Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Thomas Sewell replied "Australia for the white man" I regret looking at twitter for the first time in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Thomas Sewell replied "Australia for the white man" I regret looking at twitter for the first time in a month.

But he's not even Gen Z! :argh:

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm pretty sure this whole party is a bit but then again you should never underestimate how stupid people can be

https://x.com/genzparty_au/status/1744225723479732418

The founder of that party is a former DLP candidate, his father is president of the DLP and hilariously his day job is being an exec at The Enhanced Games, an organization that wants to create an alternative to the Olympics Games where performance enhancing drugs are fully allowed

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm pretty sure this whole party is a bit but then again you should never underestimate how stupid people can be

https://x.com/genzparty_au/status/1744225723479732418

the guy running it is a former dlp member whose dad is the vic dlp president and they supposedly fell out because the dad shockingly didn't stop the dlp being tradcath weirdos once he became party president. if it is a bit it's a pretty good one just because it's so ridiculous

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It annoys me that we, in Australia, get weirdos like this, and randos like the Hunting and Fishing party.

But we never get Screaming Lord Such's, or Lord Bucketheads.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

BrigadierSensible posted:

It annoys me that we, in Australia, get weirdos like this, and randos like the Hunting and Fishing party.

Be the Grand Lord Poster that you wish to see in the election.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Seemlar posted:

hilariously his day job is being an exec at The Enhanced Games, an organization that wants to create an alternative to the Olympics Games where performance enhancing drugs are fully allowed

Wait back up a bit. How does such an organization get enough funding to HAVE anyone doing it as a day job.

Like at least the Olympics and other sporting federations that are all corrupt actually have sports that can get gambler advertising to pay for.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i don't think the enhanced games thing is at all a real job, it seems to be just a media stunt organised by some pal of peter thiel's lol.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BrigadierSensible posted:

Cecil G Murgatroyd used to run in elections in NZ and Australia under the McGillicuddy Serious Party and Imperial British Conservative Party tickets (which both branched off from Alf's Imperial Army which was mainly a NZ thing but actually started at Melbourne Uni in '72) back in the 80s and 90s. He was closely associated with the Wizard Of Christchurch who also ran for various elections in NZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWajXei1W8

He died back in '01 though, this is all ancient history now

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

JBP posted:

More like Thomas Sewer.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cecil G Murgatroyd used to run in elections in NZ and Australia under the McGillicuddy Serious Party and Imperial British Conservative Party tickets (which both branched off from Alf's Imperial Army which was mainly a NZ thing but actually started at Melbourne Uni in '72) back in the 80s and 90s. He was closely associated with the Wizard Of Christchurch who also ran for various elections in NZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWajXei1W8

He died back in '01 though, this is all ancient history now

Oh wow. I remember his Queen Anne of Australia party from the Republic referendum stuff. Basically, we pinch Princess Anne for our queen and sell titles to rich wankers to raise cash.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Comstar posted:

I got bulk billed for a GP visit today. I was completely shocked.
If you’re not a concession card holder then your GP and their practice combined got less money for that consultation then my local barber charges for a basic haircut with no extras.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Elissimpark posted:

Oh wow. I remember his Queen Anne of Australia party from the Republic referendum stuff. Basically, we pinch Princess Anne for our queen and sell titles to rich wankers to raise cash.

Considering that the Brits give titles to political donors, this seems like an improvement on transparency.

Bring on the Bunyip Aristocracy (apply within).

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2024/jan/14/victoria-pub-gambling-machines-tab-ban-teenager

wtf

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

The Artificial Kid posted:

If you’re not a concession card holder then your GP and their practice combined got less money for that consultation then my local barber charges for a basic haircut with no extras.
The hair cut will take at least twice as long.

Your point still stands however.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Cartoon posted:

The hair cut will take at least twice as long.

Your point still stands however.
apparently only around 12% of GPs’ time is spent on consults <10 minutes https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/gp-opinion/a-48-second-doctor-visit,-anyone

The last figure I heard for average consult length was 17 minutes, although I can’t find a public source for that figure. The most recent one from a quick google is 15 minutes in 2002, but I’d say GP consults are highly likely to have got slightly more complex and time consuming since then. My last haircut from the barber was 20 minutes.

I also don’t know how the barber and the shop split their billings. Most GPs get about 65% of their billings, the rest goes to the practice (and the practices are crying poor). Out of their 65% the GP covers their own super, any leave they want to take (they have no funded annual or parental leave), thousands per year in college fees, thousands in indemnity insurance and nearly a thousand in AHPRA registration.

