie is them being as funny as they can within an IP straitjacket.

On the list.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Having never seen the cartoon, I noticed and was tickled by those costumes because I assumed it was a nod to larpers or those people throwing tennis fire balls at each other in the woods inspired by dnd. In general tho it felt like the movie acknowledging the inspiration's dorkiness and allowing it to just "be" instead of having someone quip at how dumb their outfit looks.

Yeah, I liked that the reference was just allowed to exist and they didn't really point too much at it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Still waiting for Scorpion

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Watching The Green Knight

This movie is insanely beautiful already

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Green Knight was pretty fuckin' neat. Made its way to the list of movies I want to watch in 4K once I get a device capable of such.

Anyway, I was deciding what to take out from the library next, and I saw that Crouching Tiger was available, so I'll pick that up when I drop off Green Knight tomorrow, and I also put House of Flying Daggers and Police Story 1/2 on hold from other libraries because hey, why not get into a whole wuxia/HK cinema mood for a bit?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Silence is one of the two Scorceses I've seen and it owns, and it's very funny that it came out like only a year and a half after I read the book for a college course. Book is also good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

I really want to know what the other one was.

Hugo

And yeah, I've been intending to watch more as part of my efforts to broaden my cinematic horizons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Get that cat out of that suitcase it's not humane

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not even 15 minutes into Police Story and Jackie Chan is already hanging off a moving bus by an umbrella

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lot of fun sitcom bullshit

E: Lmao the tape in court

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lmao this mall fight is the epitome of "put Jackie in a place and let him hit people with random poo poo"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HELL YEAH SHOW THAT poo poo THREE TIMES

E: lmao just end on Jackie Chan at wit's end punching a fool

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 3, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Show it one more time in the credits for good measure!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They stopped doing it because Mortdecai came out and was the most January a movie could ever be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hot Wheels: This is just PG Fast and Furious

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope they include the Tommy Pickles dump truck literally full of poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I should rewatch Edge of Tomorrow/Live Die Repeat/All You Need Is Kill sometime, that's also a pretty good Tom

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crouching Tiger with the crusty yellow DVD subtitles as God intended

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hate to break it to ya, but the kids in JP always sucked

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It also has none of the gambling ads so it's probably the superior feed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Does Carol Danvers have a character yet or is it still just other characters talking about how powerful she is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It could be worse. You could be one of Sony's joints and have to scam actors into signing on by telling them they'll be in the real MCU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Sometimes I get upset with how much Disney has bungled the Muppets. We should be getting a fun, charming, low-key, serviceable Disney+ Muppet movie once a year which parodies some genre or adapts and old book or whatever. It's really not hard.

Gotta make a universe gotta make it a universe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lmao that Police Story 2 starts basically immediately after 1 with Chan's superiors going "Do you know how much property damage you did? You could have taken the stairs, that was an expensive chandelier!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bright Bart posted:

Robert Pattisson isn't in anything that's officially planned to come out in the next few years it seems and that makes me not super happy.

My favourite story of his which I admit he may well have made up but it's funny regardless was that he had a stalker while filming in Europe and after getting both bored doing nothing and frustrated with avoiding her he asked like 'Look, if you agree to get patted down by security and I take you wherever you want to go for dinner will that satisfy you long enough to give me some space?' And then they went and she never contacted him again because well stars are actually boring most of the time.

He was gonna be in the next Bong Joon-ho joint but that seems to have evaporated

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, nice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/ecto_fun/status/1761135727176286278?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Watching Brotherhood of the Wolf, and this is already very cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Why does Mani look familiar to me?"

(One Google later)

My god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXqY8EZ21-g

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I haven't seen it in probably fifteen years, but I remember is as good, and the early scene of the two heroes in full coats and hats as very visually striking.

There's no way From Software hadn't seen that scene before making Bloodborne

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, I was kinda wanting a long movie to get lost in anyway so I didn't mind

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ShoogaSlim posted:

i rewatched brotherhood of the wolf like 3 weeks ago after finding a 4k bluray at my local video store.

hadn't seen it since i was a teenager and forgot basically 99% of anything that actually happens.

it was fun and you can tell the crew really cared about what they were making, so it's admirable from that perspective. but overall it's kinda goofy and too long.

the aesthetics are on point tho

I also think there could have been a couple more scenes of the Beast attacking people, give it a bit more horror

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Frankly the fact that they weren't in the full coats and hats the whole movie was a disappointment that poo poo rips

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I've never read the book. I recently saw Part 1 in IMAX when it was put back in theaters for a few weeks. Majority of the film, I had zero clue what was going on. It didn't help that the dialogue was often nearly inaudible, but then again, I sometimes have auditory processing issues when there are a bunch of conflicting loud noises. Regardless, I thought the film was great. I've seen complaints of "Oh they didn't explain <x>" but gently caress it, it wasn't necessary for my enjoyment and going into a long explanations of aspects of the novels would have just weighed it down.

DUNC Part 1 is more about vibes than anything else. And the vibes were immaculate.

The first movie felt like mostly setup, which makes sense considering it's the first half of a one book

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just have Neeson play his character from Taken but put it up to 11 and no one really reacts to it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

30 seconds of logos ding

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZH5r2qP9OQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I skip past all of the production company logos, like a normal person

Cinemasins Jeremy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Beekeeper, huh? I hear that movie's got a lot of buzz.

___________/