Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

It is remarkable how quickly he slipped back into it. It really seems to be the only thing he can write.
He has been doing it since... 2001. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

But what if he was flying the plane straight down into the ground from directly above it when releasing the pea nutsack you disgusting foxbutt?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

What is she doing there, headphones on, an hour ahead of time? And doesn't she have a producer? What kind of show does she host anyway? I know people call in but they just seem to talk about whatever they feel like so that doesn't give many hints.
Probably browsing facebook. But why is her daughter there?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Unpopular opinion, but I prefer new Popeye to the old. Not that the new ones are perfect (I've read all the posts) but at least they are not as insufferable boring and stupid as the old.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 23, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why did someone randomly unplug it?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 6/5/59

"Slidewalks" were a regular feature of science fiction of the era. Robert Heinlein's "The Roads Must Roll" envisioned a system of multiple belts, each one going at slightly higher speeds, so you could easily step from one to the other and be whizzing along at highway speeds once you reached the fastest belt.
That sounds incredible stupid and impractical. How many belts would that require? To make that smooth and a least very mildly accident safe the speed difference would have to be quite small and surely smaller at higher speeds? Also moving standing up at almost highway speeds with nothing to hold on to (I assume there wouldn't be guardrails between the belts if you were supposed to be able to step between them) seems very unpleasant. Not even going to mention what happens if a single person falls or an animal or junk ends up on the belts. I'm probably spending more seconds thinking about it than the bonehead(s) who dreamt up the mess did.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Retail has a guest today.
Ed is looking awfully slim there. Also KILL IT!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Today we learn about the exciting world of drawing perspective.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Archie 6/20-22/49

Why in the world would you look at Archie's paper? He's one of the biggest idiots in the entire school.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

A Frog’s Life

Who could possibly have foreseen that ending coming a million miles away? Certainly not with such a cheerful and utopian setting. The only thing to do is to :frogout: of there and live.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

:lol: Jeremy is going to get his ashes strewn across the globe when a "Space-X" rocket explodes in the atmosphere.
Bold to assume it'd make it that high up before cremation.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Smokey Stover 8/30/59

I quite like the little puns they throw in the panels everywhere. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wouldn't it require deeper harbors and seaports as well?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah... she's definitely going to put her neck on the line for that to keep you around. :roflolmao:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It might be hilarious to watch it attempted however.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

What the hell Hal? All that endless build up and barely even a fart to end it?

Black Feather posted:

I am the one who asked, and yet I regret the knowledge I have gained from these answers.
That's holbrook. :)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Icicle Scarlet O'Neil 2/18-20/43

Hippy is one cold killer.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

I do think this might be the worst dustin yet, since it makes you sort of side with the HOA, when all they deserve is death.
Yeah. They are utter scum. I'm honestly a bit surprised that Ed isn't on the HOA doing their legal stuff for them. Probably because the author isn't in real life...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Alhazred posted:

There's gotta be a point where he realizes
Sadly I do not believe so.

I can't help but wonder what that would actually sound like.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hostile V posted:

You Are Really Doing A poo poo Job At Making Me Like The Independent Rabbit Free State

Is there anyone in that poo poo world who isn't a thief and/or murderer?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/15-17/43

As much as I'm enjoying those two is it really a good idea to do all that preparation undisguised and using their real names? Or are they planning to leave the country afterwards?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is... is she driving around while invisible? :stare:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I didn't know Josh's sister worked at Delman's.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j6_Wp-zO34
(I honestly don't know what a polka sounds like, that song seems a bit slow?)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

FINGERPORI

Alright, there's layers to this poo poo today.

The Finnish original was "kaduilla on petollisen liukas", which literally means "the streets are deceptively slippery", which doesn't explain why there's a giant kaiju slipping and falling on someone's house. But while "petollinen" is deceptive, "pedollinen" is beastly. Now of course there's a difference between T and D, even in Finnish, and here we have to notice that the kaiju was saying "aagh, voi rähmä" in the original. "Voi rähmä" (which is literally 'oh, eye boogers', but is just a very mild expletive) was something of a catchphrase of Pertti "Spede" Pasanen, a legendary Finnish comedian. One staple of his comedy was replacing Ds in words with Ts, and vice versa. His comedy also frequently featured people falling over things.

Yes, it doesn't take much to entertain us Finns.

So if we apply the Spede rule, then petollinen/pedollinen works.

And here is Spede himself.

Man I love Fingerpori. And that gif was perfect for the post. :allears:

On first glance I thought the lizard monster thing was complaining that it had injured its nuts on one of the buildings.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

goatface posted:

Diagonal across the Pyrenees is a choice for a road.
Half the journey will be uphill and half the journey will be downhill so on average it's completely flat. :downs:

Poil fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 5, 2024

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 3/27/60

Or you could just use a freaking airport bus. But that might be too simple and functional for braindamaged tech bros.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Such war crimes are just plain medieval. :stare:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cassius kinda looks like his dad would as a child.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You don't need to read him, he's showing you all of his cards.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Dang, y'all have to do that too, huh? Somehow I thought maybe you Europeans managed to dodge the clock switching nonsense.
Who do you think came up with it?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

No Fingerpori today because of Easter but here's a bonus from the past:

For non-Europeans, Dr Oetker is a popular frozen pizza manufacturer over here.

It's... edible... if you're hungry enough.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Maybe it's the concentrated dose but it feels like Pondus has gotten worse about...

... everything it's doing.
Oh absolutely so. It settled in as a gross zombie strip.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Sometimes you don't even need to make an edit.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

thisusedyet posted:

You actually do pick up on that - I used to do my homework on the bus ride home, learned when to hold off writing for a second so a pothole wouldn't make me scribble all over the page
Or you're sitting directly above the rear right tire and as the bus turns right in an intersection you happen to glance downwards and see a pile of snow and ice beneath the window and the driver is cutting the corner. Next thing you know you're lying on the floor in the aisle hurting all over.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Requiem for a Gorilla 6/24-26/43

If he's smart why don't they rely on him doing tricks and stuff instead of acting ferocious?

Tiggum posted:

Couldn't bear to shoot him so we'll drown him instead. :psyduck:
Actively holding a gun aimed at him and firing would probably be more difficult than to just push the wagon towards a deep pond. Even if they know the outcome will be the same it doesn't feel the same. Shooting would probably be more "humane", if that word could even apply in any way.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It is the spice that enriches the thread. Like a single grain of black pepper added into a big pot after turning into its "tough" biker alter ego.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Strontium posted:

Legend of Bill

It's kinda impressive how dull, stupid, uninteresting and mildly offensive that crap manages to be so consistently. I assume it's currently trying to be dramatic and mysterious but all I feel is boredom. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Casually elbow showing a child to the concrete ground, keep on walking.

I quite like the facial expressions in Garfield. It's just enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

:getin: vs :frogout: