Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Here's the pitch for the Sydney Cycle Superhighway if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the help and feedback along the way.

quote:

Add “the edge of golf-courses” to the formula. To bring this whole magnificent path to life.

This bit needs touching up. Was this a note to yourself that you didn't take out?

quote:

You make it possible for everyone who lives west of Toongabbie to into town with a bike. 

Missing a word here.

I think the hit explaining the petrol cycle and how engines work to be a bit eghhhh I dunno over bearing. People know what ebikes are at this point, and anyone who is reading a proposal about a bike super highway definitely does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-19/israel-benjamin-netanyahu-rejects-us-calls-for-palestinian-state/103367348

If only there was some way the US could get Israel to stop bombing civilians.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Changing the day to May 8 is the best idea ever and should occur.

Unless something horrible happened on May 8th in Australia.

I haven't checked.

Mayeight

Depends if you are german or not i guess.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I want to change it to somewhere in June or July because there are gently caress all public holidays around then and moving one from jan to june would spread it out a bit more.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

abolish all public holidays and instead legislate 4 day work week

e: this is another attack on penalty rates

counterpoint: keep all public holidays and legislate a 4 day work week anyway

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Theron posted:

It's just so exhausting. He keeps Kramering in here with his brilliant ideas, demanding feedback and then just ignores all of it and continues doing his own thing and clogging the thread with endless paragraphs of textual diarrhoea.

He isnt ignoring all of it though? He has taken a lot of it on board and updated / modified his pitch based on it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Captain Theron posted:

Oh how silly of me, I now see how it's the fault of the drat tiktoks, and not a structural problem. We just need to focus on budgeting, that will solve the problem of wage growth not keeping up with increasing costs. Placing the onus on the individual to solve social problems always works, just as it has with drugs, climate change and sexual assault. Really, it's an individual moral failing if your HECS debt was deliberately increased through coalition policy.

Dont touch the poop

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Say what you will about Bucky, it looks like he gets results.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-13/new-life-for-abattoirs-branch-bridge-over-m4-parramatta-road/103460052

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Billionaire says "Pay me or I will keep doing the poo poo that I know is harming the planet"

fucken sociopaths

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Non Compos Mentis posted:

how does he know an "armada" is on the way? did the libs pay for an armada to be on the way?

Its loving infuriating that the journalists on this country dont ask the amazingly basic questions that would show how full of poo poo the LNP is.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GrandTheftAutism posted:

It's for the entire rainbow, and I'm so sick of seeing trans people get the short end of the stick, what did we do to you?

To be fair to JPB, they are an idiot fuckwit low effort troll.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

freebooter posted:

Is this good? No, but I don't think it's even really the fault of political parties, it's a majority of our own society because we've painted ourselves into this ridiculous corner where a huge amount of most families' wealth is tied up in their house.

Its the fault of the political parties who enacted policies that encouraged wealth generation through property.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

take a wild guess where on the graph the 50% CGT discount came in

Its such a loving no brainer to get rid of as well. How difficult can it be to say "Hey, we are getting rid of a discount on taxes, just like we got rid of lmito"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

go_banana posted:

There is a way out however isn't it something like 70% of Australians either own their homes outright or with a mortgage? Anything that significantly dents prices is a non-starter.

There needs to be a cultural shift to stop looking at housing as a wealth generation / holding asset. That starts by stopping the tax breaks that encourage real estate speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bucky Fullminster posted:

fine, do what you want, who gives a poo poo

let a million girls' idol get dragged through the headlines for a few cycles

Silver lining, maybe they will learn early that acab