Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

it must be hard to go from being a bigoted weirdo and getting loads of adulation and applause and media to being a bigoted weirdo getting 21 likes on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kimbo305 posted:

I too wish for a controversial Muslim force to defeat Israel.

everyone's told you already but this is a good rear end post.

kimbo305 posted:

My fave image from the year

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

god i think it was the first fight with barao where he landed something like 30 odd unanswered punches before the ref called it off. i remember pausing and counting them and it was something like 32. absolutely crazy. those two fights with barao were some of the most brutal beatings i've ever seen. it's rare to see a champ get absolutely embarrassed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

As much as I love MMA I don't rewatch it (outside of research/writing projects) all that often, but I rewatched that fight so many times. Just one of the most beautiful performances in the sport.

genuinely agree with the descriptor of 'beautiful'. like the murder art in the tv show hannibal was beautiful. executing a man has rarely been so sublime.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I can't believe it's going to be the MMA guy that fights all of the best heavyweight boxers of this generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kalensc posted:

I've never followed MMA, never watched an event, and have really only watched content that I was linked to via these threads.

After I watched the Jon Bois / Felix doc at some point during the pandemic though, I was both intrigued to learn more about the people in the ring, and wholly disinterested in actually engaging in the modern UFC product.

So finding your in-depth fight previews was awesome, and the contributions of many other posters was enlightening as well. The "let's remember some fighters" thread, the thread about the more absurd combat sports, the "Who is most like Tank Abbott" thread, etc.

Anyways, your output is fantastic, and I figured I was overdue to say so. Aight, back to lurking these UFC/MMA threads! :munch:

thanks for posting. it feels like an asylum in here sometimes. it's really interesting to hear from someone consuming this content like you are. it must be weird lol but yeah we do have the best mma journalists on the planet here they just don't work for the ufc.