Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Mark Trail with the classic bad writing trick of introducing a situation that resolves itself with no input from the hero.

lmao at Wilbur actually murdering this guy with his daydream, I was shitposting when I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

Someone else MUST have done this joke in the last 85 years, but it's new to me and I :lol:ed.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

hey couldja spoiler or timg the rest of this m. blaise storyline? I'd appreciate it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Honestly I have the same question. You are not obligated to communicate with a person who gives you panic attacks just because you share DNA.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/30 - 11/1/52

Archie 4/3-5/50

The Recap of Vera Valiant 7/24/77

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 28-May 2, 2006)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
‘You haven’t heard of her, so I’m going to assume you also can’t read.’ Yeah, sounds like record nerds.
yeah I know it’s written in romaji and not kana

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 28, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
looking forward to the nice old cigarette stand lady being the singer lady on that record cover :3:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

goatface posted:

Looks like it could be. Bit of a price tag difference between that and a Dick Tracy collection.

I dunno, I've bought more than one comic strip collection for more than $500.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

In 2009, Charles Boyce sent me a very nice email explaining what body english was, because I had never heard that term before.

quote:

Thank you for being a reader of Compu-toon. It's always great to receive comments be it positive or negative.The term
body english is used a lot when trying to guide something to its
destination by moving your body to help it out. Like a golfer would do when attempting a putt...a bowler does it when trying to hit the pins.
Thanks again for your readership.
Charles Boyce

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Safety Dance posted:

In 2009, Charles Boyce sent me a very nice email explaining what body english was, because I had never heard that term before.

So it's like when you're playing Super Mario Bros. and every time you make Mario jump you raise the controller and then lower it to make Mario jump better?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Dinette

Popcom

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

A little boy is pushed down and because of that does not get run over, an old man gets pushed down and because of that does. The circle of life.

Um Moy, if Wilbur actually gets this guy killed or even just wounded by a car, that's kind of past "loveable dopey oaf"

Doomykins posted:

looking forward to the nice old cigarette stand lady being the singer lady on that record cover :3:

Oh, of course. My first thought was that it was Miss Haru herself in her previous career, but then, she used to be a soldier.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 2/5-6/53

I've never liked this baby and it's not getting any better with this new "speaks in full sentences but never when its father is around" gimmick.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

A little boy is pushed down and because of that does not get run over, an old man gets pushed down and because of that does. The circle of life.

:eyepop:

Prince Valiant

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I refuse to believe they'd have the guts to kill that guy in Mary Worth. The worst that'll happen is the car stops short of him and Wilbur wanders on daydreaming and literally running into more people.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

anyway, pregnancy is horrifying

did you know: the phrase "cuckold" does in fact stem from the cuckoo bird's reproductive needs

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Cowslips Warren posted:

TomBat and Wilbur crossover when?

goatface posted:

I think that just results in the Kliban cartoon.

Sorry I"m late on this ...

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 26, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

I refuse to believe they'd have the guts to kill that guy in Mary Worth. The worst that'll happen is the car stops short of him and Wilbur wanders on daydreaming and literally running into more people.

Don't worry. The car will swerve to avoid the old man and run down that kid from last week Final Destination style.

Fate and muffins are the two inescapable constants of the Worthverse.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Mother Goose and Grimm

(12/5/2002)

Frank and Ernest

(7/8/1994)

Ziggy

(12/4/1971)

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Who's up for a trip to Mississippi?

Motel 6 in Biloxi now offering Garfield-themed room to guests

Room not available on Mondays.

Pluggers

Not pictured: "joining" pollen.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hippocrass posted:

So it's like when you're playing Super Mario Bros. and every time you make Mario jump you raise the controller and then lower it to make Mario jump better?

Are you my dad?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Murdstone posted:

Had to double check because of the time loop thing, but these are indeed the same comic.

You're the same comic!

(Yesterday's) Alley Oop

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vargo posted:

Heart of the City

Check out all the great jokes in this comic.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (May 1, 1977)

Harry Dinkleshaft

Thimble Theater (December 1, 1940)

Popeye

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Boyce is even bad at explaining things that he think are his explanations. Bless him.

"English" is just spin, as in when you strike the cue ball left or right of centre to manipulate the way it interacts with other balls on the table.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

FoxTrot

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/27/04

Brenda Starr 2/8/53

Smokey Stover 3/12/61

Everyday Movies 6/24/37

"As soon as you can afford it, Mother, will you buy me a flower?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/8/43

Closer Than We Think! 3/15/61

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

"Wah wah peepee doodoo I couldn't adapt to the changing times bawwwww"

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Green Intern posted:

"Wah wah peepee doodoo I couldn't adapt to the changing times bawwwww"
I like that he either didn't even bother to remember Bok's name or refuses to use it. Good detail.

Also, given that Fria has Giant blood, it's not even the changing times, since clearly the royal family of Frigia were, ah, closely entwined with the Giants long before Korro was a sparkle in his parent's eyes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

PetraCore posted:

I like that he either didn't even bother to remember Bok's name or refuses to use it. Good detail.

Also, given that Fria has Giant blood, it's not even the changing times, since clearly the royal family of Frigia were, ah, closely entwined with the Giants long before Korro was a sparkle in his parent's eyes.
No see the Queen is one of the good ones, so it's okay!

ugh just typing that out feels like nails on a chalkboard in my brain

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

PetraCore posted:

True, although I wonder how much of her ascendance to the throne was predicated on "I have ancient blood ties to the giants, I can make peace with them" as opposed to whatever status quo Ancient Enemy stuff there may have been. Just speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Way to stay with the times, Kelley.