Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Vargo posted:

Give me a link to that poo poo, I have been wondering what he does now that his handle isn't literally "@theREALMarkTrail"

https://x.com/AdventurStudios?s=20

There you go, enjoy the latest from James Allen, Reuben nominated artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (December 8-12, 2005)

Had. Tackleford had a witch.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1 with some synergy with Kazinsal Scary Go Round post

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

A fish-man? Who is this awful, scaly manifestation? Meanwhile, some things stay the same across all planes of reality.

So this final member of Conan's party is "played" by Des Fishman, who will turn up later in Kazinsal's run on Scary Go Round. Des was something of a breakout star of SGR, and became Allison's mascot of sorts.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 8/7/60

Or you could just use light bulbs, I suppose?

edit: They seem to be talking about creating induction plasma, which sounds extremely safe and not at all energy-intensive.

"Don't cross the streams"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 8/21-23/52

Archie 12/22-24/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 5/15/77

Wait, wasn't Dr. Florsham just in the hospital with Vera and Winthrop? Dude gets around.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 29, 2024

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Murdstone posted:

I don't agree with this.

This was from when he started actually trying. And as for the writing, don't forget he had Mark Trail spend like a whole year in a cave.

That's the exact one I thought of too. It's just so bad, the combination of bad art and clip art clashes so hard it gets me every time.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Oh loving hell, these assholes again?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Mokotow posted:

https://x.com/AdventurStudios?s=20

There you go, enjoy the latest from James Allen, Reuben nominated artist

The only thing surprising about this is him not being a bluecheck

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Archie is a clueless idiot & working towards being everybody's favorite rear end in a top hat, but every once in a while he redeems himself

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Technowolf posted:

Oh loving hell, these assholes again?

Yeah, what the hell? I thought the Bird Illuminati left for the distant past? Why are they back to mess with Dethany Samantha Lindesfarne?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Also, one of the fun little astronomical factoids, "did you see it fall" is a pretty clear sign it's not a meteorite. They stop burning many kilometers above the surface. Did the birds douse it in gasoline?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

For non-Americans, there's no hidden twist here.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Based on my wife's Catholic school stories:

- someone will describe a nun as a penguin
- rulers are disciplinary tools. Yardstick comes out if you really gently caress up.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUg8B1VA0Bs

I had to.

In the same vein: if you want to memorize the Declaration of Independence, The Fifth Dimension has you covered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhevfANM09Q

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 29, 2024

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlgT-Lj8-no

It's...very 60's

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Yeah you guys kind of had it made--it's too bad your universe is ruled by cruel and spiteful gods who seem to believe that having fun is a sin.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Well the twist is no one is buried there. The Grants are entombed above ground.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Strontium posted:

b]Take It From The Tinkersons[/b]

Stop drop kaboom

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

what the heck happened to Tiff? the last time I read Luann in a newspaper, they were still in high school, did Tiff just take the first year of uni really badly and got the ol' "freshman 15"?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 26, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

I automatically read these panels in sequence. Seems like Dr Sam Beckett just quantum-leapt into this guy’s body.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

For the benefit of Americans who still might not have surprise eggs, they are chocolate eggs with a small toy or some other little surprise inside.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
LMFAO at Bets dropping her financially necessary career for a guy who isn't working himself. It's amazing how many times they make their relationship look ugly.

The number the strip gave was Bets had "like a million followers" and several thousand is new career levels of incoming subscription and patreon buck donations. :v:

Aces High posted:

what the heck happened to Tiff? the last time I read Luann in a newspaper, they were still in high school, did Tiff just take the first year of uni really badly and got the ol' "freshman 15"?

Considering the art style it's a wonder anyone can tell. Hell, is Tiff significantly heavier than Bets here? If this strip believed in sexuality how many people would really turn their nose up at her and go "ugh, what a heffer!"?

Anyway Tiff's incredible burden is that she is working a full time job and full time college courses except at any moment she can live in her family's mansion protected by their money. It's respectable she wants to be independent of that but a little hollow, especially with whinging about high school "power."

Dustin-tier "contemptible idiot doesn't realize work is hard" about her schoolwork that she's struggled with before.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/28/04

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 11/30/52

Smokey Stover 8/14/60

Everyday Movies 5/20/37

"This bow makes it what the French call 'more important.'"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/30/43

To be provided later in color.

Closer Than We Think! 8/14/60

Selachian fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 29, 2024

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(5/9/1994)

(5/10/1994)

Ziggy

(10/25/1971)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

For the benefit of Americans who still might not have surprise eggs, they are chocolate eggs with a small toy or some other little surprise inside.

Nope, still banned! Wouldn't want kids to swallow a toy in-between unloading a clip on their classmates!

THORN, May 3-8, 1985

Note 21:

quote:

Basic Family Values Are Back
A particularly meaningless and empty far-right Christian political slogan that bubbled up during President Reagan's re-election campaign.
First, basic values had never gone away, and second, televangelists and politicians of that era were constantly being exposed in slimy deals and extramarital affairs.
I really don't think Jeff liked Reagan much.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Fingerpori

Also, if you put water and baking powder in them they loving explode.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 8/14/60

Based on that major's pose I think there's vegan fried chicken in the airship.

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 24, 1962)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

drat that's a fine elephant. (And a very symmetrical shark.)

Flash Gordon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

We regret to inform you that the Count is racist

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Crisis loving averted.

Blind Alley

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Doomykins posted:

Considering the art style it's a wonder anyone can tell. Hell, is Tiff significantly heavier than Bets here? If this strip believed in sexuality how many people would really turn their nose up at her and go "ugh, what a heffer!"?

Anyway Tiff's incredible burden is that she is working a full time job and full time college courses except at any moment she can live in her family's mansion protected by their money. It's respectable she wants to be independent of that but a little hollow, especially with whinging about high school "power."

I understand that it can vary from day to day (like the colourist loving up and making Bets white just a couple days ago) but in previous strips it's obvious that Tiff isn't the stick she'd been for, I dunno, the first 25 years of circulation, so I was curious when that change happened

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
S'funny because she's the same size as Bets and Bets is a cosplay influencer, or a gal nerds look at and go woooaaaahhhhh.

There's Steph who is the stick like Tiff used to be and the primary fat shamed but maybe she's smart enough to tell Tiff is trying to coach her boyfriend.

Luann is like two steps away at all times from almost being decent.

Good on Big Nate! Terrible friends, good writing!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Aces High posted:

I understand that it can vary from day to day (like the colourist loving up and making Bets white just a couple days ago) but in previous strips it's obvious that Tiff isn't the stick she'd been for, I dunno, the first 25 years of circulation, so I was curious when that change happened

It looks like it was 2017. They did a plot where Tiff was depressed about her dad getting a new girlfriend. She ended up refusing to leave her dorm room and stuffing herself with junk food, and she's been heavy ever since.

(I found the strips in question on what appears to be a wiki for weight gain fetishists, so you will forgive me if I don't link to them.)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

IIRC Tiffany went through a period of being totally withdrawn in her own private dorm room and when we finally saw her again she was drawn a bit more exagerrated than her current form. I think it had to do with her dad getting with Ann Eiffel and not spending as much time with his daughter?

I hate that my brain has dedicated memory space to this instead of something useful

e:fb but confirms that I do in fact remember what happened :negative:

Also I don't normally read Big Nate but this breaking up thing has been really well done. I'm glad they're not listening to their friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 24, 1962)

Comic Strips 2024: Deliciously Wet and Unafraid