Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

NieR Occomata posted:

There is a common trend in film discourse, specifically film bro discourse (hello Snyder fans) where the movie is poorly made enough but throws enough random bullshit in there that assholes can collect the ideas they like from the movie they watched because it threw everything but the loving kitchen sink in there and praise the movie that they made up in their head and you end up having to argue against a non-existent glorified fancanon.

Army of the Dead is one of my prime examples of this. By any empirical measurement, that movie is loving terrible, but total dipshits love to go “Ooh but they could be clones! Or it could be a time loop! And and and there’s a zombie society what does that mean?!?!?!” And my constant response ends up having to be “but yeah how is it a better loving movie as a result.” And they can never loving adequately answer the question. It is by far the most irritating form of movie “criticism” I have to deal with, people praising overlong and unfocused and poorly loving made movies because it has this one thing that they liked and it makes an “incredible loving film” basically wholecloth in their heads.

You're a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sorry everyone

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bringing Starbarry Clock here

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-Ray Pecs posted:

American animation is so funny, I went to see SPY x FAMILY Code: White last week, and the trailers did not know the market for a Shonen Jump movie. It was all CGI kids movie trailers (and more appropriately Borderlands I guess) for a movie where a dude gets his throat slit open and blood sprays all over a wall in the intro sequence.

Animation is Cinema guys only know Shonen anime and Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/Spider-Verse anyway it's fine

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's a far worse question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Female Prisoner Scorpian is perhaps the greatest movie series of all time.