Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also once transubstatated the wafers don’t stop being jesus

This really isn't the thread for biological theology probably but this raises questions about digestion and excretion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

eventually every atom on earth will be jesus

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ghostlight posted:

eventually every atom on earth will be jesus

.....is jesus the grey plague????

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/6-8/52

Archie 4/13-15/50

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 7/31/77

Well, I didn't see that coming. And all that buildup about Herbert having a hot model as his partner doesn't seem to have gone anywhere, has it?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 3/26/61

The Bell Picturephone debuted at the 1964 World's Fair and saw limited commercial use afterward but was simply too expensive for almost everyone.

It was pretty cheap in 2019.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

You NEVER attach a lunge line to a bit or a bridle! (bridle leather is too fragile)

<:mad:>

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shugojin posted:

They are and there is literally no treatment but termination. No procedure exists to remove an embryo that has implanted in the fallopian tube and have it re-implant in the uterus.

Oh right, now i remember why I had a feeling of worry about this topic beyond the obvious danger to the person its happening to.

regressive states are pushing for removing ectopic pregnancies to be classified as abortion

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
The Blood Egg Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh right, now i remember why I had a feeling of worry about this topic beyond the obvious danger to the person its happening to.

regressive states are pushing for removing ectopic pregnancies to be classified as abortion
i think you're mistaken there - removing ectopic pregnancies is already classified as an abortion because an abortion is the termination of a pregnancy. even a miscarriage is medically a "spontaneous abortion". that's why relying on exclusions "when the pregnancy threatens the life of the mother" are so dangerous - because it means these sorts of pregnancies have to continue in situ until they are inevitably and actually threatening the mother's life rather than being done earlier when they aren't.
what the regressive states are trying to do is reclassify these medical procedures as not abortions so that these kinds of medical procedures can't be used as pressure to undo the blanket abortion bans that are preventing doctors from performing them.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (May 11-15, 2006)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Haifisch posted:

Lio comes to mind.

It's not the worst comic in the world but it's very one-note.

Well, it didn't used to be.

I bought this print from him, framed it and gifted it to my mother. I have it back now that she's moved on.

Of course, there are other hazards for the poor boy:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

don Jaime posted:

So that's two Marmaduke comics I don't like. Bring back Lefty!

There's a real "Not now, Gazoo!" energy to the strip at this point, isn't there.

As long as we're on the subject, let's just lead with Adventures of Marmaduke (February 29-March 2, 1940)

Olive & Popeye

Our Boarding House (July 16-18, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (July 14, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (October 5-7, 1922)

Dok's Dippy War Horse (March 14, 1915)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I love the one Boarding House guy smoking while he goes swimming.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (July 14, 1925)

Enjoying the background bit here

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Rubber Chicken posted:

This really isn't the thread for biological theology probably but this raises questions about digestion and excretion

...I may or may not have once asked a Catholicism thread in Ask/Tell on these very forums what happens if you electrolyze holy water, like in the sixth-grade chemistry lab experiment. Do you get holy oxygen and holy hydrogen?

As best I recall the answer, once it's no longer recognizably reasonably-pure water, the holiness wears off. I presume something similar happens for consecrated hosts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

JethroMcB posted:

I threw in Non Sequitur as a gag yesterday but what the heck, let's give it a trial run

...if it remains another precocious Hot Topic Child strip, it may not stick around.
The child (Danae) isn't always in it. Sometimes it's got a plot, sometimes it's one-off jokes, sometimes it's just the author's political opinions.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Giant Ethicist posted:

I love the one Boarding House guy smoking while he goes swimming.

One way or another, he's gonna end up with a wet butt. :rimshot:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Why was it necessary to clear the horses for a data center again?

Mary Worth

Wilbur's going on Tinder dates and we're here for it.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

It's grammar joke week in Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Aaand we're back to the Barbie Commercial Smile Close-Ups in Phantom

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

And look, here's a 4K video of the dog vomiting up the chocolate! What a time to be alive.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Dinette

Popcom

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 29, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There is no almond milk because there is no almond nipple. It is almond juice, it's just marketed as milk.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its almond particle suspension.

It's milk because it's an approximate substitute for dairy milk in some uses.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 06, 1963)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MockingQuantum posted:

Speaking from second-hand experience, there's almost no chance that he wasn't contacted by Marvel/Disney and yes, they probably sent a fairly courteous C&D that effectively said "we'll look the other way while you finish this up but recommend you don't ever do anything like it again"

There's zero percent chance that Disney, a company that banned a children's hospital to use their characters on a mural, did not contact him.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jan. 06, 1963)

loving rip this jabroni.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao Arn. You're a Valiant this will dog you all your life.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I sincerely hope Val gets to explode this guy

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

EasyEW posted:

As long as we're on the subject, let's just lead with Adventures of Marmaduke (February 29-March 2, 1940)

First, it's kinda wild that they're depicting Field Marshall Mannerheim looking like a stereotypical Russian guy, when he didn't look anything like that and was kinda the opposite of that. Or maybe that's the joke?

Second, it's even wilder that the overall tone of the comic is "gently caress Finland", the small country of 4 million-ish people at the time, under invasion by a global superpower who had divided up Europe with their Nazi allies. Yeah, someone said it's a communist comic but jesus loving christ, guy.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'm gonna go against the grain slightly here and wager that Aleta annihilates this clown. It's been awhile and she's due.

Olive and Popeye: phones don't work, wait phones work now, no wait, phones don't work.

Mark Trail: Sincerely worse than a two month Mary Worth victory lap. Mark proudly summarizes a situation in which nothing he did really mattered, couldn't have happened without an rear end pull from the author and the antagonist wasn't doing anything wrong anyway. "He wasn't rounding up wild horses to clear his land! He was rounding up wild horses to clear his land to use his land to do things!"

Oh, and the resolution doesn't stop Tad anyway. The fire was extinguished. He can buy more land, he can rebuild the AI data center. He was briefly inconvenienced by himself. The wildlife department will continue rounding up the horses, rightfully.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Second, it's even wilder that the overall tone of the comic is "gently caress Finland", the small country of 4 million-ish people at the time, under invasion by a global superpower who had divided up Europe with their Nazi allies. Yeah, someone said it's a communist comic but jesus loving christ, guy.
Their army did hang onto the swastika longer than was strictly needed. But, yeah, kinda weird to be dunking on Finland in 1940.
Fun fact: My grandmother got a carved polar bear from a finnish pow she sent food to and she kept it until she died.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 1, 2024

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, Little Lefty was a lot more pleasant when it was about kids organizing for a school lunch program and dunking on rich bankers and stuff.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Doomykins posted:

I'm gonna go against the grain slightly here and wager that Aleta annihilates this clown. It's been awhile and she's due.

Also reasonable. Basically I'm just hoping for a personal explosioning here, it feels like it's time

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Noor

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Their army did hang onto the swastika longer than was strictly needed. But, yeah, kinda weird to be dunking on Finland in 1940.
Fun fact: My grandmother got a carved polar bear from a finnish pow she sent food to and she kept it until she died.

US communists bit pretty hard on the notion that the Soviet Union was the workers' paradise of their dreams, and therefore anything that opposed the Soviets must be bad. It caused a lot of friction and splintering in the US communist movement later on, when some of them saw Stalin for what he was and others kept on believing.

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/30/04

Brenda Starr 2/15/53

Smokey Stover 4/2/61

Everyday Movies 6/28/37

"If Eddie and Wallie DO decide to come to America, I hope my light housekeeping sign catches their eye."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 8/15/43

Closer Than We Think! 4/2/61

Bonus Ad! Let's all go to the Chubby Shop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake