Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm a little surprised you're using the classic version as opposed to the Rehydrated editon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
So fun fact: Goo Lagoon and Goo as a hazard in general is based on an actual phenomenon known as a brine pool. Brine forms underwater pools of a darker color and higher density because its salinity is three to eight times greater times greater than the surrounding ocean.

And because of the brine's high density and lack of mixing currents in the deep ocean, brine pools often become anoxic and deadly to respiring organisms hence why the show and by extension the game treat goo as functionally being water in any other setting.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
So fun fact: In order to have the computer talk, I believe a Barnacle Boy model was placed inside the computer model so removing the latter will result in Barnacle Boy talking to you in the computer’s voice.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

NHO posted:

Whole game is 'Grind those drat shiny objects, son', but this level absolutely doubles on that, with five money gates? Worth one Krabs Spatula in total.

Yeah there’s a reason why it's not uncommon to flat out skip this level altogether since it's not difficult to have forty Spatulas by this point so long as you don’t skip more than fifteen across the play through.

Regarding your theory in video, most missions in general can only be completed with the intended character hence why only that character gets the actual mission dialogue while the other character gets generic character dialogue.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 18, 2024

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
It’s strange that Dream is the last level in the list given it’s also the free level. Granted this doesn’t really matter since even skipping Sand Mountain outright still means you are afforded five or less Spatulas to reach Kelp Forest.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I have mixed feelings on Kelp Forest. See I actually consider it is prettiest level in the third hub section and more so in Rehydrated, not so much Kelp Cave admittedly, however I will acknowledge that it is stupidly easy to get lost and the backtracking in Kelp Cave is annoying until you open the shortcut.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah Patrick being the more combat/puzzle oriented rather than aerial mobility like Sandy doesn’t help, it’s like they built the level for Sandy but realized they no levels for Patrick in this set so just swapped out the character specific elements (stone tiki switches instead of Texas hooks) without changing the actual area layout to accommodate Patrick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
What’s makes the removal of the intended Patrick’s dream worse is that had it been kept, Sandy and Patrick would’ve had an even five levels where they were playable rather than the 5 to 4 split we got in favor of Sandy.

It sucks because as mentioned before Kelp Forest, specifically the second area, really does seem like was built for Sandy's aerial mobility rather than Patrick’s strength but it was the only level that could be converted into a Patrick level with minimal modification assuming that Kelp Caves was designed after said conversion to make it feel more natural as a Patrick level.