Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Hello new thread! Let's get started with the carnage!

Scary Gary :drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

:kingsley:

POST MORE

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

I don't claim to know a lot about the UN, but I would assume one would not need to have bodyguards inside it?!

Also wearing the crown is tacky. :colbert:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Howard Beale posted:

My cat Autolycus passed away today, a nine-year-old clown prince who had baseball mitts for paws and made friends with everyone he met. He had advanced kidney disease but was a fighter; he lived three years longer than anyone thought he would. Last month before Christmas he relapsed and my wife and I turned our home into a cat hospice. His vet gave him three days and he grabbed three weeks instead, and we made those three weeks as comfortable for him as possible. He was himself right up to the end, which came mercifully quickly when it did. We love the little guy, always will, and miss him terribly, achingly, completely.

I've had a very long day involving a lot of veterinary logistics and crying, and just now checked SA.

Oh, Lupin.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a very lucky cat to be so loved by such awesome people.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Holbrook's characters are all just as smug and self-satisfied as Batiuk's (I know this isn't exactly a new revelation but god, one can only take so much, and also someone should do a creative edit with all those backward-pointing thumb gestures he loves so much).

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

BSS: Bisexual Super Son › Comic Strips 2024: Look kid, they all play "Sweet Caroline" eventually

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

(The caption for this one is the motto on the banner)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

People who retain control of the TV while sleeping deserve to be kicked out a window.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Hippocrass posted:

Gasoline Alley(September 29, 30, 1919)

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > BSS: Bisexual Super Son > Comic Strips 2024: There's always a flock of knockers

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Doomykins posted:

"My contact should be interesting."

Author brings back one of the only 4 side characters in the strip, again. Zzzzzz.

:lol:

I forget, what's his beef with her again?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Hippocrass posted:

Krazy Kat(December 15, 1913)

Wikipedia" posted:

Horace Fletcher (August 10, 1849 – January 13, 1919) was an American food faddist who earned the nickname "The Great Masticator" for his argument that food should be chewed thoroughly until liquefied before swallowing: "Nature will castigate those who don't masticate." He made elaborate justifications for this claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Fletcher

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I love the timelessness of the kitchen junk drawer.

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Ravenson posted:

God forbid newspaper readers be exposed to comics that are actually funny. Let's just rerun the same old dude's comics forever!

Depressing isn't it, the grip that old white Boomer men still have on society in unexpected ways....I'm not saying all the cartoonists are old white Boomer men, but the intended audience definitely is.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

What a charming message. "She hates you? No matter; you're still entitled to a relationship with her, or at least the appearance of one! Hyuk hyuk."

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Not all feral horses are sold for meat when they're rounded up, if that's what Mark Trail is trying to imply. Plenty get adopted:

https://www.blm.gov/programs/wild-horse-and-burro/adoptions-and-sales

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

Spectickles

I might pick this one up as well; thoughts? For some reason the art reminds of the old Herman strips a little.

Spectickles, a cartoon primarily about a married couple with, to put it mildly, communication challenges, is an amalgamation of physical traits that author Bill Abbott finds humorous: the deadpan expression and gravity-tugged flesh of Walter Matthau, the powerful presence of Ethel Merman, the glasses of his great-grand-parents and a host of other subtleties.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I love how he says "There's the hospital now", like it just tiptoed into view.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://www.instagram.com/danschkade/

I refuse to call it X; if Muskmelonhead wants to deadname his own kid, I'll deadname his stupid platform.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

Spectickles

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Strontium, please do what's right for yourself. :glomp:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

In addition to everything this story is handling well, this negotiation about "do we really need to do surgery?" also feels very real. Completely different level of seriousness, of course, but I'm currently dealing with a wisdom tooth that decided to come in for my 50th birthday and I've been having similar conversations with my dentist.

You can tell this is fiction because a gynecologist actually cares whether something hurt. (what, me traumatized?!)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Caption It!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

How the gently caress did this make it into print in TYOOL 2024?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTf16lBI2T0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

If I didn't know better I'd think nu-Trail was written by a kid who has no idea how the adult work actually works but is going to give it a try anyway.