Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ground floor bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

being so obsessed with something that you ruin your life and the lives of those around you is the American dream

This is the plot of my hopefully made feature film which is pinned on this board!

Except he realizes that chasing aliens and then finding aliens is terrifying and dangerous and not good!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DeimosRising posted:

Hey what happened to the alien thread?

It was blown out of the airlock because people thought that discussing canon using big words was something worthy of doing.

It wasn’t and I’m glad it’s dead

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wouldn’t call struggling to make out dialog fun.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hardy is incapable of doing a bad voice

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bright Bart posted:

Do comedy specials count as movies? Because if so... I've got little to nothing for you.

Dave Chappelle has one out. He takes a break in the middle of a less than one hour performance to smoke a cigarette. I don't mean that he pauses for a moment to light one up and then talks to the audience while smoking. I mean that there's a 'We'll be right back in a few minutes after I've gone outside and gotten some nicotine in me' cut. Yeah.

Hope he gets lung cancer

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think everyone should be allowed a smoke break except Chappelle he should suffer

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Re: fart humor

This is maybe the funniest video of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lEpY6hIg6w

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

im already writing one up on avengers age of ultron

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not sure how that relates. Pulp fiction is very unsexy lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I think the argument is that unless you can articulate your reasoning for something, you shouldn't express your opinion on it. You can hate something, but if you can't say why you didn't like it, your addition is completely unhelpful beyond being a passing aside.

life isnt this serious

(not saying you're saying this)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ok you can be around them no one is stopping you

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gaius Marius posted:

Honestly it was better than either Godfather

Cats?

probably

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just don’t talk about movies with those people. You don’t need to always talk about movies all the time.

I have had someone tell me to my face that their girlfriend didn’t want to invite me to a party because I would ruin the whole party because I would just talk to my friend about movies all night.

Not everyone likes or cares about movies

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d rather make art than talk about it tbh. It’s more fun and rewarding.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NieR Occomata posted:

There is a common trend in film discourse, specifically film bro discourse (hello Snyder fans) where the movie is poorly made enough but throws enough random bullshit in there that assholes can collect the ideas they like from the movie they watched because it threw everything but the loving kitchen sink in there and praise the movie that they made up in their head and you end up having to argue against a non-existent glorified fancanon.

Army of the Dead is one of my prime examples of this. By any empirical measurement, that movie is loving terrible, but total dipshits love to go “Ooh but they could be clones! Or it could be a time loop! And and and there’s a zombie society what does that mean?!?!?!” And my constant response ends up having to be “but yeah how is it a better loving movie as a result.” And they can never loving adequately answer the question. It is by far the most irritating form of movie “criticism” I have to deal with, people praising overlong and unfocused and poorly loving made movies because it has this one thing that they liked and it makes an “incredible loving film” basically wholecloth in their heads.

Uh oh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Open Source Idiom posted:

This list sucks. Complete lack of "Is there a shot that goes on for an excessively long time?" and "Did I see Roger Deakin's name in the credits?"

Psycho Gorman and The Evil Dead have neither of these and they're perfect films, however they have monster suits and exploding heads, respectively

(no i dont think the evil pov goes on for a long time. it goes on for the perfect time!)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jody Hill didn’t make Superbad. Jody Hill came from The Footfist Way with Danny McBride. It’s amazing you should check that out next.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol

Yeah Jody got noticed by will Ferrell which led to Danny mcbride ending up in a lot of movies around that time.

Thank god for that

Watch the Footfist way though. And obviously all his shows if you haven’t.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Danny mcbride is my hero. But I do need to see his other films like Arizona. Even if it’s bad. I just gotta see it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Really underrated movie and yeah ground zero for a lot of great actors. Shea Whigham is so young in it!
He's so good in Vice Principals and it was fun seeing him play a tiny weird role on rightious gem stones as an ancient old man in make up for no reason. It's great

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Reacher owns. People try and say it’s for dads, chuds, white people, but it is for everyone who likes cool things

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

He's smug because he's always sitting with the knowledge that he could fold a stranger in half like a piece of paper at any minor inconvenience. And he does!

e: I made a comic to help you understand the show

Remove the images and this is the book too

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe you guys are right but it all lead up to “Oh Wow” which is just exceptional lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i enjoyed barry and one piece more than any movie last year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ShoogaSlim posted:

can y'all lightly spoil what you're describing? i watched s1 of Barry and it was fine. i might keep going but im intrigued by this. i loved BCS and think it did nothing wrong. sopranos was good too and i dig curveball it threw in the last season

in season 4 it goes down a weird divisive path

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

oh I meant the live action show. Extra cursed for everyone but I adored it. It was the pirates of the Caribbean sequel I didn’t know I needed

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve only watched like 3 animes and 2 of them explain every thought and idea over and over as if the audience is 5 year olds

I thought it was made for at least teenagers. Very odd.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was more intense back then. It’s fine because he made better films after

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Peccadillo posted:

What was it even about? the white house science guy was mad about getting called a bitch by Bobby so tried to get him ... censured or something?

Yes
the world is dumb

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dawncloack posted:

So, to answer my own question, yes, it happens (unless I AM going insane, do tell me if you think so), but what is it called? And why??

Thanks in advance.

I saw 2049 in theaters and she 100% was getting a manicure. This is just bad memory stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hand Knit posted:

Also I saw this movie and I really liked it. A few images that are really gonna stay with me are Luv, in the sterile room getting her nails done, calling down drone strikes,
Here's a post from the thread the week it was released

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Peccadillo posted:

You should sue fox. I don't have much care about a scene being different between Bladerunnet 2 at the movies and the home release. But neither do Fox. They might just pay you to leave them alone

Fox didn't make BR. You also may be insane

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve been talking about this in the horror thread. I think I’m gonna make my first feature a FF/doc horror film and that right there is the biggest no no for me.

The build up is not that interesting most of the time and doesn’t even do a great job at character building. It just pass time as we hang out with these usually awful bickering people.

The outwaters was like this, Hell House LLC was like this (I turned it off half way through)

My idea is to start it when the monster shows up. No build up. Just boom. Monster. Because to me if you’re going to film something you’re going to take your camera to film something worth filming.

Not random shots of you bumming around with your friends unless you’re making a YouTube vlog which typically they aren’t.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

However I’ll say I do think FF should be ugly. My go to example would be watch any disaster or 9/11 video. It should look like that. The shot composition is only as good as you can get while running away screaming

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

my FF movie ends with everyone winning and killing the monster lol

Maybe you’ll like mine idk

It won’t look super pretty tho.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Peccadillo posted:

I got a 0.1% on a movie on movigrid.io because it's a Toni Collete movie made from 1995 -2010 or something like that, only heard about because my friend played a bastard teen in it as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrpcxwlEZg

He's one of the kids next to the guy who throws chocolate milk at the shortbus in that trailer

We all went to see it at the theatre and clapped and cheered when this very not nice thing happened and there was one other person in the theatre and he was probably pretty confused

lol this has the replacement Alex O'Connell from mummy 3 as the autistic kid

also god bless tropic thunder for mostly killing this kind of movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pirate Jet posted:

It had a ton of merch, it was just all sold to D&D people instead of your local Walmart's toy aisle.

There were figures in the Walmart toy isle.

They made a bunch of stuff. Nerf guns, transformers dice, the owl bear, all the characters, a eye guy . It’s just no one really cared and they rotted on the pegs and were quietly discounted. Followed by the animated show