Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Jughead really is a total troll but I love him. And Veronica is so nice to invite him to dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Copper Ma, refusing to get owned, by killing Planck in front of hundreds of live witnesses.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean Rene will wake up and not be a con artist anymore? Being hit by a bus meant the little girl lost her genius.

The Flash Gordon reminds me of that goon Photoshop of Jane's World where one of the girls went back on a time-jump to try and save some historical hottie and ended up with her time-machine destroyed, which rippled through reality and wrecked a bunch of stuff. It was actually done really well and with just the comic panels out of order.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
you know, of all the old jobs we see in the old strips, elevator operator is the one that makes me wonder the most. was there something super difficult with the button system? was it on a pulley system back then?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Valiant: You know, it was getting too quiet around here, I haven't killed anyone in like two days.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
wait.

copper ma was not owned in the end. and planck and maggie just went crazy together?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Howard Beale posted:

My cat Autolycus passed away today, a nine-year-old clown prince who had baseball mitts for paws and made friends with everyone he met. He had advanced kidney disease but was a fighter; he lived three years longer than anyone thought he would. Last month before Christmas he relapsed and my wife and I turned our home into a cat hospice. His vet gave him three days and he grabbed three weeks instead, and we made those three weeks as comfortable for him as possible. He was himself right up to the end, which came mercifully quickly when it did. We love the little guy, always will, and miss him terribly, achingly, completely.

I've had a very long day involving a lot of veterinary logistics and crying, and just now checked SA.

Oh, Lupin.

Damnit dude I'm sorry. This year has been poo poo already.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

There is a literal witch at this wedding, and yet we get this dingdong causing problems instead.

Hey now, Maleficent had every reason to be pissy. She was the only fairy not invited, the other fairies were rude to her, and the king and queen had every chance to apologize and say their invite must have gotten lost, and to beg forgiveness before inviting her to take a proper spot.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ugh no no no gently caress you Zits Dad.

Then again I enjoy timing myself with how fast I can get in and out of Costco. I need X, Y, Z, and some Q. I know usually where they are. Costco is not a 2-3 hour trip of exploring every aisle.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I concur, if you are shopping with another person, and they're up to play Dora the Explorer up and down the aisles, it is a fun time. Hitting a reptile show pre-Covid with my mom was fun. Hitting any other store was hell because she'd want to check half the aisles no matter where we were.

Then again we know how it would play out with Dustin and Ed.

Hwurmp posted:

why and how the gently caress would a snake do kegels

I mean some snakes do have live birth but I sincerely doubt they have the muscles for kegels. Then again I only ever saw smaller boas, sand boas, give birth, and there was no clear pushing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Val: I mean on one hand I want to do more killing.

Flash Gordon is pretty drat amazing but yeah, stupid as gently caress to leave your angry drunk brother who thinks the throne is his alive and free.

edit: best thing to do is kill him, of course, but Good Guys don't do that. so find him some nice island with a ton of sexy servants/guards and whatever he wants, alcohol, games, etc, and give him a life of leisure so he never wants to leave it.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 13, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That last panel in Val made me go "drat" out loud. so beautiful.

and Flash continues to impress. I also like the witch, she's loving this poo poo up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

gently caress it, I'll say it: Randy Mulholland is tumblr smol bean Guy Gilchrist.

Okay not to bait the bear, but has Randy ever sexually harassed someone or redone some strip with religious/Trumpy overtones?

Because I think you need to take that poo poo back.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

It's weird, but I kind of like Angelique. Yeah, she's awful, but she's honest about being a terrible person who does all kinds of poo poo. She comes across better than the supposed good guys and their hypocrisy.

same here. I hate how he draws her though.

honest evil is better than dishonest evil.

she reminds me of anthony's ex in FOOB. the one he forced to have a kid and then was shocked she didn't turn into homebody mommy.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 19, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
drat Flash Gordon is good. Is there a way to let the dude who does it know? Assuming it's one person and a dude.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ukonvasara posted:

fuckin lmao. literally just "magic box shut up"

remember that these are the Good Guys.

and what has the Bad Woman Mouse Rabbit done that they have not?

