Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I wasn't even aware of City Hunter's source material, nor the Jackie Chan film, but I thoroughly enjoyed the new film on Netflix. It definitely has pacing issues towards the end and it is quite unsuccessful mixing the serious with comedy, but it was definitely a fun roller coaster. The film left me almost exhausted how fast it was going. And honestly I even enjoyed bunch of the cinematography, especially in the beginning, even if it was largely aided by CGI. But the film definitely left me grinning a lot of the time. Even choreography was pretty decent even if aided with rapid cuts, bunch of it felt how the Cowboy Bebop adaptation should have been to a degree.

Oh and the original theme definitely slaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I'm bummed no one caught on to City Hunter (2024)

Anyways, I decided to watch the Miami Vice film after thinking "Hmmm, it's been a while since that came out, probably bit less than ten yea.... Miami Vice (2006). gently caress me. Anyways, supposedly it's some sort of cult classic now? It was surprisingly decent. Some of it must be distance from the era by now. Apparently the dialogue was difficult to hear back in the day, but I watched it with headphones and closed captions since I'm not a native speaker. Honestly the audio recording seemed kinda faithful to the original or what I remember of it.

I should watch the actual series though, I just caught some glimpses of it in the 00's and 90's when I was a kid. Kinda wish there was a revival but I don't think Florida/Miami works anymore because of how... politics and everything is these days. Hell, same could be said for GTA 6, seems almost callous to have it take place in that hellhole. (No offence to any resident FL goons, I guess) Definitely enjoy the 80's/Florida vibes in the original. Very much vibes based show, I guess. Wish there was something similar in film/TV/vidygames.