Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
2023 Awards thread is here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051061

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
that gentleman can tie his shoes without bending over

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Thats why I liked when boxing would measure from the shoulder to the end of the fist for reach

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

The Shanghai event planned for last Nov got canceled for "logistical reasons." I haven't found any details, but it certainly didn't seem like a turf war.

Which other promotion do you think would be involved?

UFC has to let one of those no-touch chi masters win a title

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Or just give a belt to a random Chinese billionaire.

There was one bloke. I think it was the Ali Baba guy, who paid a bunch of martial arts movie stars (the Raid guy, Tony Jaa, a couple of others) to be in an action movie where he's the hero and beats them up. It's exactly the sort of dumb thing I imagine I'd do if I was a billionaire and 'buying yourself an actual UFC belt' is a logical extension.

This is also every Hector Echevarria movie. He's a doughy, middle aged kickboxer who stars in movies where he beats up Rampage and GSP and Forrest Griffin.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

Yeah how the gently caress does that happen?

Angela Magana must be his bjj coach

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

PFL vs Bellator card is set for Feb 24

Champ vs Champ fights are:

Bader vs Ferreira

Eblen vs Kasanganay

Jackson vs Magomedkerimov

Pitbull vs Pinedo

Also announced

Aaron Pico vs Gabriel Braga

Bruno Capelozza vs Vadim Nemkov at HW

Thiago Santos vs Yoel Romero

Clay Collard vs AJ McKee

plus the pro debut of Biaggio Ali Walsh and Claressa Shields will be there as well

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

As I have frequently mentioned, one of my favorite MMA memories is when Dom Cruz accepted the Comeback Fighter of the Year award for his career return in 2014. He accepted the award on crutches because he had already gotten re-injured

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I enjoy LEGO enthusiast Brandon Moreno.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I know he looked not great last time out, but I still love my Iron Turtle

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The Cachoeira fight has been bumped to 135 because Priscila couldn't make 125. ok.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Magomed Magomedkerimov is out of the fight vs Jason Jackson at the big Bellator champs vs PFL champs card next month

Stepping in on short notice is PFL 2019 Welterweight champ, Ray Cooper III

The fight will now take place at a 182 pound catchweight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Reminder, the last day for getting votes in for the 2023 MMA awards is fast approaching!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051061

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Please enjoy Merab's video

https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1750951090269659556

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

So people found it suspicious that John Lineker weighed in (at lightweight!) yesterday for what was stated to be an unspecified, general-purposes alternate slot, and one fight into ONE's pay-per-view, they announced Sage Northcutt was out due to issues with his cornerman, and Shinya Aoki was going to fight John Lineker instead.

I am continually impressed by how ONE manages to be more shady than the UFC. It's not fuckin' easy. I hope I wake up to Lineker having a lightweight win.

edit: Sage's update:
https://twitter.com/scmpmartialarts/status/1751559085529632769

Hell, up until like last week ONE was saying Rodtang was going to fight Takeru when everyone else knew he was hurt and that Superlek was going to take his place. Even Takeru's team was doubtful they were fighting Rodtang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

This is a translation error. He's drawn. By a cartoonist. Each morning.

drat you, Liefeld!