gently caress, have we seen kell hunting people in the past few years? No? She's so removed from her loving business that she sits behind a desk and her hands are clean! What the gently caress does her business do again? WHO ARE THEY loving HUNTING? are Dewclaw's Fine Meats made up of loving sawdust?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

I'm not sure what Angelique did to deserve such a meanspirited and weirdly personal punishment. Kell's the one who made a deal with RL for her own financial gain, which she immediately reneged on to rat him out to the authorities. Angelique both doesn't know and doesn't care that Kell double-crossed her husband. I'd understand the extent of the Good Guys' actions if Angelique was targeting rabbits out of vengeance, but hers was purely just an impersonal decision made for the sake of profit.

because she is a Bad Person unlike Perfect Kell and her family. And she is married to Bad Dude who does the same poo poo Kell does. And she used to be a rabbit and is now a mouse which makes her bad too, I guess, especially when Bruno went from dog/wolf to sheep and everyone good accepts him.

I imagine Kell's company also hunts rabbits but, you know, Holbrook.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

That's pretty forward of Val to say that. Especially for fiction written in the late 50's/early 60's about a medieval prince.

I'm really enjoying Vintage Valiant. I had had no contact whatsoever with this character and Foster's work until I started to pay attention to these threads and I thank you for that.

i think Val has realized by now sometimes you can't overkill on your problems.

I mean, he had four kids to think about now. He needs to learn some patience.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jughead is a smart cookie.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
perhaps Val recognizes the slave and will help him get revenge? maybe?

and doesn't Angelique stay as a rat after this bullshit? much like the "pray away the gay" camps, trauma doesn't "fix" you.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jughead remains the GOAT.

And hahaha yea for K and K, abusing and loving with someone they know! That is illegal, and they are guilty also because that is totally against how prey animals can defend themselves! And predators like Kell can't try to kill someone they know, like Angelique!

Also, lots of animals are not straight rear end vegans. My mice eat all kinds of poo poo, including veges like carrots and lettuce. Deer and horses can and do eat baby mice. If this was a recent story, I'd be tempted (no I will not touch the DNA poop) to email Holbrook and ask why he's anti-trans in regards to Angelique but if anyone calls Bruno a wolf (note, just calls, doesn't rip his fur off or try to steal his ruminant stomachs), they must be punished!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Guys, maybe we look at Holbrook wrong. Maybe he's actually being held prisoner by some of his characters, like Kell and Dethany( FROM ON THE FASTRACK) or that annoying Lindesfarne/Samantha and they force him to make three strips every day, all day, if he wants a drink of water.

Every night he begs for some good reader to read the HELP ME symbols he's crammed into the comics, into every other comic not to rouse suspicion.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Having established that his characters lives in segregated neighborhoods it's time to imply that a literal lynch mob can show up at any time.

we know this is coming. or at least a protest/riot.

"no predators around our kids!" (which loving makes sense)
"rabbits for rabbiton only!"

"WAIT. RUDY IS AN EASTER RABBIT." *wild cheers and shock from the assembled rabbit protesters*

One of us, one of us!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Lottie was kinda a jerk here, I have to admit it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

I used to at least like looking at the Phantom for the art, even if the story was getting dragged down to Mozz-town. This is just loving atrocious.

are we sure this isn't AI? It is legit weird as gently caress.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, give the Phantom to Holbrook. Make the Phantom a furry dog or whatever, it'll look way better than what it does now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
loving hell Mexikids is awesome.

And ew to Mary Worth. Beyond the obvious, I am grossed out by anything romantic to a partner that indicates thanking their parents for loving and making the person. Probably been down too many true crime poo poo with child brides for me to find that cute. Or in Mary Worth, hey, estranged dad, thanks for knocking up my mom and being such a poo poo she ran away before you knew she was pregnant!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

You are a pork chop, Ed.

HEY.

Some pork chops are juicy and most people love pork chops.

No one loves Ed. Not even his dad.

And yeah, the prison dude in Flash is gonna get it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

If you accept that there's meat companies that prey on herbivores to sell product, then it follows that there would be seafood companies that hunt whales.
Heck, it would be more moral by the rules of that world.

And it makes sense since whales don't wear clothes, so they are all considered wild and able to be hunted!

