Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

Dana announced Zhang Weili x Yan Xiaonan for UFC 300 and teased a couple more title fights.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C18yK42JrkQ/?igsh=aXQxdmpwYWJjbHNt

In Vegas instead of China? Lmao

This kind of poo poo should be evidence enough in court that these guys aren't some kind promotional geniuses. Just dumb assholes coasting on monopoly power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I was feeling the same thing. Different styles, but the guy found Robert Whittaker and smoked him. Dude's a freak. I dunno if Strickland can bring the kind of heat to keep him at bay on a good day.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

And if you're Sean Strickland the fights also suck. It's lose lose baby.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

I agree with almost all of this (and most what of what I don’t agree with is because I haven’t seen the fighters in question enough) but I was just talking about folks who are likeable as personalities. There are more interesting and multifaceted fighters than ever but fewer of them who are cool or even memorable as people

Isn't that just the kick in the teeth of it all? You've got people believing in flat Earth, lizard people, and having views that wouldn't be out of place in 1860 but they're all loving dull "I'll fight whoever they put in front of me" wastes of time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm reading this horrible stuff about Vince McMahon (please don't) and I didn't know brock lesnar was a huge fuckin creep sex criminal prior to today, was this known before??

Brock stalked his wife relentlessly and liked showing his dick to people without their consent so... yeah. It was known but you had to dig a little for it.