Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's the sort of issue there's no obvious answer for, sadly, short of someone signing him for a steady external gig.

Someone at the syndicate should give him Modesty Blaise or Apartment 3G, like how Flash Gordon returned with a webcomic person (ignore Mark Trail).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I AM GRANDO posted:

Someone at the syndicate should give him Modesty Blaise or Apartment 3G, like how Flash Gordon returned with a webcomic person (ignore Mark Trail).

Three women with different personalities sharing an apartment? That's basically Giant Days.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

The way this is written (and because I was skimming it), I originally read panel 3 as "We're going to call this Farley's Tree, when it gets warm enough...." and I was absolutely perplexed.

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Filling a pinata with oranges and walnuts is inspired sicko behavior.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Last panel Kitty got a laugh out of me. Just a really solid depiction of a senior cat.

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff2jSjolnI

Cul de Sac

Time to Get a CPAP My Dude

Rose is Rose

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

Not pictured: "joining" pollen.

If you don't live in North Carolina, you don't understand the yearly pollinating. Its something you truely have to experience.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

drat it, a Pluggers comic that made me laugh. Time to jump into the pit I guess.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Why did we import European straw?

Mary Worth

I didn't really think he'd die. Looks like Wilbur's just Mr Magooing around for a bit.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

One strip a day work for this? I can do two, since this is an older story.

Flash Gordon

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Murdstone posted:

Luxury feed for fancy horses? (Per the USDA, "The introduction of cheatgrass to North America probably occurred independently, several times, via ship ballast, contaminated crop seed, packing material and at least 1 deliberate introduction for a college experiment in Pullman, Washington, in 1898.")

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

I didn't really think he'd die. Looks like Wilbur's just Mr Magooing around for a bit.

Will Moy. & Co. come up with any new hazards, or is it going to be like 10 weeks of saving lives exclusively through mindlessly pushing people either in to or out of the path of a moving vehicle?

Alterian posted:

If you don't live in North Carolina, you don't understand the yearly pollinating. Its something you truely have to experience.

The strip doesn't even address the true terror: the smell...

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Nice shading on that pig, Maya. Good work.

Nu Nancy can be pretty hit or miss, but this one I like. Not a lot of talking about anxiety or living up to unreasonable expectations or whatever. Just a simple visual gag.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
lol what a copout in Mary Worth. "Wilbur's actions directly murdered this man except for this other unrelated act of providence."

Jules has begun phoning in the Sunday strips, the direst red flag yet. Just drawing Mark's head inflating and deflating between panels. The colorist going on strike sure doesn't help either, eye-searingly bad palette.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

Haraiso Days

quote:

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

The strip doesn't even address the true terror: the smell...

That's not coming from the haze of pine pollen. That's the lovely Bradford Pears everyone used to plant that smell like old cum.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

"Well, the ice melted unevenly, and the statue slid off the base and nearly hit Count Weirdly's hairy kid. And well, things snowballed from there.. In retrospect, we probably should have ordered the base made with removable anchorpoints for cables."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/2/52

Archie 4/6-8/50

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 7/25-27/77

Selachian fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 30, 2024

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 7/26-28/77

Holy heck, is that dril's grandad on the tv?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Alterian posted:

That's not coming from the haze of pine pollen. That's the lovely Bradford Pears everyone used to plant that smell like old cum.

My state, like several others, will give you a free tree to plant if you cut down your existing jizz tree.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Safety Dance posted:

In 2009, Charles Boyce sent me a very nice email explaining what body english was, because I had never heard that term before.

The classic example is Carlton Fisk in 1975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WRi6iZAl-I&t=18s

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

Not pictured: "joining" pollen.
Why do you think his normally red truck is yellow?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

sixty years of direct sunlight

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Body English actually works, if you're playing pinball.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (May 3-5, 2006)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Holy poo poo, a Neal Shusterman quotation! Moy’s in my good books from now on.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
The Blood Egg Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Tendales posted:

Body English actually works, if you're playing pinball.

Most especially if you're already deaf, dumb, and blind?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

But Julius Caesar was famously killed in public, by multiple people, and Brutus was his friend (which is why Caesar was surprised that he was one of the conspirators). And Socrates knew Hemlock was poison, that was the whole point. :colbert:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
It's A Sketchy Life for April 26, 1928! Today's cover is from Russell Patterson.

And one more too good to keep to myself.

Frederick Strothmann:

John Held Jr. makes himself an Old-Fashioned:

Isadore Klein (who's halfway down the page at the other end of this link):

Although it might be easier to introduce him this way.

No visible signature, and honestly I'd hide my name too:

Ned Hilton:

Don Herold:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(January 19, 1919)

Gasoline Alley(December 14, 1919)

Little Nemo(June 14, 1908)

Nell Brinkley(March 8, 1908)

quote:

JUST THE BETTY FOR BILLY TO MARRY No.2--"The Steel Blue Billy Should Mate with Betty o'Gold," Says Nell Brinkley

HOW TO CHOOSE A WIFE-By Nell Brinkley

THIS is the steel-blue Billy, and the gold Betty that the stars say that he should hand up his heart to.