Logic, it's not just for Shockwave anymore.

Echoing the "TAKE YOUR BABY TO THE loving DOCTOR" for WAR, and holy poo poo I am surprised they ran this again in FOOB .

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The lady in Val should meet up with Blueberry and they can end all wars of the west together!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Doomykins posted:

Ah yeah this is Scary Go Round really hitting its stride. :3:

Good ol' Dinkle, always endangering children for personal gain by stealing their free will.

Kidnaps the most amazing scientist in the setting, creates a gadget that can beat loving Popeye in a fight, builds an evil mountain lair modeled after his own face.

But what I really need to get my evil plans started is some starting capital so I can begin building my power base to make more money?

have you ever seen how the mighty Monarch does his evil plans?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"You don't have the skill, experience or demeanor to be the assistant manager"

lol, and while I'm at it, lmao to say that it takes any "skill" or "experience" to be a retail manager like Josh.

if anything Josh would be promoted to assistant manager, and then manager at the next new opening, not because he is good at his job, but, Lesson of Life, he has sucked up to the DM and is a good simp to him.

had Retail not ended, at some point he would have become DM over Marla while Stuart moved up in corporate. unless Josh got there first.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Weembles posted:

I might be misremembering the last run of Retail, but didn't Josh leave to go work at Delman's?

i think so. but realistically had he stayed at Grumbles, he would have been way up the corp ladder before Marla made DM.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TyrsHTML posted:

Considering the rabbit and wolf had a kid. its probably some dumb thing about Corrie being a clone.

Then that would be perfect because the baby could come out as a human with ram horns!

SCIENCE.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

He's like some sort of corrupted-genie-wish CMOT Dibbler, whose get rich quick schemes always work just never for him

That is oddly accurate and I love that.

Thank you again for posting Blueberry, Samovar! Corto is good too but Blueberry is awesome.

Ohmed, you better tell Val. First about the revenge you want. And add in the thief assistant during it. Val is all about revenge!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ed, when is the last time you flew? Because back when you were a toddler, were there actual meals on planes?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Giant Ethicist posted:

Is “you lose your appetite in summer” just a Japan thing? I can’t remember hearing it before I came here, but it’s just a completely accepted bit of conventional wisdom here so I have no idea how accurate or widespread the idea is.

I remember it being a zookeeper thing here in AZ. The head curator hit me up when I was doing food prep and told me that in summer months, the mammals ate less but reptiles ate more, and converse in the cooler months.

I kinda wish the Mary Worth thing would end up with her not only not being his daughter, but the whole thing a scam.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

He's gonna test Sonia's DNA without her knowledge? What a good guy.

i didn't even think of that, and i should have. what a loving dick.

Mercury Hat posted:

i'm just obsessed with the moral code of these other gangsters and purveyors of vice who won't beat a man just because he's got no legs

look man, professionals got standards!

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 6, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
it was probably different it being Japan and pre 2004, but when I nannied and the baby needed formula, it took like 2 minutes to make the poo poo up, and that includes shaking the poo poo up. Thawing frozen breastmilk took longer. And sometimes when mom was home to nurse, it took the longest because the baby couldn't get comfy, kept getting distracted, etc.

But of course WAR has the stance that breast is the only good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

i think it's more just that the woman is clearly in the midst of a crisis and struggling to accomplish anything.

and what kind of mom would our protag be if she didn't judge her because "she didn't even try to watch my baby for me" and "formula takes so long to make?" and "everyone else was breastfeeding?" Like good moms should! Feels like something FOOB Mom would mutter under her breath.

I shouldn't be so hard on her. At least she's actually at the doctor, even if she will write off most of what she's told because "mom knows best." And yeah doctors get it wrong, they're not perfect, but after Covid, and gently caress, even before, the surge of anti-vax when it comes to measles and mumps because "vaccines cause autism!" bullshit, I have low tolerance for it. Just as my coworker blames the Covid vaccine for another coworker getting Covid; never mind he never masks and is a loving Uber driver and has had a cough/hacking up his lungs for weeks.

Breast is not best, formula is not best, FED IS BEST.

on the other hand, double ugh to Mary Worth. He's really going to get a paternity test swap done on a can of root beer, isn't he.