Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
Well, as promised:

Pancho Jueves posted:

Luann

Luann is arguably the worst part of Luann. Once about high schoolers, now about college students who act like high schoolers, with only one walking pose to be shared among all characters.

I think it's more accurate to say it was once about middle schoolers, then it was about high schoolers who acted like middle schoolers, and now it's about college students who act like, at best, startlingly immature high schoolers. The art criticism is extremely on point!

quote:

Take It From The Tinkersons

One of the more divisive strips in the rotation, readers will either love it for its gags or hate it for its artwork.

Hey, I hate it for its artwork and its weirdly stilted language. Does occasionally land a good joke though.

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

Okay, this gimmick could be a lot of fun.

Said "oh hell yeah" out loud when I saw this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Mousetrapped

Okay I've tried to give it some time, but what is the point of this strip. Is it to prove that you can do something even less interesting with public domain properties than lazy horror adaptations? Perhaps I'm being uncharitable or impatient but so far it's not saying anything meaningful about, or doing anything meaningful with, early Disney characters, it's just yet another group of interchangeable talking heads wandering around saying Milholland Dialogue at each other.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

fuckin lmao. literally just "magic box shut up"

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

yeah everyone else already said it and they were right, this comic rules

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

You have my sword.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

How to write a Holbrook tech joke

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

A just and deserved punishment for standing around thinking boring exposition to yourself. Good comic.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Pooch Cafe

Laughed out loud at this one.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Kevin and Kell are coming! Kevin and Kell are coming!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah you guys kind of had it made--it's too bad your universe is ruled by cruel and spiteful gods who seem to believe that having fun is a sin.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I don't get this one either. :confused:

A goofy rhyme; not much more than that to get.

Tiggum posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about Crankshaft there are cash registers in every shop. :confused:

Presumably he means old-school mechanical cash registers like the one pictured, though it is of course unclear why in particular they are to be valued other than "that's how things used to be".

Tiggum posted:

Maybe it's me, because this is the third comic today I just don't understand. :confused:

It does tend to be you, but I think the idea here is that you will continue to age and thus grow (especially if you are a child) even while time traveling, so if you spend too long between leaving the present moment and returning to it, you will have visibly changed.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

The new volume of Haraiso Days dropped the other day too. Sadly, we’ll have to wait a few chapters before we can see Japanese Siskel and Ebert getting into a fistfight, so look forward to that, but let’s get into it!

hell yes more Haraiso Days!!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

someone awful. posted:

yeah i sure hate when people talk about the comics, that are being posted, in the comics thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Vargo posted:

Heart of the City

Steenz is by no means as incompetent a cartoonist as Jules Rivera but I still can't get over how they seem to be unable to depict the kids' parents as appearing more than like five years older than the kids.