Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Take your time, Some Guy - remember, you're not obligated to post any of these comics, and your well-being takes precedence many times over.

Also, the news about Allison's Conan story sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
It super sucks but it also seems a bit of a silly own goal

Just call him BoneAnne and make his oath "By Grom!" and no one would have done poo poo

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Bonus:

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats, spoilered because this joke feels kinda in poor taste to me, in a way that Footrot Flats usually isn't? idk erring on the side of caution

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 21, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Love to waste billions of tax dollars and resources just to periodically send the monster-spawn I left on Mars supplies to keep them thriving and gently caress up the planet some more.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

amigolupus posted:

Love to waste billions of tax dollars and resources just to periodically send the monster-spawn I left on Mars supplies to keep them thriving and gently caress up the planet some more.

But enough about Elon Musk's future plans! :newlol:

Kavak fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 23, 2024

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw man Mexikid's neighbors are good people.

Also I've only been skimming past the current classic dick tracy because it's giving me real bad vibes that its going to end in an incredibly racist manner.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Nov. 18, 1962)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look at this utterly filthy hunk of man meat. Who could possibly want this?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Man the pollen is real bad right now, hey

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The 10th slip is Coach.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
CPI are jerks and I wanted to see the Conan story through as it was pretty good but Allison does seem to be own goaling consistently. In the last 2-3 years he's made three cease and desist baits and ended his breakout new setting by lighting it on fire. I hope he can get some start to finish scripts prepped in his downtime.

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats, spoilered because this joke feels kinda in poor taste to me, in a way that Footrot Flats usually isn't? idk erring on the side of caution

I always get mad when the Murphys give Wal a hard time too. Yeah, that's pretty frank even for Footrot Flats.

quote:

Mexikid Stories

Jesus, Pedro. What does this guy do that the neighborhood kids can recognize you're going past the animal killing trees?!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Who cares?! They're an invasive species and not supposed to be there! How else are you supposed to round up a bunch of horses? Remember when this arc was about that?

In other news, sounds like there's a hip new member of the Blondie team (the writers daughter) and she's gonna bring some swingin' new ideas to the strip! (hold an online poll to name a minor character)

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/22/arts/blondie-comic-strip.html

lol, this is Team Evans all over again. Why don't these guys ever meet a young person that's not their daughter? And why do the daughters only ever have one move?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/22/04

Brenda Starr 1/26-28/53

Smokey Stover 2/5/60

Everyday Movies 6/18/37

"She needn't try to tell me she didn't see my head in the shaft when she threw down that bag of vegetable peelings and hit me."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 7/26-28/43

How do you manage to accidentally make five excess cups of coffee anyway, especially when you live alone?

Closer Than We Think! 2/5/61

Still better than open-plan offices.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 2/5/61

Still better than open-plan offices.

“When shut, the unit becomes a highly efficient masturbatorium”

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow, they invented the Goon Throne in the 1960s

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Mother Goose and Grimm

(11/28/2002)

Frank and Ernest

(7/2/1994)

Ziggy

(11/29/1971)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

The Cat Should Not Be Outside

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

JethroMcB posted:

Cul de Sac

Anyone else remember those Weepull things that you could win as a prize for selling x amount of merchandise? Maybe that was just my school district, but the stuff was pretty cheap: a cotton ball with googly eyes glued onto them.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Anyone else remember those Weepull things that you could win as a prize for selling x amount of merchandise? Maybe that was just my school district, but the stuff was pretty cheap: a cotton ball with googly eyes glued onto them.

I do now! I would not have ever remembered those things unless someone else had mentioned them.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

New Sunday strip focus characters just dropped!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Meanwhile, in the principal's office:

"Look, you need to stop Freaky Friday-ing your students. Parents are starting to complain."

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

gently caress yes wayang kulit in Flash Gordon, thank you for not just making the Frigians Space Norse.

big boned kitty dot tumblr dot com is doin' numbers despite the transphobia

oh yeah this is all taking place in late 2020.

You Can Take It With You If "It" Is a Ffffffffat Assssssssss

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No its clearly Stardust the Super Wizard

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ronal is such a Ron. I love that for him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Good luck having to support the body mass of a rhino with the skeletal structure of a feline I guess.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alhazred posted:

Good luck having to support the body mass of a rhino with the skeletal structure of a feline I guess.

and that's why the resulting baby is the body mass of a feline with the internal structures of a rhino. or. whatever. who loving knows.

"gently caress biology" -Bill Holbrook

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm just gonna ask, but does anyone actually want holbrook to be posted? on the individual comic level he's no oh baby but getting a shotgun blast of him everyday (backlog or no backlog all three of his comic strips are terrible) might make him worse on a quantitive level at least

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm just gonna ask, but does anyone actually want holbrook to be posted? on the individual comic level he's no oh baby but getting a shotgun blast of him everyday (backlog or no backlog all three of his comic strips are terrible) might make him worse on a quantitive level at least

That's a really good question.

I hate read every one of his strips, but they've been a presence in this thread for so long that I think I'd actually miss them if they were gone.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I like ‘em, and I’m not sure what’s funnier: the wandering internal logic, or goons frothing up over it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's like my favorite comic to hate.

Edit: That Rhino-Cat's skull is a nightmare to consider.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

For decades, people have been clamoring for one thing: new Blondie characters. At last their demands are being met.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If you want I can start posting from the beginning again when the timeline collapses and it all syncs up, otherwise it was gonna just be a daily installment.

In all seriousness there's, like, stuff here nobody reads and as long as it's not hateful or awful we just mind our own business, and honestly Holbrook is not the worst person here (tombat).

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 23, 2024

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if we stopped posting holbrook it would be like losing my stupidest child

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have read very little of the Holbrook strips, so it wouldn't matter to me one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

holbrook is the penance we pay for keeping away the greater demons