Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Snowman_McK posted:

It's funny. I was assured by some very confident people that Ngannou wouldn't be able to book another fight, never mind a high profile one, and definitely not Anthony Joshua, given the under performing PPV numbers against Fury. It's amazing how many confident stupid people there are out there. Not here, obviously. You guys know everything and are extremely handsome. I should clarify that that was not sarcasm. I genuinely love all of you and you're keeping me interested in this terrible dumb sport.

For Saudi Arabias purposes it doesn't really matter if people paid or pirated as long as they watched. 100m in buy money was never going to cause the event to turn a profit and turning a profit was never the goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CarlCX posted:

Not gonna lie, it bothered me in the early days when the effort it took to do it was still new, but these days I am not going to be mad at anyone for not reading 5,450 words about why I think Phil Hawes will lose a fight.

I think you put more effort into fight pass cards than anyone else involved in any way, including the fighters on the cards.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
5 minutes ago I had no care for Merab. Now whenever Merab is not on screen everyone asks where is Merab?