Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rumored fight are you most looking forward to in 2024?
This poll is closed.
Alex Pereira vs Tom Aspinall for the Heavyweight title 4 8.89%
Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler at Middleweight 0 0%
Francis Ngannou vs Ryan Bader to break the sport's skull ejection record 8 17.78%
Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. in some kind of amateur MMA match 1 2.22%
Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic in a double retirement bout 4 8.89%
The UFC vs The American Legal System in an antitrust fight 28 62.22%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

What’s the condition of Dillashaw’s shoulder, though?

Seemed pretty hosed last time we saw him, but I don’t know the full power of post-surgery Secret Juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I was just speculating just because he was a massive drug cheat, but man was he an incredible fighter when he was fully healthy and in full flight. If he never went to 125 I think he cements a legacy. That being said he'll be 38 next month and has been in competitive sports his whole life, that's a lot of miles on the tyres so I doubt he comes back.

Gotcha. Yeah, he was fun to watch. I agree it would have been interesting to see what happened if he didn’t try for the 125 belt.

Maybe it happened in the same “what if X fighter didn’t throw that spinning poo poo” alternate universe.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

There's two American middleweights this could apply to.

Yep. I was thinking of Chael, Weidman, and Shevchenko.

I wonder how many more examples of “when spinning poo poo goes wrong” there are.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

drat lol. Conor broke down the USADA door so TJ could walk through.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

If he beats Sean I guess the only option is Izzy. We have to find out who the realest African is.

They already planted the seed and watered it with a rain of awkwardly, drunkenly yelled n-words.