Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

https://www.threads.net/@lukethomasnews/post/C2amzU0pT2j/
Maybe not the most efficient way to learn:
- the UFC censored Makhachev’s message of Palestinian solidarity out of a rebroadcast, and ESPN/Disney just let it happen
- there were LGB chants at Toronto, lol

a right wing freeze peach advocate going "free speech! but not like that!" is one of the least surprising things on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://x.com/BloodyElbow/status/1750004433109307503?s=20

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Having finally finished the 4hr TUF saga supercut wow does Dana ever look like poo poo.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Huh? At what weight?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Who against whom?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Brut posted:

Huh? At what weight?

135 according to ESPN

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Surprised at the reign lengths for Leon and Volk

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Rags to Liches posted:

135 according to ESPN

Wow that's not even one of the options I had in mind, wtf. Wasn't she saying a couple years ago that she can't even comfortably make 145?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

Huh? At what weight?

ugh gross, at least it'll be on the prelims and I can go make snacks and or buy beer instead of having to sit through Holy Holm in tyool 2024.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm genuinely shocked they aren't making that fight for the vacant women's 145 belt. Like, yeah, they don't give a poo poo about that division, but we're at a point where they have multiple BMF title fights a year now, they still have people like Norma Dumont and Karol Rosa on the roster that would be happy to fight there, and it would finally fulfill their endless mission to get another loving belt on Holly Holm, so making Kayla go down to 135 is just weird.

I mean, it's not weird, they're panicking about how they have absolutely no one at women's 135 to promote because they spent a decade not putting in any effort and they're hoping Kayla can fix it, but c'mon.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

kimbo305 posted:

Jon Jones has been back and been champ for 11 months now? Where has the time gone

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

So that's 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 2, 5, 0, 1 defenses, hmm. Volk would probably have like 8 defenses by now if he wasn't the other side of Makhachev's two defenses.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Who against whom?

*Wholm

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I laughed but of course Wholly had a very important neck kick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Jon Jones has been back and been champ for 11 months now? Where has the time gone

He's not even had the courtesy to entertain us outside the cage by being an incorrigible poo poo like usual

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZsLudtfjI

This trailer makes me think of 90s cocaine and jetski energy and I love it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

BlindSite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZsLudtfjI

This trailer makes me think of 90s cocaine and jetski energy and I love it.

It's too bad Conor is in this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

mewse posted:

I like to think he wasn't cast but that he just showed up one day and they filmed it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

mewse posted:

Don't forget the original remake was going star Ronda

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Don't forget the original remake was going star Ronda

One proposed Ronda vehicle was a parody of...something written by Tina Fey and there's a morbid curiosity as to how bad that would have turned out.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Reminder, the last day for getting votes in for the 2023 MMA awards is fast approaching!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051061

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Happy Friday Morning Fights Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUKP43Pluk

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Friday fights always good.

Last fight some good violence

Also, there is a ONE card in Tokyo Sunday but it's a PPV $40

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've only seen the one fight so far, but Khunponnoi vs. Shahmarzade is a must watch on the One Friday Fights card.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thai guys are built different. Really thought Shahmarzade was gonna get that finish and if you can't you are done. Khun came out hard and fast like the 1st round didn't happen.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's been a morning of little brothers winning

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lid posted:

Charles Jourdain has blamed his loss on the judges being trans.
I hope this is true, whatever it means

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah I didn't wanna click but was he saying the judge scored against him because they were trans, or they were trans because they scored against him?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

COPE 27 posted:

Yeah I didn't wanna click but was he saying the judge scored against him because they were trans, or they were trans because they scored against him?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMAPoliticsAndCulture/s/xXPZrGKi01

It's all judges are liberals and hate my Real Talk

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Please enjoy Merab's video

https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1750951090269659556

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao that's incredible

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That's so good. Promo of the year

coathat
May 21, 2007

Karate Combat is live with some bjj as a warmup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZxjbkpYzXE

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Why can't we have more fighters be like this and not toxic shitheads

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
I love Merab so much,

I have that smirk on his face when he put on O'Malley's jacket burned into my brain that was such a perfect moment

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Merab retiring Aldo with an Aldo esque performance is seared into my mind. Aldo just could not get anything going against him, like he was stuck in second gear. After Aldo did that to so many people it is, in its own way, quite an impressive passing of the torc

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I suddenly love this man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm reading this horrible stuff about Vince McMahon (please don't) and I didn't know brock lesnar was a huge fuckin creep sex criminal prior to today, was this known before??

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
5 minutes ago I had no care for Merab. Now whenever Merab is not on screen everyone asks where is Merab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm reading this horrible stuff about Vince McMahon (please don't) and I didn't know brock lesnar was a huge fuckin creep sex criminal prior to today, was this known before??

Brock stalked his wife relentlessly and liked showing his dick to people without their consent so... yeah. It was known but you had to dig a little for it.