Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

kalensc posted:

Haha, yeah, it's certainly an odd way to be a spectator, but tbqh since the early-10s I've pulled away from live-watching content across all sports. Having a crack-ping "oh, these industries are exploitative as hell, and sexual/physical/emotional abuse are baked into the adolescent elite leagues" realization started the process.

One of the reasons I started watching mma instead of hockey is the somewhat less toxic masculinity and presumably lower rates of CTE making me feel slightly less guilty.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Somehow that tomato is actually turning 300 into a great card

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

tickets were going for$800 at the beginning of the month and $350 now lol

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

hmmmmm, wonder how he got there. hmmmmm

How did white Americans get there?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It would be extremely easy for him to say "I want to be the first champion training in Africa" if that's all he meant. He didn't.

Yes of course his comments were problematic, and he did walk them back although probably he should have more explicitly apologized. My point is just that we should assume generally that all mma fighters are problematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah I didn't wanna click but was he saying the judge scored against him because they were trans, or they were trans because they scored against him?