Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Demons stresses me out. I've been expecting for a while that Planck was going to pitch again at some climactic point but I guess we're not getting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Medenmath posted:

I love Q-Rais' stuff so much.

Vintage Valiant (May 28, 1961)

When I saw the art I thought this was his perfidious Greek friend from decades of strips ago. Slith? That guy ruled.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm finding it charming (and entirely coincidental) that the Val story abou the two handsome young men who are opposites (one serious and one very very gay and greek) and become instant best friends for the rest of their lives when they meet is using rainbow title lettering.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Medenmath posted:

So it looks like the whole bit with Taloon back in 2017 ran from April 23 to October 22. There's a lot so I'm linking them rather than using thumbnails:

Apr 23
Apr 30
May 7
May 14
May 21
May 28
Jun 4
Jun 11
Jun 18
Jun 25
Jul 2
Jul 9
Jul 16
Jul 23
Jul 30
Aug 6
Aug 13
Aug 20
Aug 27
Sep 3
Sep 10
Sep 17
Sep 24
Oct 1
Oct 8
Oct 13
Oct 22

Or here's the Imgur album, if you have a better idea than I of how to make Imgur show you files in the order you want:

http://imgur.com/a/9r4A9gX

thank you

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

someone awful. posted:

yeah, i kind of prefer it this way? maybe i'm a grouch but i don't think crabgrass is great at doing that kind of hyper-whimsical.

I like that occasionally the stories just become pathologically weird, particularly that it's not apparent how deep things will go at the outset of any given story.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tiggum posted:

Can anyone explain this one? I don't get it.

I think the joke is that she fell asleep with the radio on and dreamed that she was at the symphony (high class, elegant, sophisticated, cultured) but is horrified upon awaking to find that the music that she was enjoying so much had been the whole time merely the radio (popular, sophomoric, juvenile, puerile).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I miss demons of baseball just sayin'.

It's in my top 3 of narrative strips that have been posted in this thread, tied with Blueberry after Prince Valiant.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tiggum posted:

Was it actually a thing that doctors 100 years ago would just not tell their patients they had a medical condition? And sometimes tell other people (eg. spouses) but not the patient? Because it comes up a lot in fiction but seems completely insane to me from a modern perspective.

That bird is into some sick poo poo.

OK so the tilde is the ~ thing above the n in jalapeņo, but what does it mean that he's accidentally used a "jalapeno" (no tilde)? I don't know if this is a bad, nonsensical joke or if I'm missing something.

Actually, yes. Until the 1950s, before the development of modern theories of palliative care and hospice, the prevailing medical guideline was to be evasive about untreatable terminal diagnoses out of concern that the distress would make everything worse and possibly lead to patient suicide.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aces High posted:

back in September, I decided to read Luann from the start (because it was one of the first dailies I read as a kid, but that was already in the late 90s/early 00s, so I was curious how it started) and honestly? Brad's always been a dumbass

Is this a self harm post

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Even though this would burn the umbrella I like this comic

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TBF to Luann the only mistake that I see in their plan is that they should be charging 50,000 and targeting VC failsons with it instead of 500 and targeting college students. Nothing else needs to be changed. They can just call it brA(i)ndle.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

and yes still 100 times better than any of the degroot stories we will have to endure in a week or two

i was so pumped when this came across the patreon feed. this arc is going places

My favorite aspect of crabgrass is not so much the wild stories but the way he loving commits to them and goes deeeeep

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BigglesSWE posted:

Ballard Street

Ballard street doing a realist comic about my actual dog

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Val better get that pilgrimage to trace its steps backward and fix the villages that it trashed

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I find Holbrook's comics tedious and repulsive on both visual and narrative levels, but I just scroll past them. My only complaint is that it's a gigantic blob of image to scroll past every time. I would be happy if they were timged

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This strip has very slowly but steadily become one of my favourites in the thread.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Boyce is even bad at explaining things that he think are his explanations. Bless him.

"English" is just spin, as in when you strike the cue ball left or right of centre to manipulate the way it interacts with other balls on the table.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Medenmath posted:

While Foster colored Thorg's hair brown yesterday, today we get a different impression. I wonder if Horrit is still alive?

Vintage Valiant (Dec. 23, 1962)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EasyEW posted:

Never forget the only reason Marmaduke's in the strip is because he hijacked his wife's interest in the surface world. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten, Jitterbug. :patriot:

Mutts

as a dog foster dad I'm in this strip and I don't like it