Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
UFC turning into the Saints Row 2 Fuzz minigame where you have to bust the steroid ring and they can punch your character into fractional orbit

00’s Japan has nothing on this muscle pharm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
fun to see Riyadh supplant Vegas for world capital Hypercapitalistic Gambling Hell

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The booking is also fantastic from a gently caress the UFC perspective. There goes MMA's biggest star while they struggle to put on anything compelling for 300.
Dude I walked past a Strickland-Duplessis poster last night and almost busted out laughing but didn’t feel like explaining myself.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
An event in China probably means M-1 style co-promotion which the UFC is making one of their few wise moves to avoid.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Strickland doesn’t do anything smart.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

Not gonna lie, it bothered me in the early days when the effort it took to do it was still new, but these days I am not going to be mad at anyone for not reading 5,450 words about why I think Phil Hawes will lose a fight.
Even though my MMA fandom might have entered terminal phase with this month’s title fight of Domestic Pan-Bigoted Idiot vs Imported Merely Racist, I still appreciate your efforts and enjoy your writing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

The eternal war against my own brain.
MyTrainingLog.mri

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Oh what the gently caress I didn’t realize 297 was happening here. Maybe there’s some way Strickland and Du Pelisses (not looking that up) can be rendered inadmissible to Canada if they’re not already in the country. I’d rather a non-title headliner than those two.

I knew something was wrong when I saw UFC flags hanging outside the strip club on the way home.

Ticketmaster’s app tried to flog tickets to me just now, so I hope it’s selling like total poo poo.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Brut posted:

Still can't believe this
I don’t care if he’s the champ or not just don’t bring that poo poo here and have it hold pressers / post-fight interviews where he drools a bunch of slurs and stans for a wannabe dictator.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Eh my gimmick is wanting to see the best or most interesting fights and being bored of everyone having to fall over themselves to tell you they read das capital and have a twitter account.
:rolleyes: enjoy your next bottle of Proper 12 I guess

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
A barely-journalist asking why he loves slurs is "the enemy of Canada" get the gently caress outta here.

e: oh gently caress he's still somehow upset about funding being cut off for truck nutz

asking for a second invocation of the emergencies act to shut the main event down like the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 18, 2024

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

mewse posted:

What Dana means when he says tickets are "sold out"

I’m the six-wide block of scalper tickets praying for face value.

… well kinda; that literally was me at UFC 97.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Cool quote from a genocide defending pedophile from the party you vote for
Lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Izzy has every reason not to drop it since he's almost surely going to fight Du Plessis next in a title fight or title eliminator. It's not like the UFC will build any kind of narrative in advance of Ron Pearlman's voiceover.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lol I was at Quarry-Starnes so gently caress your short memory Dana

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
if he thinks that’s plausible I’m ok if it’s true

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Having finally finished the 4hr TUF saga supercut wow does Dana ever look like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Eat This Glob posted:

even before the document and lawsuit, vince had a five part series on "behind the bastards." dana is a really lovely person and a business tyrant, but not "really need a sixth edition of a podcast about the worst people in the world"

not that it's a competition, but vince is a special kind of monster
Six parts, equalled only by Henry Kissinger and G. Gordon Liddy.