Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Saw Challengers yesterday too, it's fantastic. It's also nice to see the return of movies that are just deeply, deeply horny for every actor involved. It feels like the whole concept time travelled here from 1996, in the best way possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't think Zoë Kravitz has.

Live-action only, I assume. Kirsten Dunst (Wimbledon), Emma Stone (Battle of the Sexes) and now Zendaya (Challengers).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Drive Away Dolls is pretty fun. Nothing hugely groundbreaking, but it hits all the crime caper and road movie beats.

I just watched Hundreds of Beavers earlier. That was loving fantastic, I can count on one hand the amount of movies that made me laugh that much.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Has a kid ever won an Oscar. Why not

Tatum O'Neal is the youngest Oscar winner, 10 years old when she won Best Supporting Actress for Paper Moon.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

On one hand, he's an insufferable dork and I hope the bubble of pretending he's an actor worth casting bursts.

On the other hand, blowing a bunch of Netflix's money on nothing is always funny.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

Malignant, watch Malignant oh my god

And if you watch Malignant, please post about it, seeing people's reactions to that movie is one of life's little joys.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

https://x.com/WillSloanEsq/status/1786825517208846767

This is a really good prompt, curious if there are more good examples than those offered here?

Videodrome was basically Cronenberg's venting about having to deal with TV execs.

(e): Oh, and if we're just counting characters, the useless mayor and his yes man sidekick from Godzilla '98 are both named and modelled after Siskel and Ebert.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 5, 2024

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Doesn't VIDEODROME straight up refer to CityTV?

"CivilTV". You could never accuse Cronenberg of being subtle.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Talking poo poo on American Movie is like kicking a puppy. It did nothing to you, and just makes you look like a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

There's a good case to be made, especially now, that Episode 1 isn't even in the bottom 5 Star Wars movies.