There’s nothing wrong with what the barber is charging, but the government only giving you a similar amount to pay your doctor bill is definitely wrong.

Also early 15% of a GP’s work time is spent on non-billable work https://www1.racgp.org.au/getattachment/4f596068-36e8-438d-b4b4-fe0b90cd549b/MABEL-data-examining-workload.aspx (worse for female GPs)

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

I loving HATE poker machines and the parasitic venues that install them. They're designed to addict people and take their money as rapidly as possible, it's loving disgusting.

Now I'm in a bad mood!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

loving hell that's sickening

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SecretOfSteel posted:

I loving HATE poker machines and the parasitic venues that install them. They're designed to addict people and take their money as rapidly as possible, it's loving disgusting.

Now I'm in a bad mood!

You are correct but the teen in the article fed it into TAB machines

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Here's the pitch for the Sydney Cycle Superhighway if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the help and feedback along the way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tab and the venues should have to repay him the money.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Bucky Fullminster posted:

I just wanted you to know, we’re all counting on you.

Now please do Melbourne.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

quote:

Add “the edge of golf-courses” to the formula. To bring this whole magnificent path to life.

This bit needs touching up. Was this a note to yourself that you didn't take out?

quote:

You make it possible for everyone who lives west of Toongabbie to into town with a bike. 

Missing a word here.

I think the hit explaining the petrol cycle and how engines work to be a bit eghhhh I dunno over bearing. People know what ebikes are at this point, and anyone who is reading a proposal about a bike super highway definitely does

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

I think the hit explaining the petrol cycle and how engines work to be a bit eghhhh I dunno over bearing.

... me? overbearing?! Surely that can't be right.

The difference in energy efficiency between the two systems is at the fundamental core of the plan, got the rest done in 16 minutes so figured I'd reward myself with a little exposition lol. I think highlighting the absurdity of the ICE has value. People don't really see the true scale of the invisible inputs when they're at the pump. It's very easy to ignore.

quote:

This bit needs touching up. Was this a note to yourself that you didn't take out?

Missing a word here.

Hmmm the first one is meant to be like that, but if it doesn't read right I might have another go. The "formula" is the trainlines, waterways, and motorways thing. Add "the edges of golf courses" to that as well, and we get the airport-to-opera-house route.

Second one is a good catch thank you.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Laserface posted:

You are correct but the teen in the article fed it into TAB machines

wtf! I thought that they were talking about poker machines. what the gently caress!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Keeping an eye on everyone who enters a pokie lounge is a real pain in the rear end and the most annoying thing about working most pokie lounges, but even with the fact that minors are allowed around those tab machines it's crazy to me nobody would notice given they're required by law to be installed within sightlines of the bar like a ciggy machine.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Pitch? It’s a manifesto mate.

Give me 3 bullet points and a 100-150 word summary at the front.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Definitely a manifesto.

Still, if there is one salient point:

"Relying on individual councils to propose individual segments within their LGAs is not going to deliver the contiguous network we need. "

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Alright, manifesto, fine.

How would you summarise it Mr Recoome?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bikes good, maybe make them even better with infrastructure (if u want)

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Laserface posted:

Bikes good, maybe make them even better with infrastructure (if u want)
tl;dr

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Someone tried to arson a woolies with a flare already

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
must have been those drat lefties

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm not going to judge anyone for flaring a Woolies

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lol I don’t work for free mate

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

But seriously something about coat saving or a dollar sign of sorts - you’ve got to sell it. You’ve had this feedback before but you should really work the whole “why” angle a bit more - don’t assume that anyone recognizes the brilliance.

How would you sell this idea in 30 seconds? Try thinking about that.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Isn’t what the first paragraph does?

We need to talk about transport. Because the current system isn’t working. It’s expensive,

But sure I’ll work on condensing it further

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Isn’t what the first paragraph does?

We need to talk about transport. Because the current system isn’t working. It’s expensive,

But sure I’ll work on condensing it further
Not just the problem, but the solution. What are, say, the five most important things people need to know about this solution? (e.g. that it will use existing under-used spaces and corridors, that increased cycling will save money for our health system, etc).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

kirbysuperstar posted:

must have been those drat lefties

Antifa Super Soldiers are being bussed into our towns to destroy our supermarkets. The War On Australia Day has taken a dark turn. :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

I haven't been in Woolworths for a while given there's a Coles nearby, but gently caress me do Woolworths like recording everything you do.