Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Konomex posted:

Sir/Madam/Mx,
I'd kindly posit that as WA has not only built new rails lines, but also trains. WA politics are supremely important. Also the hilarious situation where the Nationals lead the coalition here because they have more members.

WA, the state where children die in underfunded hospitals while politicians boast of a $3,000,000,000+ surplus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

freebooter posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeHockey/status/1744078492592197754

I do find it fascinating that we've basically let bulk billing vanish almost overnight without a fuss, let alone a fight.

*angrily puffs on a cigar*

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

You mean angry washing machine noises surely?

Haha! Yes I do! I forgot that video!

edit: I'd post the video if I could find it...

SecretOfSteel fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 8, 2024

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

:allears:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

I loving HATE poker machines and the parasitic venues that install them. They're designed to addict people and take their money as rapidly as possible, it's loving disgusting.

Now I'm in a bad mood!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Laserface posted:

You are correct but the teen in the article fed it into TAB machines

wtf! I thought that they were talking about poker machines. what the gently caress!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

I haven't been in Woolworths for a while given there's a Coles nearby, but gently caress me do Woolworths like recording everything you do.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

JBP posted:

Just cancel negative gearing and get $10b a year ez

But what about all the "mum and dad" investors??

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

But... But as "The Australian" rightly points out, more than a million (A MILLION) households will be worse off because benefits are being shifted to lower and middle income taxpayers (which I guess would make those million households in the high income bracket, and therefore the easiest demographic to empathise with).

...and just LOL "The Australian" is just utter, utter dogshit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

LOL at the Auspol darling chiming in. Enjoy the comment section people!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

...Also Melbourne is now the best capital city.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I saw someone saying they were pissed off about this on reddit

Grow up its just a loving statue you mong

Jesus, on my Facebook feed I had boomers defiantly posturing that it will always be "Ayers Rock" despite the Uluru name change which happened, what, 30 years ago? My fault for logging onto Facebook.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Comstar posted:

Via reddit: the owner of Robinsons Bookshops has some…opinions.

From the thread:

Looks like I'm cancelling that local bookstore.

Remember people: "Go Woke Go Broke!"

Edit: Oh new page, video time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofLnrFPerE

SecretOfSteel fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 28, 2024

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

an egg posted:

who else is stoked about getting conscripted!

SkyNews has the best comment sections!

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Shocked that a news company in this day and age would take the easy route, deliberate or not, of making poo poo up over the tiniest bit of investigative effort. Shocked I say.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-11/barnaby-joyce-asked-to-explain-canberra-footpath-footage/103453420

ABC News posted:

Opposition Leader Peter Dutton said he would have a conversation with Mr Joyce about the incident this week, but suggested someone should have helped him.

"It's pretty rough when people are walking past somebody who might be in need of support," he said.

"I understand a chalk mark has been drawn on the footpath – it can only happen in Canberra where all those Greens and Labor staffers are."

Two loving tools. :qq:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

...and on the topic of political staffers, JFC Google...

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

...I see we're back to asylum seekers and xenophobia

:australia:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Whoops, I meant this:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

Its loving infuriating that the journalists on this country dont ask the amazingly basic questions that would show how full of poo poo the LNP is.

Don't tempt them...

"Mr Albanese, how is it you're not aware of the reported armada heading for Australian shores?"

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

impressive that after one episode, four corners got the woolies ceo to step down

Even after he cosplayed the working class.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anthony Albanese has dismissed calls for forced divestiture powers to add competition to Australia’s food and grocery sector.

Former competition tsar Allan Fels has called for the watchdog, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, to get new powers to call for the break-up of corporate giants, describing the move as a potential “big stick” against anticompetitive behaviour.

Nationals leader David Littleproud is among advocates calling for supermarket giants Coles and Woolworths to be broken up, amid growing accusations of price gouging and a series of government reviews.

Speaking on ABC radio in Brisbane on Thursday, Albanese said calls for forced divestiture powers were dangerous.

“What we had the power to do is to encourage competition and encouraging new entrants,” he said.

“At the moment there’s a voluntary code of conduct and what the ACCC are looking at is whether some form of mandating is required.

“We have a private sector economy in Australia, and not a command and control economy. We’re not the old Soviet Union.

"We’re not the old Soviet Union", JFC read the room, that man just steps back from low hanging "cost of living" fruit because he hasn't got a splinter of a spine. Neoliberal Albo never fails to disappoint.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Amethyst posted:

Breaking two of the biggest companies in australia is not "low hanging fruit"

The issue of "cost of living" is the low hanging fruit, not the breaking of two of the biggest companies in australia.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Forget I spoke. Should have done some research first.

:capitalism:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Quit and spend time with your family.

No you other family.

The one where he publicly declared to the media the identity of the child's biological father is a "grey area".

(everything else aside, how on earth did that not instantly kill that relationship)

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

I had a girlfriend in my very late teens that introduced me to politics and among the events she took me too, she took me to IWD marches and working bees back in 1997. The people and the vibe were so very different to the RSVP emails I now get from my work about an IWD coffee and cupcake morning tea to celebrate the achievements of women. Strong women vs corporate hacks, I just loving hate having to go along and watch how watered down it is and eat my lovely cupcake and feel like a class traitor.

edit: I should point out when I say the "celebrate achievements of women", its a celebration of corporate achievements and is as far removed from any social struggle as possible.

SecretOfSteel fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 28, 2024

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Agro isn't a cryptid, he's an Animal puppet with the red fur shaved off, the rest of his fur dyed brown and the irises drawn slightly larger

The teeth, tongue and eyes are the giveaway

Holy poo poo, that's spot on. I loved that lecherous little bastard when I was younger and he hosted Cartoon Connection. I'm sure its aged well. :suicide:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Well we all know what the housing crisis needs. Hand-drawn schematics!

So we need more houses, and the problem with the new development regions is that they're hideous sprawling soulless suburban hellscapes, with barely any services or connectivity or life. Go have a look around them and your heart will sink. It’s just a loving disgrace that at this stage of our evolution, this is the best we can do.

Just wow. Get hosed trees I guess?

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

Even after Sussan Ley and the Not-A-Monster Peter Dutton choice of a xenophobia platform over, oh I don't know, anything else? Dumb bigoted fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

hooman posted:

Ah, I guess she must have called the cop the w-word purely because they were white with no other factors involved.

When someone says to me "Go gently caress yourself you white oval office" they're not saying that because I'm white, they're saying that because I'm being a oval office.

Good luck to the cop getting up and arguing not ACAB in this day and age.

Wikipedia posted:

The phrase "All Coppers Are Bastards" first appeared in England in the 1920s, then was abbreviated to "ACAB" by workers on strike in the 1940s.

:hmmyes: