Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The refs hosed up again and they overturned Calvert-Lewin's red card in the FA Cup.

Reminder that the tackle was not whistled for a foul on the pitch but VAR decided it should be a red card.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/09/everton-win-appeal-against-dominic-calvert-lewin-red-card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*sighs, goes to reset 'days since VAR fuckup' sign*

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
A worse tackle than the one Curtis Jones got sent off for, which, incidentally, wasn’t overturned. These people.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Should we make a thread to bet how many matches Thiago ends up playing this season?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Two games of immaculate midfield control followed by a lot of "Liverpool Finally Find Missing Piece" commentary, followed by a muscle injury during warmup of the third game.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BBC say 3 weeks and we've got Fulham (Carabao), Bournemouth (PL), Fulham (Carabao), Bristol (FA Cup) and Chelsea (PL) in that time frame. Conor Bradley will hold it down, we'll be fine.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Pooshited should fire ETH and hire Jesse Marsch

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

genuinely think TAA is Liverpools most important and least replaceable player. This might hurt them a bit.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Where does TAA even play for Liverpool at the moment? Is he in midfield like a mix between a 6 and an 8 or something?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Right sided wingback who drifts inside a bunch when in possession - when defending he'll mostly be on the right-hand side of the back 4.

It's extremely fluid though.

you can watch people overexplain it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnI0Hm6a_jk

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dravs posted:

Where does TAA even play for Liverpool at the moment? Is he in midfield like a mix between a 6 and an 8 or something?

He's a right back out of possession and then drifts inside to be a deep-lying midfield playmaker in possession

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

He's a right back out of possession and then drifts inside to be a deep-lying midfield playmaker in possession

Read this as “a right back out of position,” still accurate

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

:hmmyes:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dravs posted:

false 2

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Shrapnig posted:

lol same

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

using this from now on thank you very much

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
He is quite good, just not as a defender, especially with the high line Liverpool play

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Why haven’t we thought of this before

False 2/3 makes sense

Or just bring back the W-M terminology

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sven-Goran Eriksson has terminal cancer. I just assumed he'd carry on getting paid lots of money to take on random national team jobs forever :(

Carrier
May 12, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Sven-Goran Eriksson has terminal cancer. I just assumed he'd carry on getting paid lots of money to take on random national team jobs forever :(

:( sucks poo poo. He was an iconic part of my formative footballing years

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ah gently caress

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
From Dietmar Hamann’s book

quote:

‘One morning I was on a sun lounger by the pool when I saw Sven walking towards me carrying a silver tray with a bottle of champagne and two glasses on it. It was still only ten o’clock in the morning…Sven came over and put the champagne on the table next to me, then placed one glass in front of me and the other by his lounger. I looked up and said, ‘Boss, what are we celebrating?’…He turned to me and smiled that gentle smile of his and took on the air of a Buddhist philosopher as he said, ‘Life, Kaiser.’ Then after pausing for dramatic effect, ‘We are celebrating…life.’

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Mickolution posted:

From Dietmar Hamann’s book

This is what I tell my kids as I open my morning can of special brew.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Sven had an excellent innings.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Very lovely news, I always pictured Sven in my head as somebody that would just be around coaching random national teams like the Philippines and England forever.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

sticksy posted:

He is quite good, just not as a defender, especially with the high line Liverpool play

He's very good as a defender and Liverpool currently have the best defensive record in the league

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

mila kunis posted:

He's very good as a defender and Liverpool currently have the best defensive record in the league

well, you can prove anything with facts

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

well, you can prove anything with facts

Rafa was right

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1746626203203563686

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ten more points!
Ten more points!
Ten more points!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Luton and Burnley loving crying tears of joy for FFP rules.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol if the season that finally sends Everton down is the one where they've been playing infinitely better than the previous three years

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Everton is going to complete two full rounds of ffp prosecution before city gets a ruling.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the trick to crimes is just do them in such an insane volume that it takes forever to process

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Which PL club will be the first to try having an affiliated terror cell

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Other than Arsenal?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bin Laden was just a fan

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Thanks Ants posted:

Bin Laden was just a fan

Second worst fan ever, after Piers Morgan

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Bin Laden was just a fan

Allegedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Impossible to take it seriously.

They should both just issue a press release saying “lol, gently caress off”.

The Premier League have lost control and are just spinning the wheels on any degree of financial regulation. The Man City stuff just provides a laughable footnote to it.

Same with Newcastle saying they can’t spend this month. Why? Who says? Who gives a poo poo? Just call the leagues bluff on it and spend £500m.