This Billy has fought for ages, in many lives, from when the moon was young till now. He dreams no dreams. He builds and creates with the keen mind of him.

His eyes are as keen as the light on a knife-blade in the sun.

His jaw is fine and hard knotted under the blue shaven skin.

His mouth is like a carven mouth, with a faint tinge of humor, and his mustache cut and close cropped around it.

He walks and dreams and thinks to the fantastic, intricate music of rows of swift-moving figures. He never breaks or droops, or puts back his head and lets his hands lle open and says: "I am tired."

He wears like a black, age-old rock wears off, in fine, thin dust under the wind and rain. And a smoother and harder grain lies beneath, as each thin cloud of drifting dust sifts off.

He might be tender, If he stopped still once and shut his eyes and dreamed of other things besides the fantastic, intricate music of the figures that walk with him and build for him. If glinting gold coins and the wonder of power went not one with the other, this Billy might filing the gold away in twinkling, glinting, turning, twisting streams-but the power he would die the death of a dog to hold in the hollow of his tense hand.

And it is not good for the steel-blue Billy to pray his prayers to the straight-backed, cold-eyed Betty, with the fantasy of figures marching in regiments through her head, and the little curling up of her fingers for the feel of power, too.

The Betty dreaming away in the "pic" is the Betty for the Billy I have told of. The stars tell that for this steel-blue Billy there is a gold Betty o' dreams and tenderness. This Betty knows not figures, only as she knows and listens to all things, in her wisdom that is the wisdom of a child.

Gold and sway make her toyawn with her stained mouth. She dreams of open places and marvelous reaches of blinding, blue sky. She dreams of romance and music, and sometimes a bit of all these things grows under her smooth hand.

She is all velvet and tenderness. A little child is the wonder of the world to her. The clouds, and the sound of wind and water, and bird voices, and the the hushed laughter of grasses and leaves hold her silent and in all delight.

She loves the life of touching and feeling and hearing and seeing, so that an it hurts and makes a sweetness to be always at the bottom of her heart.

She watches the light, like opal, that burns in a pool of water after the rain has gone and the sun floods the world again.

She watches the light, like opal, that burns in a pool of water after the rain has gone and the sun floods the world again.

She touches the satin of flower petals, and wonders at them. She puts in her hand on her knees and hails a bee with his legs all gold dusted as he crawls along the path. A butterfly's veined, golden wing makes her cry out Its and sing with the beauty of it.

The whole, gigantic, fearfully builded, maddening tower of figures that is finance and power might crumble and slip into dust like the house of dominoes, and the biggest things, the most wonderful, would be left for her; and she would look once at the ashes and then smile and forget-save only that her tin tenderness would grieve because it was life to him.

So you see the stars say and tell that the gold Betty is for the steel-blue Billy-because she will make him remember that the sky is blue when he is almost forgetting.

She will breathe on his tenderness and wake it. She will beguile him into dreaming sometimes, so that the wearing of the black rock will be slower. to She will make him wonder at the dawn and the twilight, and she will make him listen to the slower, sweeter music of the world that comes nigh being drowned in the fantastic clatter of the figures in his ears.

And then, under the dreaming slip of her fingers across his face, when she broods above him and laughs soft and tells him the little tales of the day while he was gone, the tense steel blueness slips off him and he go dreams with her and forgets. So the gold Betty is for the steel-blue Billy; so the stars tell.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Personally, I’d like another week of Wilbur suffering a dissociative episode, but that’s just me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'd rather see him hit by a car, but we all know he's going to end up being awarded the keys to the city instead.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Hippocrass posted:

Nell Brinkley(March 8, 1908)

gently caress that, i'll marry her

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Dinette

Popcom

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why's Phantom so invested in gaslighting the jungle patrol

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

quarantine pussy got me actin' unwise

hush now, rest now, close your eyes sleep tight

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

How do they have Hobbits!!!!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

"The dragonman wants my blood." Gee, I wonder why the guy who was just minding his own business in the gym that you challenged to a sudden duel would be pissed at you?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

I'm gonna laugh if it turns out this week is going to be about Mark defending an invasive species of plant instead. It's insane how Jules thinks that the other guy being a techbro would automatically make Mark's actions justifiable in any manner. No matter how cute you think they are, wild horses are still an invasive species.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Uh, Moy? The drive of the car probably got whiplash or hurt their neck in their effort not to run over a poor old man. They're the real hero here, not that piece of poo poo, Wilbur.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alterian posted:

We have days like that in Connecticut. I don't think it's as bad but the green film still appears on everything.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 27, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

It's not even a difficult lie. "Yeah, childhood accident. I was always self-conscious about it, it's why I wear my hair like this, but adopting a cat with one too has helped."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

JethroMcB posted:

Will Moy. & Co. come up with any new hazards, or is it going to be like 10 weeks of saving lives exclusively through mindlessly pushing people either in to or out of the path of a moving vehicle?

It's pretty realistic for america tho