Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Lid posted:

Jorge on the juice got bodied in bellator this is a death rattle

Good

kimbo305 posted:

I too wish for a controversial Muslim force to defeat Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Liquid Communism posted:

He looks like Liam Neeson ate Dillashaw to steal his power. If I didn't know better you'd never convince me that guy fought at bantamweight.

lol I was trying to formulate a Liam Neeson joke, the resemblance is uncanny

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Lucasar posted:

"Schindler's Fist"
"Star Wars: EPOsode 1"
"Rob 'Roid"
"4 Oz. Glove Actually"
"Taken: Tag Tournament"

Unperson_47 posted:

Ra's All Juice

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

LobsterMobster posted:

I enjoy LEGO enthusiast Brandon Moreno.

oh that sounds cool

A Passing Feeling posted:

Brandon Moreno's expansive Funko Pop collection

ugh nevermind

Lid posted:

The UFC is at peak no one to root for and that's why it's so hard to care anymore. It's old favourites refusing to hang them up being dismantled by mostly shitheads, new favourites being forced out by refusing to be exploited, and all that's left are the dregs. I couldn't even tell you who is to really go for beloved fighters now that aren't like Bobby Knuckles who is years and years removed and after the mauling he suffered...

I mean there's Alex Volkanovski so I guess the rule is the only fighters left worth fighting for are Australian's.

Max Holloway is lovable and Dustin Poirier is alright, but yeah they're both past their primes

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

blue footed boobie posted:

Is Max actually past his prime? He’s still putting together good performances. He just can’t beat Volk. Disclaimer that I don’t remember the Arnold Allen fight that well.

i mean both guys i mentioned are still very good. max has taken a lot of shots over his career and is 32 fights in, and I have a very bad feeling about the Gaethje fight. Anyway I just meant that they aren't up and comers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

CarlCX posted:

I know I spend a lot of time complaining about divisions, so if I had to go down the list of people I personally care about :
  • 265: Tom Aspinall has historic levels of potential he's only now getting to realize, Shamil Gaziev is an interesting prospect and if you don't root for Chris Barnett I'm going to ban you
  • 205: Dumb as his path here has been Alex Pereira's a hell of a fighter, Jiří Procházka is incapable of being boring, Magomed Ankalaev's a great contender, Aleksandar Rakić IS boring but I love him, Khalil Rountree is fascinating from the perspective that in any given fight it's equally probable he'll look like total poo poo or knock out everyone in the first four rows of seats
  • 185: It's a loving phantom division because Sean Strickland, Israel Adesanya, Dricus du Plessis, Robert Whittaker, Khamzat Chimaev and Jared Cannonier are a killer talent lineup if only most of them could stop being shitheads/if Chimaev could exist more than once a year; Ikram Aliskerov and Caio Borralho seem like genuine future contenders worth watching and Bo Nickal is, uh, interesting; rooting for Gerald Meerschaert and Jun Yong Park is obligatory because how can you not, I'm real, real curious to see what happens with Johnny Eblen
  • 170: Shavkat Rakhmonov's gonna be a champion and it's gonna fuckin' rule, Ian Machado Garry is on the cusp of being a thing but he's got some willies to shake out, Jack Della Maddalena's wrestling defense is officially A Problem for him but he's still incredibly fun to watch, I'm a big Rinat Fakhretdinov fan for some reason I can't even explain and I'm starting to think Michael Morales might be the real deal
  • 155: I mean, it's Lightweight, goddamn near everyone at Lightweight rules in some way, it's awesome that between Arman Tsarukyan and Benoît Saint Denis and Rafael Fiziev we're finally starting to see the top-division hegemony cracking a little, Elves Brener is secretly very good, I have been ride or die for Bobby Green for more than a decade and cannot stop now
  • 145: Lightweight Jr. in terms of quality, Alexander Volkanovski is the pound for pound best in the world but I think we're at the beginning of the end, Ilia Topuria loving rules, Calvin Kattar probably isn't ever making contendership but he's fun as hell, Movsar Evloev's a great grinder and if he gets past Allen this weekend he's a problem, Joanderson Brito is my homeboy
  • 135: merab merab merab merab merab merab (also Deiveson, Farid Basharat and Rinya Nakamura are interesting-rear end prospects and I hope somehow Patchy Mix winds up in the UFC)
  • 125: Literally everyone at this division rules but I'm currently deeply personally invested in Tatsuro Taira, Jeff Molina's one of the few good eggs out there and he's fun to watch, Muhammad Mokaev's kind of a shithead but he's real fun to watch, Kyoji loving Horiguchi
  • WOMEN'S 145: like larissa pacheco's pretty cool i guess
  • WOMEN'S 135: I cannot tell you how deeply it pleases me Raquel Pennington is finally getting her title shot but Mayra Bueno Silva also rules and will probably kill her, I'm not a huge Karol Rosa fan but that last fight with Irene Aldana was fun as hell
  • WOMEN'S 125: Alexa Grasso's a great champion who's in real loving trouble as soon as Erin Blanchfield or Manon Fiorot get in there with her, which is real fun to anticipate; Natália Silva is a fantastic prospect with a great style; I'm oddly invested in Veronica Hardy's career comeback
  • WOMEN'S 115: Gillian Robertson is my homeboy, the return of Tatiana Suarez was one of the best stories of the year until her body imploded again, Lupita Godinez is a future contender and I've been ready for years

I agree with almost all of this (and most what of what I don’t agree with is because I haven’t seen the fighters in question enough) but I was just talking about folks who are likeable as personalities. There are more interesting and multifaceted fighters than ever but fewer of them who are cool or even memorable as people