Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah the only way I consume hockey is next day so I can skip through the bullshit and slam down a game in 40 minutes, so there being no way to do that with the PWHL is a big bummer for me.

e: I assume people like me are exactly why they stopped putting full games on their channel after the first week or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny Nox posted:

Is there a place I can watch games after the fact? TSN and the PWHL youtube channel have nothing (one game, technically)

The game replays are unlisted on YouTube after the game is over for some reason, but they stay up. You can generally find the links on the /r/PWHL subreddit.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Count Thrashula posted:

Oh weird, the YouTube channel has all the games. Wonder if they signed some sort of deal with a network?

They do have a deal to air/stream games with the CBC in Canada, but I doubt the CBC would be being exclusivity dicks about this.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Arivia posted:

They do have a deal to air/stream games with the CBC in Canada, but I doubt the CBC would be being exclusivity dicks about this.

They are indeed being exclusivity dicks about it. The youtube feeds aren't supposedly available in Canada.

quote:

All subsequent PWHL regular-season games are available to Canadian viewers on coverage divided across TSN, CBC, and Sportsnet which includes linear television and streaming on TSN+, CBC Gem, ca, the CBC Sports app, and Sportsnet+. Additional games will be announced pending NHL and AHL playoff schedules.

All PWHL games will be streamed on the league’s YouTube channel and available outside of Canada.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Jhet posted:

They are indeed being exclusivity dicks about it. The youtube feeds aren't supposedly available in Canada.

Which is weird because I'm in the US and don't see them on YouTube!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Count Thrashula posted:

If you are in I think Boston and Minneapolis , they have local broadcasts so you won’t get them on YouTube. Not sure about NY.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

You can still find them on YT if you search for PWHL playlist or PWHL Games ie https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1-oHdTsuJrYG-KJ9n466Ov_Ot9aapd2Z&si=bHTYfJIZ3wykWUVr

Looks like the games aren't actually geoblocked (at least in Canada), they just made it a pain to find .

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Duckman2008 posted:

If you are in I think Boston and Minneapolis , they have local broadcasts so you won’t get them on YouTube. Not sure about NY.

Philly :saddowns:

We already have bad hockey, don't do this to us too.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Count Thrashula posted:

I agree. It’s been very frustrating to try to find the games. But at least you can get links to them from r/pwhl.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Going to the Ottawa Boston game tonight. Hoping for an Ottawa win so I can do the thunder clap

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

If you watch the live broadcast a tiny bit then the link for the unlisted replay will stay in your youtube history, which I've been using to share games with friends that miss particularly good ones. That youtube playlist linked above looks to have all the games too though, so I'm saving that just in case.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

You can still find them on YT if you search for PWHL playlist or PWHL Games ie https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1-oHdTsuJrYG-KJ9n466Ov_Ot9aapd2Z&si=bHTYfJIZ3wykWUVr

Looks like the games aren't actually geoblocked (at least in Canada), they just made it a pain to find .

:iia: thanks so much for this

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Duckman2008 posted:

MSG airs them in NY

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

In today's OTT/BOS game I saw the Youtube chat admin mention they're working to try and restore the VODs, though it's hard to believe they didn't unlist them intentionally.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

They probably have to unlist them for some dumb licensing reason that they're trying to sort out. The PWHL youtube chat admin seems great, I see them shitpost in the chat sometimes

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
First PWHL suspension! 1 game for a hit to the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBtyL4s9TfQ

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/27/womens-hockey-suspension/f71cef6e-bd6c-11ee-b176-fe5fd794e716_story.html

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What a horrible, and at the same time great looking, hit.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Specifically, the trademarked names were: Toronto Torch, Montreal Echo, Ottawa Alert, Minnesota Superior, Boston Wicked and New York Sound 

You can see why they didn't follow through on this.

Jerseys are also trash quality for silly prices but the on-ice product is phenomenal so far, streaming every game is great, and the production quality is excellent. I was worried when they dropped the ball so comically on the early marketing but they've nailed what matters.

