Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Happy new year.

Who's your early pick for fighter of the year?

Khamzat, if only by virtue of probably winning the belt and beating Israel on the way rather than having a high number of stand out wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

I too wish for a controversial Muslim force to defeat Israel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

god i think it was the first fight with barao where he landed something like 30 odd unanswered punches before the ref called it off. i remember pausing and counting them and it was something like 32. absolutely crazy. those two fights with barao were some of the most brutal beatings i've ever seen. it's rare to see a champ get absolutely embarrassed.

Wonder what gave Barao a worse beating, TJ or the bathtub.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not the most likely outcome but Joshua getting splattered is definitely not unlikely.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Miching Mallecho posted:

He could've paid more. Like all of it.

25k is 25k sure, but also, if you take his word for it and he's worth 500 mil, it's 0.005% of his net worth. There's literally no reason to be impressed by the super-rich giving amounts of money that is large to you or i, probably, and literally nothing to them.
It's the same as you giving 2.5 dollars if you have 5000 in your bank. That 25k's probably coming back in interest alone inside a month.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dana on UFC 300: “This is just going to be a type of card we’ve never done before. Every fight is a must see fight.”

indirectly suggesting that most cards have some poo poo fights on purpose

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

https://www.threads.net/@lukethomasnews/post/C2amzU0pT2j/
Maybe not the most efficient way to learn:
- the UFC censored Makhachev’s message of Palestinian solidarity out of a rebroadcast, and ESPN/Disney just let it happen
- there were LGB chants at Toronto, lol

a right wing freeze peach advocate going "free speech! but not like that!" is one of the least surprising things on earth.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Jon Jones has been back and been champ for 11 months now? Where has the time gone

He's not even had the courtesy to entertain us outside the cage by being an incorrigible poo poo like usual

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dana & Vince still in a sprint to the bottom even after a merger.

Still not convinced Vinny Mac is winning that race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Buddy you should really read that affadavit.

It was not a "vince is not that bad" statement.