Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Hoo boy, another year, another thread! You love to see it!

I have taken it upon myself to post the delightfully zany Ballard Street by retired cartoonist Jerry van Amerongen. It's a one-panel gag strip that highlights the lives and adventures of the elderly denizens in (what we assume is) Ballard Street. van Amerongen hasn't provided any contextual clues for us; recurring characters are very rare, but certain themes can be discerned (such as obsessive love for your dog, or a benign willingness to teach your surroundings about pulley systems). It's crazy, it makes no sense, but I love it for its nonjudgmental attitude to the people it depicts.

I try to post it once a week. Since van Amerongen is retired, all strips are reruns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The_Other posted:

Steeple 20: Extreme Freaks Title Drop...

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

“Most arcane subreddits” made me chuckle.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Cat deaths are the absolute worst. A Youtube cat I've been following for a while (Butters) died yesterday. gently caress you world, cats are too good for you.

Have some Ballard Street to brighten your day.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

This seems... fine, actually? Not amazing or anything, but if Lynn has a creative outlet that isn't just revisionist personal history, that's a good step.

Yeah I don’t mind this. Looks innocent enough. Nothing groundbreaking but hey.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

:allears:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Jesus Christ Crankshaft.

IIRC the nurse in the original photograph was identified and she’s gone on record about the thing, and her take was essentially “I’ll allow it”. But yeeesh

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Thanks for listening to me and not wanting to turn it about yourself Bernice I….you want to turn it about yourself don’t you?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Have some Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

Let Edward live his life.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

Holy poo poo I've never felt more doxxed in my life

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Hulk Hogan is a plugger confirmed.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I find it very endearing how Bizarro is hell bent on drawing every conceivable pun in existence.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Not to toot my own posts, but this week's heap of Ballard Street includes some bangers.

Look at that happy dog!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

TampaTango posted:

Calling it now: One gets past the goalie.

I'm gonna call something else, in the long term:

They end up adopting a child instead; that way the Evanses' don't have to invoke that icky grown-up hugging more than they already do.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballard Street

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

imagine if Dustin did that to her.

actually, has Dustin ever been nasty or unsupportive to anyone in his family? or at all?

I’m sure it has happened but in general he’s remarkably chill and nice to his surroundings considering how much spiteful poo poo he’s bombarded with for no discernible reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Boy howdy, finishing up a thesis takes up a lot of mental energy. My posts have fallen behind big time, I'll just give you some highlights of the first half of April, and the last half will come later. But for now, a welcome return to Ballard Street!