Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
A mere, pathetic 139 movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
My second movie of the year was The Green Knight. Jeeze, what a picture. Terribly beautiful. Entrancing. I want more like it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Wish they were making a new candyapple island movie

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I’ve been trying to figure out why The Fall Guy bugs me, and my main theory is that the title reminds me of Free Guy, which I didn’t watch but it had bad ads

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I loved Across the Spider-verse but I'm not blind to its flaws

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

checkplease posted:

Bernard Hill has passed. RIP King Theoden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdknqszMDY

LotR has all these conflicting elements of grandeur and simplicity. Theoden is way the hell out at the grandiose end of the story, thinking of himself as a great warrior-king and trying his best to live up to that, and has a lot of sententious lines - "So, 'tis before the walls of Minas Tirith that the great battle of our time will be decided", that sort of thing. And Hill just absolutely sold it. It's such a sincere performance of a character who could have easily come off as ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I plain switched off Atomic Blonde because the Netflix version didn't have the captions for all the Russian+German dialogue