Also loving losers for not having "Riveters" anywhere there despite players pushing for it. Thanks fun police.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This poo poo rules and is going to be the only hockey I follow ever again

The excitement is infectious

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
they just announced some neutral site games in Detroit and Pittsburgh, which is great since I can see them in person here in Detroit!

https://twitter.com/thepwhlofficial/status/1754958708713357602

https://twitter.com/thepwhlofficial/status/1754962891097153570

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I may try to finagle a trip to Pittsburgh for that game

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Nice now come to the good side of PA

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Count Thrashula posted:

Nice now come to the good side of PA

I grew up in Pennsyltucky but now live in eastern PA and therefore know that it's a trick, there is no good side of PA

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Hey, didn't realize there was a PWHL thread. The girlfriend and I have been trying to watch as many Toronto games as we can and its been great. I tried to get tickets to the upcoming game at Scotiabank Arena, and I missed the presale by 15 minutes and the general sale by an hour and both times there were no tickets left. Sucks for me, but it's awesome that demand is so high.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/thepwhlofficial/status/1756824610954227860?s=20

https://theathletic.com/5268330/2024/02/11/pwhl-boston-minnesota-trade/?source=user_shared_article PWHL Boston and Minnesota complete blockbuster deal in league’s first trade

They actually did a trade this year , very surprising.

Jaques, 23, was the 10th overall pick in the inaugural PWHL Draft and was signed to a 3-year deal by Boston. Jaques was outstanding at Ohio State University, scoring 156 points in 172 games. Jaques won the Patty Kazmaier Award, given to the best player in the nation, last season. In 2021-22, Jaques had one of the most productive seasons for a defender in NCAA history with 59 points — the second-most single-season points by a true defender — en route to a national championship.

Notably, there were no draft picks moved in the deal. According to a league press release back in August, “there will be no draft picks traded until at least the completion of the 2023-24 season.”

According to the CBA, a player traded to another team must report to that new team within 48 hours. After reporting to their new team, the player will be allowed two consecutive days off to “organize their affairs.” Additionally, players shall be reimbursed for reasonable expenses necessarily incurred in relocating to new markets.

That includes reimbursement of up to $2,500 in reasonable relocation expenses; reasonably adequate and appropriate temporary lodging expenses, Per diem and a rental car or alternate transportation (i.e. Uber) for up to 14 days. As well as all coach airfare. The full CBA is available online.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Natalie Spooner is the best. Confirmed. Hat trick today.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Apple’s new sports app (spoiler alert: not ready for prime time) has got me evaluating what other sports apps I use and seeing if there’s a better one out there. Aside from the NHL, the PWHL is the only thing I’d be interested in following. Do any of the sports apps out there recognize the PWHL yet and have things like standings, box scores, schedules, etc?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Apple’s new sports app (spoiler alert: not ready for prime time) has got me evaluating what other sports apps I use and seeing if there’s a better one out there. Aside from the NHL, the PWHL is the only thing I’d be interested in following. Do any of the sports apps out there recognize the PWHL yet and have things like standings, box scores, schedules, etc?

The Score and SportsNet apps have a PWHL option but they link back to the PWHL site for standings and stats. The PWHL sections of
TSN.ca and SportsNet.ca also link back to thePWHL.com for everything other than their own news and videos so it could be that the league doesn't have the APIs set up yet.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I saw a post on reddit quoting from the makers of theScore app saying basically that, the APIs are too lacking for them to bother with yet.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Was watching the game live on tv last night and the mrs. sat down, watched some, and got instantly hooked. Now she wants us to go to a game. :toot:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Today’s Toronto-Montreal game has been awesome. Some good fighting, and at one point Montreal had four players in the box!

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

lol yeah it’s been great. Not even the third period yet!

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
It's been an awesome game. Hey, did Montreal change their jerseys to these pinkish ones? I thought they used to have more cream coloured ones.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Was watching the game the other night and apparently yelled "What the gently caress are you doing!?!" as the wife walked in....

She bemusedly noted that I'm clearly an equal-opportunity fan.

And then she surprised me with tickets to a game in April. :dance:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I wish they'd come anywhere near Texas. The closest we get I guess is Minnesota.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Actual meaningful suspensions? Did someone get to George Parros? What is going on in this league?!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

PWHL in Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon was the best time I've had at a hockey game in a long time. The pens are ok, but give that arena to the ladies.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Pwhl is cool and good. Going to a Minnesota game with my wife soon yay

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm very jealous of PWHL attendees. Preparing myself to slam buy tickets when they inevitably announce an out of market game to the west coast for next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

corgski posted:

PWHL in Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon was the best time I've had at a hockey game in a long time. The pens are ok, but give that arena to the ladies.

I'm so jealous.