Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
https://youtu.be/PRqUVh29LGQ?si=uEwogJbpp-yrm6kC

Many people dislike Jordies for reasons various, but holy poo poo is this terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

it's 1000th the size it needs to be

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Budzilla posted:

Denver is like that because all tunnels to Site F and the Lizard people.

That’s right, and it’s in conjunction with the Saucer People, accommodated by the Mormons and the Liberal National Party also referred to as Reverse Vampires to discredit Medicare and continue mining without a massive benefit to the wider population.

23 Skidoo fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 16, 2024

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Here we are discussing or not discussing bike paths when we could hang out with some Japanese Railroad Tycoons and build an intercontinental railway system

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Budzilla posted:

Bring back thatfatkid so we can all be abused for not wanting a 2000KM HSR, that's the sort of rail chat that auspol needs.

it may not be the auspol thread that we need, but it's the auspol thread that we deserve

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Who do we call for hot single Au Pairs in our neighbourhood? I tried calling Peter Dutton’s office but they just laughed at me

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
happy birthday to everyone except anidav

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
meth melange must flow

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Don Dongington posted:

...on balance cutting off critical infrastructure has an overwhelmingly higher impact on the poor and vulnerable.

On this... these protestors/ER just pissed off a lot of people on a commute and could've at least provided a few dunnies/portaloos and some vegan grub. Could've been a great gathering of people who had time off work with a legit reason without recourse, whilst being fed and provided a way to piss or poo poo whilst they're stuck on the bridge for 2 hours. Also could be educated by ER people more broadly on the impact of Anthropogenic Climate Change if they wanted.

Thankfully no-one died as a direct result of the protest i.e. Ambulances needing to get through. Yeah, more people will die in a massive capacity in the coming decades regardless of how fast we shift to renewables, but somehow optics keep people enthralled.

*takes boot out of mouth, swallows dirt on tongue and continues to minimise personal footprint which has no bearing on global geopolitical security of 'oil' and 'coal' and 'gas'*

I'm mostly kidding, but I can't think of ways to improve optics of non-violent protests.

I also don't want to end up on a list I'm not already on, so I won't be overly reactionary and I'll simply state I feel as though peaceful protests like these just end up as footnotes on the day's news. I've had it up to my eyeballs with the inaction, lack of traction and fundamentally flawed energy policy.
But... we'll get there. I have to believe this.

Also, they'll just get heavy haulage for concrete-filled gas tanks.

To go to a really reductionist take... for every action there is an equal and opposite (and near neutral) reaction.

For example: Design an ICE that literally guzzles fuel and pumps out huge amounts (but just under the legal limit) toxic fumes... the equal/opposite reaction may be banning petrol guzzlers completely. Or we'll have a quasi-'murican reactionary group buying them up and using them out of spite. Can never tell with these things.

*puts boot back in mouth*

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

10 bucks says the cop said something first

Probably.

Also, highly ironic that Kerr is charged for what is essentially drunken disorderly when Victoria literally just got rid of those laws. Who do they predominantly get used against? What a white bastard.

Also, those 12 months before they laid the charges must've been hell. Imagine. Being a privileged authority figure who should remain calm under pressure whilst being white today is so hard smdh

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

GrandTheftAutism posted:

who reject the existence of the Australian state

I think everyone feels that way about QLD

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e%20council%27.

I for one welcome our new piece-meal Voices, which will prove over time that it should have been an overwhelming "Yes" vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Lid posted:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I submit into evidence these posts and to ask yourself if "stupid white bastard" is, if anything, a quaint but accurate description of the situation?

if anything it's too kind... a cheeky "white" 'oval office' would've been more appropriate